Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

southerncross

Super Anarchist
^^^ Dylan.  I missed the Bio/About page on Christian Williams.  I found out accidentally that he had been in the Fastnet after watching a video about Ted Turner.

Anyway, he lives nearby.  I've been meaning to look him up for a while.  Maybe go for a hop around the Bay.  Cheers.

IStream

Super Anarchist
Christian is an occasional SA'er and sold his older Ericsen to another SA'er who shall remain nameless. 

So they have changed from buy us a new boat to we will help other cruisers with the money. Pretty open to interpretation so are they going buy the other cruisers a beer and pocket the rest or just keep it and pick up garbage for a day claiming to have saved the island single handed. Nice to see them just walking around gloating about the damage and doing nothing to actually help

https://www.gofundme.com/salvaging-sailing-mischief

"SailingMischief took refuge in Simpson's Bay, St. Maarten during Hurricane Irma. Everything possible was done to secure her for the storm. While SailingMischief was able to survive 185mph winds as the eye of Irma passed over St. Maarten, when the storm resumed a 31'  open console slammed into her and sank her. The devestation on St. Maarten is incredible. While we are determined to continue our journey, we have seen the incredible needs of the other cruisers here who have also lost their boats and all their possessions. We willl use these funds to help as best we can our cruising community."

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
^^^Mark my words she will have no arms and the crabs by Monday....there is a God.

Last edited by a moderator:

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
8 hours ago, dylan winter said:
.....the only films the knockers would have to criticise/despise would be the uber rich man's holiday films ..

Dylan

savoir

Super Anarchist
8 hours ago, dylan winter said:
incidentally - it says on his about page

Description Sailing, cruising. This free channel is not monetized. Suggest use of Adblock Plus.

which is interesting

he does not need the cash to support his sailing - at one point he was drinking wine from his own vinyard I think

One of the good things about the Floggers - excellent word - is that they tend to be more working class

so without patreon the only sailing films we would  have would be the ones made by rich people as opposed to the breast sailors and barry perrins et al

I know that some of you despise the business of asking for money in return for making films....

that is quite understandable

but writing as an ex flogger myself........

without the one per cent of viewers who watch and tap or become patreons the only films the knockers would have to criticise/despise would be the uber rich man's holiday films and the odd sponsored ocean race pro video

now we can click on yutube and see a whole host of people making good films about sailing... some in astonishingly modest boats.

Dylan

That seadog guy has suffered a bit of a brain fart. He sensibly arrived in the far south Caribbean and then decided to head north. His last post was from Martinique but where he is now I don't know.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
the hurricanes have had an interesting impact on the bloggers/floggers

Some, such as Delos, are running a year or so behind reality.... the vagabloggers are about a month behind reality

some of them are pretty close to reality

I think that there is a power to making films and posting them  in almost real time. It helps to make the viewers feel more involved.

However, the quicker the films are made the worse they are.  I think that any material benefits from having some time and thought put into the edit.

A good voice over helps to put the narrative into context.

it is the difference between a reality show and travel documentary.

I hope that my films are more travel documentary than just a record of an unimpressive short journey around a comparatively small island.

I think that if people start watching just to see what happens next or if I am going to die then in some ways I have lost the game. As a video maker once you start feeding that monkey there is no going back.

I hope and expect my films to outlive me

D

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
The Vagamites are apparently heading to the Arctic Circle next summer via the east coast of America. The Nth West Atlantic short handed in a production Mono would not be my cup of tea....in a Cat?..what could go wrong.

savoir

Super Anarchist
This change of plan means they will be sailing around 12,000 miles next year. Chances are they don't realize how much that long a voyage can wear down any boat.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
good on La Vag for going north

I admire their ability and wiillingness to tweak the format.

they are gutsy people but it is time to change

there are and have been way too many white beaches, bars, pig feeding incidents right across the overburdened genre of hot sailing.

Their new cameraman is bloody good at his job and has raised the game on the camerawork and editing so I look forward to seeing his efforts at filming Norway

If they do go north then they will be kissing away two of their  most . important thumbnail assets - the ability to flash the male and female flesh.

I respect their determination and drive

bloody good.

I am now feeling bad about what I said in this little bit of voice over

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I reckon you got an arse fettish thing going there Dylan..maybe I will post a pic of my flat bastard (now I know why old guys prefer braces to belts) to help wean you off it. And yeah the Vagamite camera/editing dude is pretty good and working his ring off I suspect.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
good on La Vag for going north

I admire their ability and wiillingness to tweak the format.

they are gutsy people but it is time to change

there are and have been way too many white beaches, bars, pig feeding incidents right across the overburdened genre of hot sailing.
Agree with you there Dylan except for one significant oversight on your behalf.

They are not sneaking up to the Arctic Circle from Europe in the dead of summer..they are cruising up the east coast of America first then punching NE into the Atlantic to find summer ice blocks.

That is not exactly a tour many do in a crewed expedition rated mono..let alone in a short crewed out of the box multi that is mega powered up at 15k/20k TW.

Chasing ratings over commonsense/no knowledge of boats outside open water trade wind take your gear off sailing experience comes to mind here.

ARumRunner

LaVaga has Jimmy C consulting with them so I assume they will have some good knowledge passed on re: routing and timing.

I do wonder how the fast cruising Cat will fare in near arctic conditions. Most "explorers" of that region choose alloy.

6_vagabond_copyright_eric_b.jpg

Jimmy himself had this beauty made for such work. (Garcia 45)

Aventura-cornell-sailing-Nuuk-Garcia-Yachting-Arctic-Sailing-the-Northwest-Passage-Jimmy-Cornell-Exploration-45-aluminium-boat-greenland-sailing-voilier.jpg

Living in the North myself, and doing a liveaboard during one winter, I can appreciate the value of a well insulated hull to not only stay warm, buy more importantly to cut down on condensation.

Cold Titties about the 6:33 mark

savoir

Super Anarchist
It looks like the cameraman has taken a fancy to that pert little derriere. You can see it featured now in all the dive shots while the titties, real or otherwise, are barely seen.