Going back to Cali....

sheethead

Branford CT
Getting to escape the hell that is New England for a few days to sunny SoCal courtesy of the company. I should be there April 4 - 7, staying somwhere near the bay. I haven't been to SD since 1986! Where do i find a dinghy to sail? Good Mexican food,loose wemon, cheap drinks?

Woody, help a brother out!

sumpin

Super Anarchist
San Miguel
wood has the full lock down on the wemon. while they are short in stature they make up for it with interesting circus tricks, turn one over and you have a multipurpose holder of almost anything you can imagine. just hold your nose cause they no smell so nice

some dude

Super Anarchist
wood has the full lock down on the wemon. while they are short in stature they make up for it with interesting circus tricks, turn one over and you have a multipurpose holder of almost anything you can imagine. just hold your nose cause they no smell so nice
+1. Or lurk around the boatyard at SDYC. Bar is nice too. Cougars out of your price range. Get a burrito (and 3 rolled tacos w/guacamole) at Roberto'sOr-all of the above available in Tijuana

Getting to escape the hell that is New England for a few days to sunny SoCal courtesy of the company. I should be there April 4 - 7, staying somwhere near the bay. I haven't been to SD since 1986! Where do i find a dinghy to sail? Good Mexican food,loose wemon, cheap drinks?

There are two bays - San Diego Bay and Mission Bay.

The main bay includes downtown, the two 'islands' (shelter island is the cool one), plus Coronado which also isn't really an island.

Mission bay is the playground, with beach babes and stuff. PB is like a nonstop frat party without the college. Half of it is for motorboats, the other half for sailboats; smooth water and (sometimes) good ocean breeze. See if you can talk your way into Mission Bay Acquatic center (education credentials helps), they rent a wide range of dinghys for cheap. Otherwise look up Seaforth; they have locations at Mission Bay, Downtown, Harbor Island and Coronado. The Capri 22's are a good choice for a daysail on the big bay.

I can't help you with the wimmenz... Heck, I can't help myself.

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
The Border Run from Newport to San Diego is that weekend.

Fun 12-hour (plus or minus) race.

Roberto's fast-food small Mexican restaurants are all over the place down there. Much better food than most larger more expensive places.

A trip up the hill to Old Town is fun enough and there are some tasty sit-down restaurants up there.

I day at Balboa Park is worthwhile. A dozen museums there including Air and Space Museum and a very fine Model Railroad Museum.

Parma

Super Anarchist
here

San Diego is not there anymore. It moved to Carlsbad a while back.

Last edited by a moderator:

INTER 20

San Diego is one of the best places to sail on the entire planet. The problem is that the one day a year that it actually blows over 18knots, it isn't on a race day. If by chance it was, they wouldn't go out. More than likely they'd sail around in the safety of the harbor and call it a regatta.

some dude

Super Anarchist
San Diego is one of the best places to sail on the entire planet. The problem is that the one day a year that it actually blows over 18knots, it isn't on a race day. If by chance it was, they wouldn't go out. More than likely they'd sail around in the safety of the harbor and call it a regatta.
what's your favorite part-the kelp, or the 2 hour transit to the race course?

sheethead

Branford CT
Here now, planning on lurking around SDYC later today, so if you see a pasty white dude walking around checking out your wemonz or boat, that's prolly me!