Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
My man Sail Life has lost alot of weight....
will he ever go sailing in his own boat?

It is amazing that he has come out as a straight man.

we live in a golden age where we can see, hear and follow sailors of all sorts and all proclivities

yet still some gripe about the glorious diversity that appears on our screens for freemans.

D

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
They should stay, help people around and then they would stand a good chance of getting help to refloat and repair their boat relatively cheaply. 
I suspect they had no choice in the matter and were told to get off the island either on board Uncle Sams kerosene canary or swim.

ARumRunner

Seems as though she is comfortable lying for the last 30 seconds....
Agreed, she provides no explanation why they were in the upper Leeward's. She offers that the videos are two months behind. This is irrelevant. Irma was well forecasted  5 days out so even a tub making 75-100 nm per day could have been well south. They made a bad choice for reasons unknown. They come off as ungrateful for being alive and seem very ready to suck at the tit again.

Here is Totems effort to help

http://www.sailingtotem.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-sailing-to-safety-how-you-can-help.html

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
12 hours ago, ARumRunner said:

LaVaga has Jimmy C consulting with them so I assume they will have some good knowledge passed on re: routing and timing.

I do wonder how the fast cruising Cat will fare in near arctic conditions. Most "explorers" of that region choose alloy.

Jimmy himself had this beauty made for such work. (Garcia 45)

Living in the North myself, and doing a liveaboard during one winter, I can appreciate the value of a well insulated hull to not only stay warm, buy more importantly to cut down on condensation.

Cold Titties about the 6:33 mark

I suspect this little ice box venture is going to have a pretty substantial support platform that you will never hear about in the vids. In the past they have freaked out when it hit 30k true in a mono so I hope they have a good therapist on call.

Last edited by a moderator:

hdra

Anarchist
We were up in West Greenland this summer and think that the cruising boat fleet (of 6) that we met was split pretty evenly between metal and plastic - all monohulls though.  I know a number of glass boats that we met went on to transit the NW passage, so while a bit more nervous than perhaps it would be in a metal boat, mucking about in ice with a glass boat is very do-able.  Bob Shepton & Dodo's Delight ( a westerly something-or-other) have spent more time in Greenland than most other people have spent sailing, and made some cool videos too -think saw one linked earlier in the thread.  That being said, we had wonderful weather, and while West Greenland is pretty calm on the whole, the Canadian arctic and East Greenland are less so.  We only saw force 7 twice (once in a snow storm), but think one of the big things for the vagabonds is going to be their ability to carry diesel (lots of glass calms) and ability to learn how to deal with sailing in mildly sporting conditions.  Will probably be an interesting set of episodes...

Has anyone else noticed "Sailing Big Easy"?  They just started and I had high hopes, as it was shaping up to be an inside look into what really happens to all of those rotting crap-piles that seem to infest Florida's waterways - episode 1 was a great start with long tows, dinghy distruction, and boat abandonment, but they ended up docked in Okechobee to refit so  suspect that Irma may have ended it...

LB 15

Cunt
We were up in West Greenland this summer and think that the cruising boat fleet (of 6) that we met was split pretty evenly between metal and plastic - all monohulls though.  I know a number of glass boats that we met went on to transit the NW passage, so while a bit more nervous than perhaps it would be in a metal boat, mucking about in ice with a glass boat is very do-able.  Bob Shepton & Dodo's Delight ( a westerly something-or-other) have spent more time in Greenland than most other people have spent sailing, and made some cool videos too -think saw one linked earlier in the thread.  That being said, we had wonderful weather, and while West Greenland is pretty calm on the whole, the Canadian arctic and East Greenland are less so.  We only saw force 7 twice (once in a snow storm), but think one of the big things for the vagabonds is going to be their ability to carry diesel (lots of glass calms) and ability to learn how to deal with sailing in mildly sporting conditions.  Will probably be an interesting set of episodes...

Has anyone else noticed "Sailing Big Easy"?  They just started and I had high hopes, as it was shaping up to be an inside look into what really happens to all of those rotting crap-piles that seem to infest Florida's waterways - episode 1 was a great start with long tows, dinghy distruction, and boat abandonment, but they ended up docked in Okechobee to refit so  suspect that Irma may have ended it...
Brent Swain would go.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Brent Swain would go.
But since in over 10 years he never managed to work a digital camera, I can't see him mastering a moving picture device. Let alone figuring out how to post anything online.

The Emerald Steel couple have posted some nice scenery stuff from Brent's supposed stamping grounds.

FKT

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
big easy sailing

two dogs..... one a doberman....

aaagh!

the production values show how good la vag and delos are