Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
I don't understand. Were you under 18 at the time?

Australian nationality. AFAIK it was illegal for me to own/carry hand guns. Maybe it wasn't but I really didn't care enough to find out. I was over firearms by that stage in my life really after the Port Arthur massacre. That was far too close to home and caused me to re-evaluate things.

FKT

bny

Exactly mirrors my thoughts on this, thank you Ajax. Especially the physical size/bullying bit. Some of the time I think the hatred for people owning guns is because it's hard to physically intimidate an armed man.

And I've never even set foot in Florida.

I used to see people open carry all the time in Arizona, including a 70+ year old man out for the evening with his wife, both formally dressed, and coming from one of Tucson's classic music events. I know that because I was also there though not carrying. Not legal for me and I couldn't be bothered regardless.

Not even for a single second did I feel threatened by that gentleman and I can't conceive of doing so.

Probably more than 50% of the people I worked with carried at least some of the time. Sneering at a bunch of engineers, programmers, highly skilled techs etc reflects more on the sneerer than the sneered IMO.

FKT
I should just stay out of this, but it doesn't make much sense to me to a) recognize a threat in the presence of someone bigger/stronger than you and b) expect others not to feel threatened by someone wearing a firearm. Either they're both worrisome or neither of them is.

rstone

Mobile, AL

Kinda, maybe, could be, likely.

_20221007_105111.JPG

rattus32

Anarchist
Vail, CO
So, anyone white and poorer than you. Got it.

That's why people arm themselves. Because intolerant, physically stronger bullies might attack them.

Your tolerant intolerance is fucking foudroyant. I don't carry, none of my vehicles are rusty, I don't shop or dine anywhere in your HIMARS target list but I certainly don't shit on those who do. I simply don't understand the hate for these people.
Little to do with being white and poor. Look in the beds of the trucks - 90% are empty. 1) I see all people colors at the $ places; I also see poor choices being made regarding spending in general, which I blame on lack of math skills. 10 Chinese plastic forks for $1 vs. 300 decent ones for $5. (We use recyclable PLA ones at my wife's restaurant.) 2) You don't need to be poor to eat at these fine establishments, either, although it makes me question the subject's commitment to making it to the end of their normal life expectancy, and question why they don't simply buy good food and make something for themselves. Rather than rely on the good graces of their fellow citizens to support their advanced medical needs.

If there's enough grease on your plate to measure its depth, you've gone too far.

Kinda passionate about life decisions and their impact on the quality of such life.

Regarding carrying in a grocery store, what kind of pathetic loser feels threatened picking up a bag of apples?

Last edited:

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
I should just stay out of this, but it doesn't make much sense to me to a) recognize a threat in the presence of someone bigger/stronger than you and b) expect others not to feel threatened by someone wearing a firearm. Either they're both worrisome or neither of them is.

I don't recognise a threat in someone bigger/stronger than myself UNLESS they're acting like an aggressive, bullying arsehole.

I don't recognise a threat in someone carrying a firearm UNLESS they're brandishing it, are impaired by something or are pointing it at me. Just carrying a firearm is a meh.

This in reference to people carrying holstered handguns, not semiauto centrefire rifles in malls and the like. THOSE types, I look at sideways and go somewhere else. But I never saw anyone doing this in Tucson.

Note that it's not the person or thing, it's the action(s) that accompany it. I've personally owned firearms since I was 14 years old.

Anyway, enough.

FKT

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist
Little to do with being white and poor. Look in the beds of the trucks - 90% are empty. 1) I see all people colors at the $ places; I also see poor choices being made regarding spending in general, which I blame on lack of math skills. 10 Chinese plastic forks for $1 vs. 300 decent ones for $5. (We use recyclable PLA ones at my wife's restaurant.) 2) You don't need to be poor to eat at these fine establishments, either, although it makes me question the subject's commitment to making it to the end of their normal life expectancy, and question why they don't simply buy good food and make something for themselves. Rather than rely on the good graces of their fellow citizens to support their advanced medical needs.

If there's enough grease on your plate to measure its depth, you've gone too far.

Kinda passionate about life decisions and their impact on the quality of such life.

Regarding carrying in a grocery store, what kind of pathetic loser feels threatened picking up a bag of apples?
In Vail, Right? Which restaurant, in case I get up there this winter?

That's still fairly tidy compared to some boats I've seen. There's no dinghy hanging off the back.
The liferaft is securely stowed on the cabintop.
Hi Alex,
Jeanne here - thanks - I do keep a totally clear deck when offshore!
My solar panels do a good job on the stern arch (when not removed by a knockdown... ) and my Liferaft is secured to my pushpit for ease of deployment in emergency. The photo here was taken in 2006 on my way to Kauai from SF in the SHTransPac race that year - so my dinghy was (unusually) stowed on deck, ready for the cruising to Alaska and then south to Mexico that was to follow the race to Hawaii.
BTW, I'm now posting frequent short YouTube videos on my sailing and also on my many repairs etc over recent months - see my channel 'Jeanne Socrates sails solo around the world'...
Can't compete with hot chicks in bikinis at my age - but do have a touch of experience and expertise to compensate a bit (hopefully!)

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
you people are pissing me off

That video brings to mind that lovely Francois Couperin harpsichord piece, more famously known as transcribed for piano -composed in early 1700s, so of the Baroque period, yet evocative of Romantic or even early 20th jazz/Satie pieces, with its roundabout progression through the circle of fifths, surprising flats, etc.

Kidding. Doodles is in a class of its own.

But here it is anyway. No one knows what Couperin actually intended by the title. Bit of a mystery.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
slight fred drift - but still relevant

it seems youtube is up to its old tricks demonitising video makers - with no real appeal route

this time its Ukraine war videos

Our very own Russell Brown is interviewed by Leo here and his PT11 dinghy gets rave reviews

Thanks for that, I have to say I am a bit of a curmudgeon on the fregan boat stuff sometimes to my detriment via the sincere real deals which Leo seems to fit.. Was very impressed with the video and the segue to Russels shop was very well done. I have coveted the PT 11 for a very long time and this little snip has me thinking again of winter boat building that won't cross the divorce threshold....