Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

robtoujours

Anarchist
Somewhere
Manbuns are for life, not just for Christmas (unfortunately).

So Free Range Sailing (now renamed to Free Range Living as they have swallowed the hook) say farewell to Mirool.

They didn't show the new owner but Troy said that the new owner is learning to sail and he will be making a passage up to Perth on her.

🚩 🚩 🚩

I wonder how long before we see her in the Zombie Fleet thread?

They must be a long way from the coast as I wouldn't sell a small boat like her that I had just spent a year refitting.

Rather put her in a nice marina or on the hard for a while. Then see what happens for a year or two. But that's their choice..

Last edited:

Black Sox

Super Anarchist
Dublin, Ireland
I watched them early on but grew to hate them both. Its a moral failing on my part or a personality defect or something, I understand that; I hate like 5 people in the world who fully deserve it (eg. Putin), plus these Evans people. Why? I don’t know. I think maybe it’s their whole self obsessed naval gazing whiny bullshit smiley manbun generation, but these two are nails-on-a-blackboard.

But … I clicked on your timestamped link and, yeah, it’s great. With the sound off the girl is Youtube gold. I’d like and sub if they just did 5 minute silent bikini cooking on a boat vids.

I miss twolegged, btw. It is almost not worth typing these posts with nobody reacting, calling me a misogynist old white stupid American.
You're a a misogynistic old white stupid American.

There, now. Happy?

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Manbuns are for life, not just for Christmas (unfortunately).

So Free Range Sailing (now renamed to Free Range Living as they have swallowed the hook) say farewell to Mirool.

They didn't show the new owner but Troy said that the new owner is learning to sail and he will be making a passage up to Perth on her.

🚩 🚩 🚩

I wonder how long before we see her in the Zombie Fleet thread?

They must be a long way from the coast as I wouldn't sell a small boat like her that I had just spent a year refitting.

Rather put her in a nice marina or on the hard for a while. Then see what happens for a year or two. But that's their choice..

Ah, they'd done everything they wanted to do with that boat and are trying out another of their 'bucket list' things. I had a chat with Troy the other night. They're both happy and keeping interested & busy.

Might be another boat in the future but meanwhile they're enjoying a different set of challenges. Troy did comment that it was really nice having a shed or 2 to work in.

FKT

Dogscout

On walkabout
So there is this Facebook Group called All Things Sailing. Today I unjoined or withdrew from this group because it seems to me that most of the posts are "Our new episode just dropped" I like FB groups like Med Sailing and others, but this has turned in to a commercial for all the youtubers to announce their videos. And there is a bunch of crap out there that hasn't even made it here. True garbage.

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
So there is this Facebook Group called All Things Sailing. Today I unjoined or withdrew from this group because it seems to me that most of the posts are "Our new episode just dropped" I like FB groups like Med Sailing and others, but this has turned in to a commercial for all the youtubers to announce their videos. And there is a bunch of crap out there that hasn't even made it here. True garbage.

The smaller private FB groups I visit keep the Youtubers at bay. They get booted after one or two tries. But these are groups less than 10k so are regularly monitored. They're treated just like any business ad.

I must have joined one or two of the larger sailing groups and rarely visit but see the Youtubers posting there. I also notice that they rarely get a 'like' which means nobody is opening them either.

It's all junk by the looks of what is posted here! :) I have signed onto Captain Q for his boat reviews. Interesting, witty, funny, good stuff. Well done too.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Much easier working in a shed instead of crawling around in a cockpit locker. I see the attraction.
Tell me about it. I'm running more wires on my boat ATM. Upside down next to the engine, unwrapping spiral-wrap overhead to add a couple more wires, then re-wrapping it all and replacing the cable ties. My back hates me today and there's more to do yet.

Still, the antenna splitter for the AIS/VHF will be installed and so will the power cable for the powered winch so - progress.

We won't talk about the AP motor mount though. Plan C is the current one.

FKT

It’s started polluting my hyper-regional sailing / liveaboard group as well.

As an aside: when did it become hip to promote oneself as totally incompetent and unknowledgeable in a subject which one has chosen to film oneself engaging in? This seems particularly common in sailing YouTubers, I assume because they want the resulting drama for views and thus money, but what a debasing way to make a living - portraying yourself as a blithe ignoramous.

IMO:
Doing something like sailing across an ocean with little experience, or a decent humble refit, or showing a learning trajectory from coastal to passages: Frickin’ Rad. Nice job. Shockingly few channels doing this content.

Buying a shitty boat with obvious flaws and then whinging that “this is just how boats are!!” while simultaneously hyping your “cool, off-grid lifestyle choices”: Frustratingly stupid? Also extremely common now?

CFE002C4-EEA4-44A2-A13F-A48B2CFAC3BC.jpeg

Last edited:

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
As the mechanic told me while starting up the engine on a boat I was under contract to buy... "the only thing starting a 30 year old diesel tells you is that it started this time".
This is true BUT - I have an ancient Massey-Ferguson tractor. Built in 1964 IIRC.

It always starts if the battery is good.

Still, I agree with the basic point and when looking at boats, I factor in the cost of an engine replacement just to be on the safe side.

I saw a Gardner 4LW engine come out of a basically free boat yesterday. The gearbox is broken. Not worn out, physically broken as in something inside went bang very vigorously and the final drive is shattered, with most of the teeth stripped off of a very large gear. That is going to be interesting to watch...

FKT

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
Ancient? By definition, nothing younger than me is in any way “ancient.” My Massey-Harris-Ferguson is a 1953 model. The world’s most-copied tractor.

Latest posts