Goya Foods - Robert Unanue

jhc

Super Anarchist
So I'm having a tough time here.  See if you can help me.

Goya dude kisses Trump's ass while sitting less than 6' from Chief Anti-Masker. 

People, like you, express their distaste for Orange Nosing by boycotting Goya dude's products, utilizing their right to free speech.

Goya dude says this is unfair because Orange Nosing is an expression of free speech.

So here's where I'm lost - which one is free speech? 

A ) Sticking your nose up Trump's ass?
or
 B ) boycotting the company owned by the guy who stuck his nose up Trump's ass?
Both. It's called civil discourse.

"Goya Dude" is expressing his desire to kiss trump's ass is greater than selling beans to enlightened americans.

While "People", enlightened americans, are expressing their distaste for ass licking.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
Should we be burning cans of Goya food like the righties burned their Nikes? Asking for a friend.
Well, just heat them up a bit, topped with some onions and a sprinkle of cheddar and hot sauce.  If you burn them the pan is difficult to clean.

Mike G

Super Anarchist
Ventura County, CA
Wow, I just had a thought... do you suppose that's why he was wearing that tan suit???

- DSK
Seriously.

The President of the United States of America, putting a brand of food on his desk to get people to purchase more, because that brand

said good things about him.

A cheap, horrifying, embarrassing, disgraceful advertisement. 

THIS is what we've come to as a country.

You fucks, and you know who you are, should be embarrassed.

Bus Driver

Cunning Linguist
Not just Ivanka. From his Instagram feed. 

54219B99-5336-4BE7-92DA-65B39566B855.jpeg

Would one of the Faithful please remind us of the times President Obama did this?  Thanks in advance. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Gone Drinking

Super Anarchist
Unanue argued that there was a double standard in people’s reaction to his praise for Trump versus his association with other presidents. He cited his invitation from the former first lady Michelle Obama in 2012 for a Florida event promoting her Let’s Move! healthy-eating initiative.

“Goya is utilizing their incredible reach into communities across the country to get this helpful information to the hand of parents,” Michelle Obama said at the time. “Everything that Goya is doing – from the MiPlato posters and pamphlets to cookbooks and recipes – center around the idea that we parents can make simple changes to help their children lead healthier lives.”

The Goya Foods company was also recognized by former president Barack Obama in 2011 “for its continued success and commitment to the Hispanic community, the only company to ever be honored by the President,” according to their site

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
A president isn't listed in the Hatch Act, White House employees are.

"Government ethics experts across the nation are denouncing Ivanka Trump’s late-night endorsement of Goya Foods as a violation of law – and ethics – especially as it comes just days after the company’s CEO appeared on national television in the Rose Garden of the White House to praise President Donald Trump. 

“If it’s Goya, it has to be good,” the First Daughter and Senior Advisor to the President tweeted Tuesday night, with the statement repeated in Spanish. In her tweet Ivanka Trump is displaying a can of Goya black beans by holding it with her right hand and suggestively motioning to it with her left, as many do when endorsing a product. 

Ms. Trump’s Goya tweet is clearly a violation of the government’s misuse of position regulation, 5 C.F.R. § 2635.702. Ms. Trump has had ethics training. She knows better. But she did it anyway because no one in this administration cares about government ethics,” Shaub says."

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/experts-ivanka-trumps-endorsement-of-goya-foods-puts-her-in-serious-legal-trouble/

Ivanka Trump

@IvankaTrump

If it’s Goya, it has to be good. Si es Goya, tiene que ser bueno.

7:05 PM · Jul 14, 2020

92.8K people are Tweeting about this

Last edited by a moderator:

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Seriously.

The President of the United States of America, putting a brand of food on his desk to get people to purchase more, because that brand

said good things about him.

A cheap, horrifying, embarrassing, disgraceful advertisement. 

THIS is what we've come to as a country.

You fucks, and you know who you are, should be embarrassed.
Also illegal. Not that that stops a Trump.

Dog

Super Anarchist
Spanked?  Give me a fucking break.

You provide an "example" of President Obama doing something not even remotely the same as loading his desk with products from a company whose CEO openly praises him as if it were comparable.  
Do you need me to explain how they are alike?