the fridge does not work

boat aground low tide so have to leave at high tide at night

then wait until low tide to get under the bridge

will they make it?
course they do

but then.... transmission fails

dun dun dunnnnn

Standard plot. Ep 1.We bought a boat!
Ep 2. Swimming with pigs. Ep 3. Man bun and bikini shots.

chester

Super Anarchist
bright and breezy couple

man wears reverse baseball cap

blonde woman has weird hairline

buy a boat - no survey

the fridge does not work

boat aground low tide so have to leave at high tide at night

then wait until low tide to get under the bridge

will they make it?
course they do

but then.... transmission fails

dun dun dunnnnn

Riveting!!

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
Watching the latest episode of RAN Sailing, who are taking a long break to build their own dream boat:

Johan is using a very cool hand held precision CNC router driven by "computer vision" on the router, reading coded tape attached almost randomly to the piece being cut.

Amazing! :cool:

This $3.5K hand held CNC tool really impresses me. Shaper Tools 'Origin', San Francisco, CA

Getting Started With Origin

What a cool shop/project to use a tool like this...

Last edited:

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
My Husky got off the boat today. Went to live with a family of mushers where I think he’ll be happy pulling with his new girlfriend.
The boat is bigger, suddenly, but I think it will be hairy for a long time.
I'm glad you found him a good home so that you can both be happy.

robtoujours

Communist
Undercover
Not for everybody. I pity the greyhound in particular.

"The Lifestyle".

Back when I was young that used to be a euphemism for swingers.

Well, as long as you can consume it like your peers on social media I guess.

"Wildlings Sailing" has posted again. The Chinese girlfriend has wisely decided that "The Lifestyle" is also not for her so she has moved back to China - but she left him the dog.

He is now single, boatless, and on the lookout for a bluewater monohull that just needs some love.

Should I Buy This CHEAP Bluewater Sailing Boat Project? (Van De Stadt Victory 40)

An excellent example of Betteridge's law of headlines - an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

He finds a wreck ("80% complete") that some dodgy old geezer is trying to offload on some idiot for over $10k.

It seems the comments, rather sceptical by YouTube standards, have dissuaded him. You'd think his prior experience (getting a wreck of an old cat in France to "barely floating" status after a year of frantic work) would have taught him, but he seems to me one bad decision away from a serious accident/drug addiction. Hopefully his Dad will keep him on the straight and narrow.

Or you know, make him get a job.

chester

Super Anarchist
"The Lifestyle".

Back when I was young that used to be a euphemism for swingers.

Well, as long as you can consume it like your peers on social media I guess.

"Wildlings Sailing" has posted again. The Chinese girlfriend has wisely decided that "The Lifestyle" is also not for her so she has moved back to China - but she left him the dog.

He is now single, boatless, and on the lookout for a bluewater monohull that just needs some love.

Should I Buy This CHEAP Bluewater Sailing Boat Project? (Van De Stadt Victory 40)

An excellent example of Betteridge's law of headlines - an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

He finds a wreck ("80% complete") that some dodgy old geezer is trying to offload on some idiot for over $10k.

It seems the comments, rather sceptical by YouTube standards, have dissuaded him. You'd think his prior experience (getting a wreck of an old cat in France to "barely floating" status after a year of frantic work) would have taught him, but he seems to me one bad decision away from a serious accident/drug addiction. Hopefully his Dad will keep him on the straight and narrow.

Or you know, make him get a job.

:ROFLMAO:

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
My Husky got off the boat today. Went to live with a family of mushers where I think he’ll be happy pulling with his new girlfriend.
The boat is bigger, suddenly, but I think it will be hairy for a long time.
I had a husky years ago when I lived in Japan. Dumb as a board, but I loved that dog :). As soon as it snowed (and it snowed a fair bit where I was), the dog was in heaven - so cool to see.

Eventually, Azul (blue, in Spanish - he had one blue and one green eye - my Japanese girlfriend at the time was also a Spanish speaker and gave the dog his name - it’s complicated... :) ) and I had to part ways. He absolutely (and unintentionally/innocently, with his claws) destroyed the house’s tatami mat floors (which were everywhere except in the kitchen)! Doh!

As much as dogs are loved in Japan (see the famous story of Hachiko), I only ever saw them chained up to stakes outside, confined to a sleeping in a nearby doghouse. I didn’t want a dog that way...but I also wanted nice tatami mat floors! :)

Last edited:

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Well I might have one somewhere.... but after nearly pulling my finger off somewhere on a table lip with it, not a fan.

Latest posts