Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
I was watching this Youtube video today. I was curious how he got dismasted. I have a feeling it was lack of maintenance, and possibly corrosion from all those steps up the mast. Boat didn't look very old and the winds and waves where not very big (30kts, 6-8ft swell). But, none the less, he lost the rig.

Reactions: lom

Tylo

Sweden
I was watching this Youtube video today. I was curious how he got dismasted. I have a feeling it was lack of maintenance, and possibly corrosion from all those steps up the mast. Boat didn't look very old and the winds and waves where not very big (30kts, 6-8ft swell). But, none the less, he lost the rig.

Look at the way the shrouds/spreaders shudder at 3:37 ish:

Is that normal?

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Really hard to tell from the vid - but with swept back spreaders, the roots are very firmly locked on the bases. I think what you're seeing is camera jitter. Looking at the lee shrouds, I'd have liked to see more rig tension in general

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Well darn, this live-aboard threesome had just gotten started, but apparently just after their first race and beach-spa, they have left the boat.

@Rasputin22 you have to teach me the trick for posting at the appropriate moments on YT. This one is at 14:40

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
Well darn, this live-aboard threesome had just gotten started, but apparently just after their first race and beach-spa, they have left the boat.

@Rasputin22 you have to teach me the trick for posting at the appropriate moments on YT. This one is at 14:40

You have right click on the video and select: "Copy video URL at current time"

and it generates a link that look like this:

Ow0ec8RbHsY?t=863

Where "t" is the number of minutes into the video.

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC

Ow0ec8RbHsY?t=863

testing testing

aww heck...just doesn't work for me. I copy the URL which has the t=800 statement, but all it does is revert to the beginning of the video when I post.

Last edited:

mathystuff

Anarchist

Ow0ec8RbHsY?t=863

It's seconds instead of minutes.
You can also add &t=10m15s
For 10 mins 15 secs into the vid, etc.

? Instead of & for shortened urls.

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
On the YouTube site, you can click "Share" to get this dialog:
share.png

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada

Skimmed through the vid very quickly. At 10:06, if I ran into that woman while cruising, I’d run away...she’s just so...I can’t describe it...she’s like a parody, but she’s real...

Absolutely bizarre - at around 17:20 and a minute past that, they say, well we’re selling the boat, and moving on to a new transition in life on land back in the USA, but for anyone interested in our new post-sailing-don’t-know-what-it’ll-be -land-lives, stay tuned, we might do a vlog. WTF?! Do people actually want to watch shit like this? What makes someone with a camera think that others might be just generally interested in what they’ll be doing with their lives post-short sailing trip (pardon: I mean “journey”) to Mexico? Bizarre phenomenon, YouTube. Maybe I should start a channel about my daily life? Any takers? :) :). (Oh, I’m sure they’re out there...)

Last edited:

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Skimmed through the vid very quickly. At 10:06, if I ran into that woman while cruising, I’d run away...she’s just so...I can’t describe it...she’s like a parody, but she’s real...

Absolutely bizarre - at around 17:20 and a minute past that, they say, well we’re selling the boat, and moving on to a new transition in life on land back in the USA, but for anyone interested in our new post-sailing-don’t-know-what-it’ll-be -land-lives, stay tuned, we might do a vlog. WTF?! Do people actually want to watch shit like this? What makes someone with a camera think that others might be just generally interested in what they’ll be doing with their lives post-short sailing trip (pardon: I mean “journey”) to Mexico? Bizarre phenomenon, YouTube. Maybe I should start a channel about my daily life? Any takers? :) :). (Oh, I’m sure they’re out there...)
My hate-on-favorite of this genre was the oversharing chick and her SO who went from setting off to sail the world, to suddenly dumping the boat (I think she got scared) and within months they were 'experts' in homesteading in Hawaii. Now I can't find their channel.

The whole thing was an endless, emo-filled bunch of crap "journey." The kind of thing you watch occasionally so that you can say "thank God I don't have to listen to that all day at my house." (I've never watched The Kardashians, but I'm guessing that's why a lot of people watch it.)

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
My hate-on-favorite of this genre was the oversharing chick and her SO who went from setting off to sail the world, to suddenly dumping the boat (I think she got scared) and within months they were 'experts' in homesteading in Hawaii. Now I can't find their channel.

The whole thing was an endless, emo-filled bunch of crap "journey." The kind of thing you watch occasionally so that you can say "thank God I don't have to listen to that all day at my house." (I've never watched The Kardashians, but I'm guessing that's why a lot of people watch it.)
Yes. Neither is the type of sailor likely to be sponsored by Hydrovane to the tune of being given a windvane. (And neither am I.) But James/Triteia seems quite deserving of one - although he’s successfully playing the commercial angle of YT sailing channels, he has an undeniable honesty about him, too, and has evidently worked hard to get where he’s at. He’s an artist, too, I think, and I respect most folks who are bold enough to do that.

Next up (September 12): Season 9, Polynesia cruising.

Dogscout

On walkabout
Screenshot_20220901-111237_Facebook.jpg

So in the Facebook post to the group All things Sailing, these nutjobs complain that Staniel Cay is becoming tourist trap? OMFG, it been like 7 years since this whole youtube sailing thing started and nearly every one of them has gone swimming with pigs. Do you think it's getting too crowded?

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
Wow, even Delos wants to quit YT now...

YT made this guy semi-wealthy and famous and allowed him to basically fuck off around the globe while people barricaded themselves in their home due to covid or chained themselves to cubicles to pay the bills. Don't give me any shit about how laborious it is to record everything and the amount of editing labor hours involved. It's still leagues better than Dirt People's lives.

Hearing him bitch about the hand that feeds him is like listening to Lizzo claim that she's oppressed while being handed her MTV Music Award.

GFY.

Latest posts