Goya Foods - Robert Unanue

Mid

Super Anarchist
Goya Foods: Hispanic brand faces boycott for praising Trump

10 July 2020

On Thursday, Robert Unanue, the CEO of Goya Foods, attended an event at the White House where President Trump signed the Hispanic Prosperity Initiative, which was described as an effort to improve access to educational and economic opportunities.

Mr Unanue praised the president at the event, saying: "We're all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53371392

Mid

Super Anarchist
§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Damn, I liked their frijoles refritas 

No Mas !!

large_01f9f0db-888f-4a40-a9eb-68bed5c9ff05.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me

No Mas !!

large_01f9f0db-888f-4a40-a9eb-68bed5c9ff05.png
When I'm near an oven large enough and have access appropriate pans, I used Goya's adobo spice and sour orange juice to make a kick-ass pernil.

Not something I can do on the boat though, especially since it literally cooks all day (too much propane), the oven barely fits a small chicken, and you have to have this giant-ass pork shoulder in the fridge marinating over night.

But every time I visit my parents I try to make one.

No mas.

I follow this general recipe. Just have to use a clone, substitute, or replacement from somewhere else. The sour orange is hard to find anyway.

http://www.weareneverfull.com/low-and-slow-even-more-succulent-pernil-but-only-if-you-have-the-time/

P.S. - if you pull the rind off in the last half an hour you can make killer ciccarones with it.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I think it's really cute and sweet that so many good Americans have found the ethnic foods section in the grocery.  Out of courtesy all items should be on the upper shelves so no kneeling is required.

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Ask the average Joe on the street what they think about Goya foods... surprisingly, they'll have no clue who they are and could care less...   Ask the average Jose' different story, and they'll support the brand...  its a Hispanic thing.

Another faux social justice warrior outrage

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda

No Mas !!
So I'm having a tough time here.  See if you can help me.

Goya dude kisses Trump's ass while sitting less than 6' from Chief Anti-Masker. 

People, like you, express their distaste for Orange Nosing by boycotting Goya dude's products, utilizing their right to free speech.

Goya dude says this is unfair because Orange Nosing is an expression of free speech.

So here's where I'm lost - which one is free speech? 

A ) Sticking your nose up Trump's ass?
or
 B ) boycotting the company owned by the guy who stuck his nose up Trump's ass?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
So I'm having a tough time here.  See if you can help me.

Goya dude kisses Trump's ass while sitting less than 6' from Chief Anti-Masker. 

People, like you, express their distaste for Orange Nosing by boycotting Goya dude's products, utilizing their right to free speech.

Goya dude says this is unfair because Orange Nosing is an expression of free speech.

or
Owning the libs. They are The Enemy. 

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit

or
Compromise, stick a can of Goya frijoles negros up Trump's ass.  If they have a family or party size, even the better.