Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
They wouldn't likely be selling the last boat unless they had a good back up. I suspect their income took a hit when they moved to the cat and things went sideways for a bit. Now they are back together and preparing to go back to France?

She won the food battle, he is now eating plants and calling them delicious. Like Rimas and a car wreck, it is hard not to look. Besides, they still make fairly decent videos.

I think they are very bright people. The whole cat ordeal is a bit unfortunate. Wiser people could have seen trouble brewing with moving to a million dollar cat while living off of donations. Perhaps bright but not wise?
Soft you really are not pretending to be the blunt pencil are you....btw what colour is the sky in your world??

Last edited by a moderator:

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
17 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

...in the meantime I have been sailing my new motorsailor

images (48).jpg

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Another great video Dylan. The little boat appears to move quite well. How do like steering like that?

True but we happened to be unlucky enough to become the next door neighbour of a well armed psychopath. Britain was saved by the English channel, Switzerland by their vaults full of gold but apart from these 2 exceptions democracy became a thing of the past for European nations.

Trump isn't Hitler and the US democracy is stronger than the Weimar republic was but IMHO we still should all be wary of a character like Trump becoming the "commander in chief".
Britain was saved by the fact that Hitler didn't mind the Brits. In fact he hoped for peace with England. They allowed the British Army to escape back to England when it would have been like shooting fish in a barrel. Probably regretted allowing that as we turned England into our military base while England turned around and fought effectively from her own soil.

Hitler was a terrible war general, that may have saved him from assassination. His blundering decisions in Russia are what costs Germany the war. They never did get the fuel from the great Russian oil fields, due in large part to his blunderings. At the end, they simply ran out of fuel while we patted ourselves on the back and took full advantage of a military that had largely ran out of fuel. Plus Rommel, being the family man that he was, went back to Germany for his wife's birthday while we stormed the beaches of Normandy.

We did beat the Japanese and that feat is hugely under rated. The Japanese had a very proud, and long standing military history. They ran roughshod everywhere they went .... except to the east.

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

I have been watching their patreon stats with interest

to see if there was going to be a dip with the cat

no sign of a dip in income

https://www.patreon.com/LaVagabonde

so still bringing in $8,500 a week!

Pretty good wheeze I would have said.

in the meantime I have been sailing my new motorsailor

You've earned a tip for showing me how to gybe a rudderless boat. I always though that it was next to impossible to stop it rounding up when sheeting in but grabbing the boom like you do seems to solve the issue.

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
Britain was saved by the fact that Hitler didn't mind the Brits. In fact he hoped for peace with England. They allowed the British Army to escape back to England when it would have been like shooting fish in a barrel. Probably regretted allowing that as we turned England into our military base while England turned around and fought effectively from her own soil.

Hitler was a terrible war general, that may have saved him from assassination. His blundering decisions in Russia are what costs Germany the war. They never did get the fuel from the great Russian oil fields, due in large part to his blunderings. At the end, they simply ran out of fuel while we patted ourselves on the back and took full advantage of a military that had largely ran out of fuel. Plus Rommel, being the family man that he was, went back to Germany for his wife's birthday while we stormed the beaches of Normandy.

We did beat the Japanese and that feat is hugely under rated. The Japanese had a very proud, and long standing military history. They ran roughshod everywhere they went .... except to the east.
I think that we didn't study the same version of history. As pointed above, we don't want this thread to end in political anarchy.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I think that we didn't study the same version of history. As pointed above, we don't want this thread to end in political anarchy.
And this is where I agree with you - the courage and bravery of the French soldier is not in question and Dunkirk would have been a blood bath but for their sacrifices. The bulk of the British army would have died or been captured and the UK facing almost certain invasion. Germans couldn't believe the French willingness to stand and fight when faced with overhelming numbers.  Nothing political about this, just correcting biased history. 

Being corrected by those who have only seen the winners version of history = priceless. The winner does get to write the majority of history of course.

Oh well, still have not seen anyone prevail on the internet against those who simply scream louder while gathering in the flock.

LaVag's caboose is looking as glorious as ever. I wonder how much money her fabulous stern has garnered. Now "augmented" with a new bow.

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
And this is where I agree with you - the courage and bravery of the French soldier is not in question and Dunkirk would have been a blood bath but for their sacrifices. The bulk of the British army would have died or been captured and the UK facing almost certain invasion. Germans couldn't believe the French willingness to stand and fight when faced with overhelming numbers.  Nothing political about this, just correcting biased history. 
French army was ill equipped, in the wrong place and badly managed, the Belgians did a very good job and fought very hard, the bit of French army that was trapped in Dunkirk with the Brits did what they could outnumbered fighting bravely side by side with the Brits. They got lucky as the Nazis were a bit slow but that was more of a German error, Hitler wasn't a very good general.

BrickTopHarry

Anarchist
Texas
I'm flabbergasted by the proliferation of "sailing x" Youtube channels.  There are way too many to even begin to keep up with now.  It's exhausting.

Just for grins I looked at the "Sailing Miss Lonestar" channel that I watched briefly a year or two ago because I was curious if there would ever be any actual sailing, or learning to sail, there.  

I felt like I got dumber and dumber for every minute that I watched.  Now she's supposedly refitting a basket case of a Cal 29 that she's then going to live aboard with her kids and circumnavigate the globe with?  Oi.

I guess if you can get all your SUPER YouTube followers and Patrons to foot the bill and maybe even do most of the work, it's all good.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
at the other end of the beauty spectrum is Barry Perrins - an ugly Brit with a ready wit

still going.... good man