Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

KC375

Super Anarchist
Northern Hemisphere
By who?

If they help around, the locals would be silly to kick them out.
In Turks and Caicos not only were they not kicking people out...they refused to let them leave!

Air Canada flew in 58 electricians on Sunday. Air Canada understood they would be able to use the return flight to evacuate 95 Canadians but Turks and Caicos authorities refused to allow them to board. The evacuation is now scheduled for today - two unnecessary days with an extra hundred people in discomfort and putting additional strain on limited facilities in Turks and Caicos.

Not really how you encourage additional aid in time of need.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/turks-caicos-canada-evacuation-global-affairs-1.4283514

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I suspect they had no choice in the matter and were told to get off the island either on board Uncle Sams kerosene canary or swim.

By who?

If they help around, the locals would be silly to kick them out.
Try government. This small place has a population of 40k and limited resources now that can only deal with a fraction of that let alone visitors with little more than the clothes on their back.

Last edited by a moderator:

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
jack is correct

I assume that the best thing to do is to get as many of the resource hungry, delicate stomached, bottle water glugging softhanded rich western accountants/dentists/advertising exec westerners out of there as soon as possible

If they were plumbers, electricians, jcb drivers they might be of some use.

So the best thing they can do to help the locals is to get a govt supplied air bus out of there and then start sending money back.

Of course, who pays to clear up the mess of yachts that fill the lee shore of every hurricane hole I do not know.

D

alphafb552

Super Anarchist
Fryslan boppe!
As long as there are still rich tourists to be evacuated, there will be boats and planes coming in carrying emergency supplies.  Once all of 'our' people are safely home, that supply will rapidly dry out - we'll just stop giving a shit and leave the locals to fend for themselves...

No wonder some local authorities are slowing down the evacuations

Sorry for being cynical...

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Evidence?
The video they posted from Puerto Rico saying they were forced to leave and pay their way back home. That includes the air transport cost of the military extraction plane to Puerto Rico and hotel accommodations at $120 a day for as many days as it takes to get them on a flight stateside. They were taken to a shelter in PR and clothes were distributed as they were only allowed one bag and chose to take their electronic devices.

There's the evidence Pano, it was posted yesterday. You make it sound like people here make shit up that they need to prove to you at your request :(

P.S. Other videos of the islands show tourists abandoned by their governments and hiding from armed looters in a bathroom etc in fear of their lives as racial tensions are high right now. I read that on Yahoo news this morning if you want to check for yourself...

savoir

Super Anarchist
8 hours ago, dylan winter said:

big easy sailing

two dogs..... one a doberman....

aaagh!

the production values show how good la vag and delos are

These people are proof of that old cliche - " If it looks too good to be true then it probably is "

All that boat of theirs is good for is being a cheap dock queen.  They are at the start of several heartbreaking and expensive years of boat rebuilding.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
it is amazing that they were prepared to leave the boat at anchor and fly 2000 miles away

I worry about mine if I go to the pub for the night

D

savoir

Super Anarchist
They would not have understood what it means to leave a boat at anchor in bad weather.

Similarly, they did not understand that a roll up inflatable can't handle towing something that big. No wonder it fell apart. The solution would have been to buy an outboard mount and bolt it to the transom. A 5hp could push that thing along at 4 knots. 

That's impressive for a 3ksb.

LB 15

Cunt
The video they posted from Puerto Rico saying they were forced to leave and pay their way back home. That includes the air transport cost of the military extraction plane to Puerto Rico and hotel accommodations at $120 a day for as many days as it takes to get them on a flight stateside. They were taken to a shelter in PR and clothes were distributed as they were only allowed one bag and chose to take their electronic devices.

There's the evidence Pano, it was posted yesterday. You make it sound like people here make shit up that they need to prove to you at your request :(

P.S. Other videos of the islands show tourists abandoned by their governments and hiding from armed looters in a bathroom etc in fear of their lives as racial tensions are high right now. I read that on Yahoo news this morning if you want to check for yourself...
Don't be to harsh on poor old Pano. I think his frequent bouts of bad temper are due to constipation. All that cheese...

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
....There's the evidence Pano, it was posted yesterday. You make it sound like people here make shit up that they need to prove to you at your request :(

And in the proof department he is a blog from Alex who also lost his Amel 53 tied up in St Maartin and which has been his home for nearly 5 years.

The situation has terribly degraded.
People are stealing anything. I took pictures of 20 to 25 people breaking in Blue Point electronic to steal anything they could. They saw me taking pictures I feared for my life and biked away.
I saw hundred of people robbing the grocery store Carrefour.
Many people have become ruthless and savages.
Bobby’s Boatyard did well, most boats safe.
Port de Plaisance marina is devastated, catamaran flipped over, monohull sink.
The hotel 50kw generator is running low on diesel, I went with an employee to NIKIMAT and dove to open the lazaret, 4 out of my 5 Jerry Cans floated (I assume the diesel is good), couldn’t find the 5th one, probably puncture.
The hotel sewer tanks are almost full and about to overflow in the street.
I bought the last water bottles at the grocery store next to my hotel, I am good for several weeks.
Rarely I get internet connection
Army and police are doing their best, but they are very nervous and not enough of them, people still walk at night to try to rob buildings.
This has become a 3rd World Country.
I am more afraid of the people than the Hurricane.

So Pano fuck off...you are needed back at work at the White Flag factory.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
2legs has been here for quite a while, IMHO contributing an interesting perspective without raising a fuss, suddenly Brent is gone and everyone's looking for a new target. Sure she has a different sense of humour, she's female and Irish. I can appreciate it without being threatened by it. I think the crowd needs to back off a bit here and re-evaluate this sudden howling for new blood. 
I didn't know, nor do I care if she is female. We are an equal oppitunity community here and so is she/he wants to act like a dick she gets called a dick. Or a cunt as the case may be. Which appears to have had a lot of sand in it of late.
I had no idea 2legs was female. Go figure.

ARumRunner

I suspect this little ice box venture is going to have a pretty substantial support platform that you will never hear about in the vids. In the past they have freaked out when it hit 30k true in a mono so I hope they have a good therapist on call.
Good point, maximizing that promo investment.

The recent vid has Riley RIPP'n along comfortably at 17/18 kts with bursts north of 20. Yuppp

The rig be a humm'n man. Please put on a PFD and tether - forfucksakes

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I suspect this little ice box venture is going to have a pretty substantial support platform that you will never hear about in the vids. In the past they have freaked out when it hit 30k true in a mono so I hope they have a good therapist on call.

Good point, maximizing that promo investment.

The recent vid has Riley RIPP'n along comfortably at 17/18 kts with bursts north of 20. Yuppp

The rig be a humm'n man. Please put on a PFD and tether - forfucksakes
In their tips on sailing around the world Riley turned his nose up at all the safety stuff other cruisers carried saying it weighed a tonne and they were quite happy with just a Liferaft and an EPIRB. They must have carried a pidgeon for long distance comms when away from free wi-fi.

Their handlers for this arctic excursion might have to educate them in the "what happens when it goes pear shaped" department.

Latest posts