Good LED Tri-Colour / Anchor Light

MiddayGun

Super Anarchist
Yorkshire
Does anyone have any recommendation on a good LED tri-colour light? 
Anchor light built in would be nice, but entirely optional.

Previously I just had one of these with an LED bulb in, but it's been damaged in the yard & needs replacing, plus the wiring is a pain because its switched on the negative side with a common positive. 
20200717_112845.jpg

Not that NASA POS, I had it on my last boat, and it gave up after 2 months>
Most of them just say 2nm miles sometimes 3nm, which only just meet the colregs, I'm ideally looking for something that exceeds that as most yacht navigation lights are painfully difficult to make out. 

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
We have AquaSignal 34 tri+anchor up there. Seems like a durable lamp. The anchor light is iffy for the intended purpose. However it satisfies the rules while serving as a backup for the R/G lamps — at least there is something remaining to turn on up there. 

Ultraman

Anarchist
Vancouver
I got one of these (without the Anchor light).  https://www.lalizas.com/product/8-sailing-boat/167-led-navigation-lights/6059-fos-led-12-tricolor-anchor-light

Seems to be good quality and a fraction of the size/weight/cost of the Aqua Signal product.  The rest of my nav lights are Aqua Signal and work great, but I returned the masthead tri-light because it was HUGE and heavy... Couldn't justify sticking that much weight on the top of a 60 foot carbon mast...

Lalizas is Greek and makes some interesting products.

MiddayGun

Super Anarchist
Yorkshire
Cheers, those Lalizas ones look quite interesting, the marine beam one looks great, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the push button multiple times to choose the node. 

Plumbean

+1 for the Lunasea.  Had one for more than 5 years now and going strong.  I like having the spike on top to help keep the Osprey's off the top of the mast.

IIRC, it needs 3 wires in order to have full functionality, including the strobe.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanA.

Anarchist
Amsterdam
I recently installed one of these and like it. Only trouble is that it's "reassuringly" expensive

https://www.mantagua.fr/mast-head-light-with-foot-2nm-horizontal-tricolor-anchor-xml-729_848_939_892-2891.html
I'm installing one of these as well on my new mast except i've gone without the 360 deg anchor light option to save a little weight. These typically are the standard supply for similar sized rigs from a certain mast manufacturer over here. Mainly due to the lack of warranties or issues with them throughout the years.

LOPO would be a cost upgrade option though I've seen more than a few of them fizz out within the warranty period, but they are sleek looking...

MiddayGun

Super Anarchist
Yorkshire
LOPO would be a cost upgrade option though I've seen more than a few of them fizz out within the warranty period, but they are sleek looking...
We had them on the CTV.
Forever burning out, despite fitting a DC-DC converter to try and stop it. 

Naturally Southboats had placed the fasteners for removing it behind an impossible to remove loom. 

IanA.

Anarchist
Amsterdam
We had them on the CTV.
Forever burning out, despite fitting a DC-DC converter to try and stop it. 

Naturally Southboats had placed the fasteners for removing it behind an impossible to remove loom. 
Such a bummer since they look the part but can't seem to survive very long... Have seen/dealt with more than a few warranty claims on new superyacht rigs because the LOPOs fizzed and popped. Sadly not many great alternatives that look as sleek.