Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Bagheera

Alaska
When I last saw him he was already 78 or 79 and that was in the early spring of 2015. He wintered in Greenland and I was the first boat to sail into 'his' bay that spring, we had some great meals together.
He lives in Scotland and is writing books and stuff. I think his wife doesn't really want him to sail to Greenland and such anymore, but he certainly is still sailing around in the Scottish waters. I actually never read any of his books, might be time to order them.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Betteridges Law! Never fails!

@Bagheera - not surprised. He certainly got around in his Westerly. I wonder what he’s doing now - he must be getting on a bit.

This was a film about him —and largely his wife, who supported him in various ways on those big adventures over the years.

It’s called “Farewell to Adventure” - a beautiful story about him shifting the focus of his life to caring for his wife, now suffering from Alzheimer’s/dementia. It seems he sold his boat, to help support care for her.

Trailer:

Last edited:

jmh2002

Anarchist
These crazy people have now gone back in the water :D (y)

Far more interesting than that guy who's name should not be spoken here for those that want to watch big rebuilds of boats.

And there is even a Girl, and a Hot Place, and Patreon too.

Although a baby has also been added... :censored:

chester

Super Anarchist
Tits are good. Are they the highest good? Perhaps not, but to Aristotle the highest good is something that is desirable for itself, is not desirable for the sake of some other good, and all other goods are desirable for the sake of it. Tits, and boats, meet these requirements. Tits better than boats IMHO as all tits are good and some boats are objectively bad. There are really no bad tits. Aristotle said the highest good was happiness. But clearly he only said that because he didn't want to get in trouble with his wife. I think he really thought the highest good is tits and nice boats. If he had said this, the USA would have been founded on life, liberty and the pursuit of tits and nice boats. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense. instead, all we have is this thread.
I come here for the existential...and the tits.

chester

Super Anarchist
So they are looking at a bigger boat. That's the "end" they are talking about? I think that the gratuitous T&A approach works better than dumb, misleading headlines. (But then by definition it isn't gratuitous I guess..)
i'm with ya brother

robtoujours

Communist
Undercover
Yeah she is straight up awesome, respect to her !

30F8B414-2782-438E-8932-923BAC70EF2A.jpeg

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
These crazy people have now gone back in the water :D (y)

Far more interesting than that guy who's name should not be spoken here for those that want to watch big rebuilds of boats.

And there is even a Girl, and a Hot Place, and Patreon too.

Although a baby has also been added... :censored:

They come across as a fearless couple of sea creatures with access to endless energy and enthusiasm I like that however a 4.2m draft on a family cruiser no thanks…
0C1F4181-A14D-4FDC-9768-DAFE339EB5C8.jpeg
129EDE40-288F-4269-90FC-115DEA6081D0.jpeg

jmh2002

Anarchist
They come across as a fearless couple of sea creatures with access to endless energy and enthusiasm I like that however a 4.2m draft on a family cruiser no thanks…

Agreed, I'm full of admiration, but it's also full craziness.

But what is more crazy, this, or that Mads guy... ? This is far more interesting at least.

Got to say that draft is immense and could cause a lot of issues in numerous ports etc. Even though part of me thinks...No way for kids, unsafe cockpit, racing interior...I actually admire their "fuck it and see" attitude. If they can both individually manage the sails on their own, then "good on em"
If not, and it's 40kts and kids flying around the cabin, maybe a bit of "Fuck, this boat's fast, but a bit light annit?"

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Yeah she is straight up awesome, respect to her !

This is Hans Klaar's vessel Ontong Java which is a amazing boat. Self-built polynesian voyaging canoe that has been crossing the Atlantic back and forth for some years now.
Convicted rapist Hans Klaar continues to recruit young girls to sail with him