GoLytely / Trilytely Anarchy

Which Flavor Pack si the least foul-tasting?

• Cherry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Citrus Berry

• Lemon Lime

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Orange

• Pineapple

• Total voters

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
Ah yes, it's that's time. Preparing for another 'scoping. It's been about 5 years; time to get anally violated by professionals again.

The night before, I get to drink 4 liters of that vile fluid that makes you pee out of your butt. They give you a choice of flavor packets. Which is the least vile?

[_] Cherry.

[_] Citrus Berry.

[_] Lemon Lime.

[_] Orange.

[_] Pineapple.

paid_to_touch_your_junk_500px.png

Death Roll

Super Anarchist
When I read the thread title I assumed that Tri-lytely was some kind of energy gel specifically formulated for triathlons to which I would have replied that the Raspberry flavored Clif Gel is good enough to spread on toast.

Boy was I wrong.

MisterMoon

Super Anarchist
There is a type that only takes two liters. If you can get the doc to prescribe that, it's way better than that 4 liters of shit you have drink. I had the pleasure of doing it twice in one week earlier this year. The first time was a 4 liter treatment prescribed by the gastrointerolgist, the second was the 2 liter type by the colon surgeon.

LostDaggerboard

Super Anarchist
I don't know from experience, but I'll help you narrow it down the same way I narrow down flavored vodkas.

[_] Cherry. - Artificial as fuck. Your expectation will be Kool-Aid, but it'll be watered-down Robitussin.

[_] Citrus Berry. - Every mix lemons and strawberries on purpose? Pass.

[_] Lemon Lime. - Easy no-brainer, because at least you can chase it with lemon-lime Gatorade.

[_] Orange. - See Cherry. Probably won't be that bad, chase with OJ.

[_] Pineapple. - Easy no-brainer; pass.

MoeAlfa

Super Anarchist
I didn't eat for a week after my scopage (pronounced like "garage"). I just couldn't bear to poo up my colon after all that work cleaning it. I say go citrusy stuff, for no real reason.

Somebody Else

PNW
Yep, I'm thinking lemon lime.

Done this before. Drinking this crap is the worst part of the procedure.

The drugs they give you during the 'scoping pretty much make it so you don't care WTF they are doing to you.

At all.

It reminds me of those whacked-out cleansing schemes they try to sell you where you see pictures of what comes out. I'm not going to post the pictures but if you GIS colon cleanse you will see. They tell you all dramatic: "THIS IS WHAT HAS BEEN INSIDE YOU!!!"

No, it's the stuff you consumed as part of your cleansing diet. :rolleyes:

President Eisenhowler

Super Anarchist
I split my gallon bottle in half -- half I mixed with the lemon/lime, and half I left unflavored, and I alternated between the two. The unflavored is kind of salty - mineraly tasting, but I found it easier to choke down than the artificially flavored crap. Ice cold is key.

[edited to add: And the prep is by far the worst part. Moe's experience notwithstanding, I was ripping into a lox & bagel sandwich about 30 minutes after walking out the door. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

gina

Super Anarchist
There is another thread here somewhere about this that was pretty amusing...I'm too lazy to search, but I do remember someone posting something about being able to piss through the eye of a needle at 50 yards :p

And do remember, dear, that beer and wine are considered clear liquids :)

Timo42

Super Anarchist
I didn't eat for a week after my scopage (pronounced like "garage"). I just couldn't bear to poo up my colon after all that work cleaning it. I say go citrusy stuff, for no real reason.

Wasn't it nice to be able, upon being told that you were full of shit, to say with absolute conviction, "No,... I'm not." :p

President Eisenhowler

Super Anarchist

Wasn't it nice to be able, upon being told that you were full of shit, to say with absolute conviction, "No,... I'm not." :p
And, after reading through the entire prep instructions, I realized that the entire preparation reduced to this single command: "Blow it out your ass!"

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
I forget which flavor (yeah, right) I had, but that was among the nastiest stuff I ever had to drink..and mass quantities at that. At one point I thought I was going to do full duplex emitting from both ends it tasted so vile. The worst part of the experience though, was showing up for the sewer cam after the prep, and having the front desk tell me I wasn't on the schedule. Someone had, unbeknown to me canceled my appointment, and no one ever said anything. They did fit me in (pun intended).

Vgree

Super Anarchist
OKC, Oklahoma
Ask the Dr for "Halflightly" it is the 2 liter version of the stuff. Just half as much to drink. But if you go with "golightly" or however you spell it ask for the lemon lime, that is usually what we suggest to patients at the pharmacy.

go

Somebody Else

PNW
The worst part of the experience though, was showing up for the sewer cam after the prep, and having the front desk tell me I wasn't on the schedule. Someone had, unbeknown to me canceled my appointment, and no one ever said anything. They did fit me in (pun intended).
my response: "Are you shittin' me??!!!!" :angry:

Plus: LOL at "sewer cam"!
lol-guy_211x240.png
lol_rigate.jpg