Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
Well, from a brief scrim of that vid the problem was fuel supply. Dirty filter.
Thankfully it wasn’t a belt issue…
9F79041C-8704-495E-AF81-0C138DAF0473.jpeg

socalrider

Super Anarchist
San Diego CA
Fuck that. If ever there was a use-case for a link belt, that's it.

I keep a couple metres of A and B section link belt about the place, it's very handy when you are pushed for time and don't have the correct size belt to hand.

FKT
My Ford Lehman 120's have an issue like that, where the belt loops around a coolant line. I string a fresh belt around the same coolant line so it can be changed on the fly without cracking the coolant lines if necessary.

Looks like their impeller leaks & has been spraying salt in that engine compartment for decades.

low bum

Tennessee
Check out Wind Hippie. She's doing a seriously admirable job of keeping her boat going and I have no doubt she'll complete her circumnavigation. Lots of trouble out of her engine that looks like she found it on the sea floor. If my daughter was heading out on a circ I would at least buy her a nice little Yanmar to see her safely on her way.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Oh, no doubt about that - knowing first hand just how much like hard work it is, and how you're subject to a lot of things totally outside your control, from weather to prices, I've the utmost respect for them.

I just don't want to be one. Or watch hobby farmers on YouTube either.

FKT
It might be fun being a farmer with a good ol' girl like this helping you hold down the homestead...

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Come on Israel, if you are going to post links like that here then do us all a favor by using the YT 'copy video link at current moment' to simple cut to the chase for us busy viewers...

Darn, still so much to learn on this information superhighway. :D
I got laughed at yesterday when I told our young crew to make me a powerpoint.

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
I was watching this Youtube video today. I was curious how he got dismasted. I have a feeling it was lack of maintenance, and possibly corrosion from all those steps up the mast. Boat didn't look very old and the winds and waves where not very big (30kts, 6-8ft swell). But, none the less, he lost the rig.

Reactions: lom

Tylo

Sweden
I was watching this Youtube video today. I was curious how he got dismasted. I have a feeling it was lack of maintenance, and possibly corrosion from all those steps up the mast. Boat didn't look very old and the winds and waves where not very big (30kts, 6-8ft swell). But, none the less, he lost the rig.

Look at the way the shrouds/spreaders shudder at 3:37 ish:

Is that normal?

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Really hard to tell from the vid - but with swept back spreaders, the roots are very firmly locked on the bases. I think what you're seeing is camera jitter. Looking at the lee shrouds, I'd have liked to see more rig tension in general