dylan winter

Super Anarchist
LG  seems reasonable here on high court

And talking about Ukraine he wants to support Biden

Splitting from trump on pardons too

What is he up to?

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Graham is covering his ass because he knows TFG is going flaming down the tubes very soon!!!!
I hope you are correct.

If trump gets out of this then he is even more slippery than a well greased pig

A term used to describe our own uk experiment with a fibber for leader.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Graham isn’t going against Trump on this one, well not really.

Lindsey is going against FOX News setting the GOP foreign policy as well as domestic agenda.

Hes drawing a line in the sand.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth

Lindsey is going against FOX News setting the GOP foreign policy as well as domestic agenda.

Yup. He’s also trying to look reasonable for the grand jury in Georgia that’s going to be looking into his phone call(s) about flipping votes. 

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
The pathetic thing??

Tye fucking scumbag media whores are manipulating the ratings whites and the combination causes people who vote purely on name recognition to put the media whites in office and / or in charge. 

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

Which he will forget all about, and return to kissing the ass of whoever is proven to have the most power.

Yup. He’s also trying to look reasonable for the grand jury in Georgia that’s going to be looking into his phone call(s) about flipping votes. 
Remember, the real craziness was over a year ago. Ancient history! Doesn't matter! Look how nice and reasonable and mainstream and respectable and rationally conservative he is, now!

I used to have some respect for Lindsey, as one of the few South Carolina politicians that wasn't a segregationist. Now I think he's just a power-hungry suck-up.

- DSK

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
It's clear that Trump is beginning to panic. If you saw all the twitter video of his rally you would see it.  If you want real entertainment, watch him come undone when they begin public hearings, and indictments begin. 

As for Graham, he will be the first finger pointer that claims "I told you so."

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
My head was spinning when I saw LG supporting the nominee. It's just me, I had to go to PA, to find some deeper understanding of the situation.

Setting Lindsay aside, I see that certain sharp guys think that Trump is down the river already.  I have HOPED he is doomed... and I recognize that he should be, x3. But for me, the political scene is a madhouse of mirrors right now, with a fissured floor, filled with freaky, ominous music. 

We shall overcome. Or not.

But don't swamp the boat. I feel bitter (and cynical) that Trump become an actor just as global warming and microbiology acted up, simultaneously.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
I actually heard him live. He sounded quite reasonable and his explanation of why a having a Black woman on the Supreme Court was not affirmative action because making the Court look like the country was a very valid selection criteria for judges as long as they were well qualified was one of the better explanations of how diversity and AA are not the same thing I have ever heard.

He did stray back into the weeds when he compared Kamela Harris allegedly raising bail money for people who attacked cops to Trump offering to pardon the 1/6 criminals. (Snopes says this is mostly bullshit anyway)

Her was fully back in the ditch when he said the 1/6 committee was a partisan plot to discredit Trump. The sad thing is he does not sound stupid, I think he is fully aware of what he is doing, he just has the backbone of a jellyfish.

sail611

Also of note, anyone stating that a black woman being appointed to the supreme court is "Affirmative Action" and that supreme court appointees should be considered solely on merit implies something.  The implication there is that there are no black females qualified to hold a seat on the court.  (This is of course false.  Hell, even LG stated that he was sure there were black females qualified to hold a seat on the court)

In other words, racists saying racist shit, but trying not to sound racist by engaging in false logic.  

YCMTSU

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
Also of note, anyone stating that a black woman being appointed to the supreme court is "Affirmative Action" and that supreme court appointees should be considered solely on merit implies something.  The implication there is that there are no black females qualified to hold a seat on the court.  (This is of course false.  Hell, even LG stated that he was sure there were black females qualified to hold a seat on the court)

In other words, racists saying racist shit, but trying not to sound racist by engaging in false logic.  

YCMTSU
It also implies there is some transparent objective grading system for candidates like say law school GPA or shoe size. There is NOTHING like that whatsoever. As for Miss L,  one of the proposed candidates is from his home state. He would probably love to get some home-town credit for putting a homegirl up to the majors.

Last edited by a moderator:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Good to see LG taking a firm stand much like all of his other firm stands which try to cover all the possible bases at the same time.  graphic illustration

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
And here comes the former guy lashing out

will graham cower again or stick his tongue out.

Mark K

Super Anarchist
Lindsey's spine died with John McCain. His opinions now can't withstand a disapproving remark from a house cat.   

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
On 1/31/2022 at 2:29 AM, dylan winter said:

LG  seems reasonable here on high court

And talking about Ukraine he wants to support Biden

Splitting from trump on pardons too

What is he up to?

Not sure why anyone is surprised.  There is no upside for the GOP to opposing this nominee.  I predicted this when Breyer first announced his retirement.