Go Fund Me has been set up for Hobot - please donate.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Hey Boomer, maybe you can put this on the SA forum, that gets many more views than here at GA I would think.  I would do it but you are leading the charge and I don't want to step on your toes as it were.

Also maybe you can PM Scot and he can put a blurb and a link on the mythical Front Page.  I've heard that some people here have actually found it.

The more exposure the better.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Good idea Ed - I'll reach out to Scot, too.

SA won't let me like any more posts. Must have to wait 24 hours.

Thanks for all the continued donations through the night, your kindness shows through your generosity.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit

Thanks for all the continued donations through the night, your kindness shows through your generosity.
Hobot is 'one of us' or none of us are worthy.  I'm excited that there is $5K in the till and will be downright giddy if it hits ten.  I did give blood yesterday and compared to getting the vax, it was a pain in the ass.  But I will do it again in 6 weeks, again with Hobot in mind.   I don't know how to put this, but the gofund page shows someone who  I'm guessing is younger than me, that hits home.  Please help if you can.   

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit

Boomer, you are a rock star in my book!  Ed, you're at least a lead guitarist  who gets the groupies (and attendant std's).

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Hobot is 'one of us' or none of us are worthy.  I'm excited that there is $5K in the till and will be downright giddy if it hits ten.  I did give blood yesterday and compared to getting the vax, it was a pain in the ass.  But I will do it again in 6 weeks, again with Hobot in mind.   I don't know how to put this, but the gofund page shows someone who  I'm guessing is younger than me, that hits home.  Please help if you can.   
Quite generous donating blood during this pandemic, when blood banks can use every blood donation they get and as we've seen the use of in this thread. I know several SAers who even before the pandemic, made a habit of donating blood regularly. It's been a while for me, too, and a good reminder to donate.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Quite generous donating blood during this pandemic, when blood banks can use every blood donation they get and as we've seen the use of in this thread. I know several SAers who even before the pandemic, made a habit of donating blood regularly. It's been a while for me, too, and a good reminder to donate.
I'm O- and am ashamed I haven't donated recently.  I recently bought this cool little device off Amazon (of course), it does an ECG, heart rate, and blood pressure.  I was worried each metric would be off the charts,  ECG was reported as normal. Resting pulse at 60, BP 120/80.  I'm very lucky.

I miss Hobot, he added quantity and more importantly quality to this site!

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Boomer, you are a rock star in my book!  Ed, you're at least a lead guitarist  who gets the groupies (and attendant std's).
Aw shucks thanks.  My bit pales compared to Boomer's work here.

I might be a crusty, cynical old bastard with a bit of a temper but when it comes to people in need, I am in my element.  I get no greater joy from anything in life than helping people out.  And there are plenty of good antibiotics for the STDs nowadays as long as you get them early enough.  

We might be a varied assortment of miscreants here but in my experience in the time I've been a member, people are always willing to do whatever they can to help out another anarchist.  It's kind of like, "He might be a bastard, but he's our bastard dammit." (Substitute she if you wish, I'm no sexist, it's just that we have far more men here.)  Warms my old scarred heart it does.

BTW, those numbers on your pulse, BP and such are pretty darn good for an oldish guy, keep it up.  I wouldn't put much stock in the ECG, even a 12 lead in the hospital can give a wonky reading if the leads aren't place correctly.  But if something were really, really wrong, it would probably pick it up and warn you.