Greta

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Honestly, her disability....is she somewhere on the Aspbergers continuum....it's probably doing her good.  She says what she means,  right in peoples face and doesn't really "get" that  they might not like it.  She's somewhat unable to waffle....she doesn't have have the empathy for it.   So...too f'ing bad.

All the Trump supporters who just LOVE HIM  supposedly because he "tells it like it is"...should ADORE Greta, because that's exactly what she does. 
She says, in her own blunt way, that she has Asberger's Syndrome on the autism continuum and that it is "her superpower".  Somewhat ironically, she also says that public speaking is very difficult for her and that her disability helps her focus on "having to do it".  

But walking into a congressional hearing at 16 and saying "I do not have prepared remarks" and "I don't want you to listen to me" is a pretty remarkable bit of attention grabbing way of channeling her "furious"ness.  

It must drive the coal-burning, oil-pumping denialists nuts having somebody so tiny make their heads explode.  LOL

EEsWPKUXUAEGku7.jpeg

Lets not be so ham-fisted....

Actually, I never did say I was supporting doing nothing in the US, in fact i commended her for getting people out in NYC.

As someone that travels to India/China several times a year, i wanted to unpack some issues behind the red pie section of the chart....

- Number of people per square mile is 30-50 in the US, 300-500 in China (It think this is right based on last time i had to present this)

- Population in US  325M Population in China is 1,325M

- Our GDP per individual is 7X

- However China per capita CDE is half of a that of the US

- As a developing nation if the CDE per capita even creeps up half way (with the increase in GDP) to that of the US EU, UAE and others, that 2X number will go up exponentially.... So dont make assumptions as to my intent, I was simply asking when she was meeting with the China leadership. 

Finally, just because the US petitioned to leave PA, doesn't mean we can walk away, we have a contractual agreement through November 2020 and who knows what will happen then.

Back to ACA where I can focus on sailing and not my RL work.

Alan H

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
OK, Left Shift.... do you think she'd get better results if she were prettier, and came prepared with notes on what to say?  If she smiled at the congressmen and congresswomen and was polite and respectful, do you think she would get better results?  Would all us fat old farts on Sailing Anarchy be talking about her, and the issue, if she were all those things? Would action suddenly happen if she was less of what you don't like and more of what you do like?

See, personally, I don't care what she looks like. I don't care if she's awkward.  She actually has a very simple message, she's said it a lot and I don't think she really needs notes to be able to say it again.  The message is this:

There's a problem.
YOU people (congress - "adults")  have the resources to work on solving this problem.  Us kids, don't.

Would you  get your shit together and DO SOMETHING? ...'cause you're not.

I mean, basically, that's her message.  It's not terribly complicated. The other thing is, goddamn but people might hate her, they might love her.  People might throw around tired words and phrases  like "radical left" and "right wingers"  and "circle jerk" but honestly, I for one don't care.   People might make dumb jokes about kids giving up cell phones and self-absorbed millennials,  and still....  WTF?  Here we are, on sailing anarchy talking about Climate Change because of this 16 year old kid.  Love her,  hate her, she's incredibly effective.  God knows HOW or WHY, but she is.  You and I and everybody in this thread proves the point, not to mention the millions of kids around the world who are yelling about it, and participating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan H

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
There are people in this thread who are convinced that no....PLASTIC IS THE PROBLEM...and people who are certain that the ~real~  issue is overpopulation.  Well, those are problems.  Absolutely they are huge problems that need solutions, and for sure we don't live in a world where problems aren't linked together.

It's just that the logic that says...OK, there's Problem A...but because there's also Problem B and Problem C,  therefore it's wrong and bad to do anything to try to solve Problem A, is well...nuts.

bacq2bacq

Anarchist
Ottawa
I'm feeling a rant coming on might as well dump it here... <rant on>

It's a sailing topic through analogy: we must sail through life and not think like the megalomaniacal cigarette-boater who believes he is in control of all with his throttles and steering-wheel smashing through the ocean in deluded polluting-in-every-way self-gratification.

As long as Greta et al stick to this:

We want the science to be heard.
I'm fine with all this.  But we are only at the absolute infancy of understanding our planet.  Some of the consequences of our actions are obvious, sad, and we really should do better, and in some cases, have.  Folks should try to take Blunted's (+Steven Pinker's) message to heart.  We are bombarded by bad news.  Some of it is real, and important: the invasive species history of the Great Lakes is enough to make you cry; ditto plastics, toxins, monoculture, urban intensification, species-assassination and habitat destruction, big-pharma-damage, the next big asteroid, where does it end?  We have lots that we can do to continue to improve our lot ("us" from aardvark to zooplankton!) in all kinds of areas where cause and effect can be fairly closely linked, where we can have some "control", and there are lots of good people doing these good deeds.

I just don't happen to believe that the climate-industry is anywhere near our highest priority, so more publicity stunts around it is regressive, I fear (disclosure: I work in renewable energy systems).  Why regressive?   Largely because:

dorydude said:
This "Climate Change" nonsense is concealing the real problem.

We are poisoning the planet with our plastic and waste and governments are unwilling to address the problems. Why?

Because every economic system we have only works with perpetual growth. Growth of population and growth of consumption. No one can fix this without crashing the system, and no government would propose restrictions on the number of children you are allowed as it would be political suicide.

Instead we are told that the planet is warming -because of us -and the best way forward is to tax us.
Italics mine, because I don't think that's the best way at this point.  And the global socio-economic system might not totally crash.  In fact, I think it is possible, and even likely, that massive decentralization will occur as a backlash against current centralist thinking, and the ideological, political, financial, and economic trends that have led us here.  I don't hold much hope for the Euro and EU, for example, nor other centralist greats like "World Wars", central banking in general, the UN, the World Bank, the BIS, etc.  China sure looks over-centralized to me, but "The Emperor is far away and the mountains steep" as the proverb goes.

It will take time, lots of time, but the sooner we all begin to understand better that organic approaches to all things* are the only sustainable ones, the sooner we clean up our act.  We must sail in the water, wind and weather in which we find ourselves, and not just believe we have plenty of horsepower, diesel, and the perfect charts and sat-nav to get us home safely.  I fear Greta has been taught a particular popular narrative, but no-where near the most accurate and important version of Life the Universe and Everything.<rant off>

* science, agriculture, art, money and currency, economics, social order... the lot.

Alan H

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Also, the logic that says...

Those guys over there are worse than us, so until they clean up their act, we don't have to do anything and any suggestion that we should is morally wrong and hypocritial.

--is equally nuts.  Pointing out that "those guys over there". (insert the country you don't like, here...probably India or China) are bad, bad, bad, is fine. You can even produce graphs and statistics to show how bad they are.  OK, good for you.    But the fact that  "those guys are bad" does not lift the moral or ethical..or in this case, extremely practical burden off of US...you and me and our elected representatives,  to do better.

In my opinion, if your response to the Climate Change issue is to constantly try to divert the conversation and calls to action off to pointing out how someone else is so much worse than you / "we" are, then you are a serious impediment to working to solve the problem.  Distract all you want,  the thermometer doesn't really care.

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
OK, Left Shift.... do you think she'd get better results if she were prettier, and came prepared with notes on what to say?  If she smiled at the congressmen and congresswomen and was polite and respectful, do you think she would get better results?  Would all us fat old farts on Sailing Anarchy be talking about her, and the issue, if she were all those things? Would action suddenly happen if she was less of what you don't like and more of what you do like?

See, personally, I don't care what she looks like. I don't care if she's awkward.  She actually has a very simple message, she's said it a lot and I don't think she really needs notes to be able to say it again.  The message is this:

There's a problem.
YOU people (congress - "adults")  have the resources to work on solving this problem.  Us kids, don't.

Would you  get your shit together and DO SOMETHING? ...'cause you're not.

I mean, basically, that's her message.  It's not terribly complicated. The other thing is, goddamn but people might hate her, they might love her.  People might throw around tired words and phrases  like "radical left" and "right wingers"  and "circle jerk" but honestly, I for one don't care.   People might make dumb jokes about kids giving up cell phones and self-absorbed millennials,  and still....  WTF?  Here we are, on sailing anarchy talking about Climate Change because of this 16 year old kid.  Love her,  hate her, she's incredibly effective.  God knows HOW or WHY, but she is.  You and I and everybody in this thread proves the point, not to mention the millions of kids around the world who are yelling about it, and participating.
What in what I wrote made you write that first paragraph.  If something did, I will have to be more careful in how I write.  

I completely agree that she is remarkable and wouldn't want a "differently configured" spokesperson when what she is doing is obviously effective.  Witness this discussion.

Alan H

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
dorydude said:

In fact, dorydude, your meme is a distraction, and you know it....so does the author.  You're trying to point out how hypocritical someone else is. ( those deluded kids) ,without taking responsibility for your own actions.  Also, the meme is bullshit;   NO public transportation?  Really?  NO new clothes?  Really?

Would you like to make an actual point?  You know, "lead by example" and all that, rather than posting a snarky meme?  You can, you know?  Leading by example is a great way to start. Show the kids how it SHOULD be done, instead of posting a snarky meme.

Got a photograph of yourself riding your bicycle to the grocery store?  That would be a good start, and super easy to do....almost as easy as that meme.

Upp3

Anarchist
But walking into a congressional hearing at 16 and saying "I do not have prepared remarks" and "I don't want you to listen to me" is a pretty remarkable bit of attention grabbing way of channeling her "furious"ness. 
Foreign congressional hearing in foreign language. I effing pissed my pants when I was 16 and had to make a speech in front of my class. Doubly that if it was in Swedish or English.

random

Super Anarchist
Finally, just because the US petitioned to leave PA, doesn't mean we can walk away, we have a contractual agreement through November 2020 and who knows what will happen then.

Get a fucking grip, the USA Corpratocrisy is using Trump to line their pockets at the expense of the planet, and out survival.  CUNTS!

85 Environmental Rules BeingRolled Back Under Trump

Air pollution and emissions

Completed

1. Canceled a requirement for oil and gas companies to report methane emissions. Environmental Protection Agency | Read more

2. Revised and partially repealed an Obama-era rule limiting methane emissions on public lands, including intentional venting and flaring from drilling operations. Interior Department | Read more

3. Loosened a Clinton-era rule designed to limit toxic emissions from major industrial polluters. E.P.A. | Read more

4. Stopped enforcing a 2015 rule that prohibited the use of hydrofluorocarbons, powerful greenhouse gases, in air-conditioners and refrigerators. E.P.A. | Read more

5. Repealed a requirement that state and regional authorities track tailpipe emissions from vehicles traveling on federal highways. Transportation Department | Read more

6. Reverted to a weaker 2009 pollution permitting program for new power plants and expansions. E.P.A. | Read more

7. Amended rules that govern how refineries monitor pollution in surrounding communities. E.P.A. | Read more

8. Directed agencies to stop using an Obama-era calculation of the “social cost of carbon” that rulemakers used to estimate the long-term economic benefits of reducing carbon dioxide emissions. Executive Order | Read more

9. Withdrew guidance that federal agencies include greenhouse gas emissions in environmental reviews. But several district courts have ruled that emissions must be included in such reviews. Executive Order; Council on Environmental Quality | Read more

10. Lifted a summertime ban on the use of E15, a gasoline blend made of 15 percent ethanol. (Burning gasoline with a higher concentration of ethanol in hot conditions increases smog.) E.P.A. | Read more

In process

11. Proposed rules to end federal requirements that oil and gas companies install technology to inspect for and fix methane leaks from wells, pipelines and storage facilities. E.P.A. | Read more

12. Proposed weakening Obama-era fuel-economy standards for cars and light trucks. The proposal also challenges California’s right to set its own more stringent standards, which other states can choose to follow. E.P.A. and Transportation Department | Read more

13. Announced intent to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement. (The process of withdrawing cannot be completed until 2020.) Executive Order | Read more

14. Proposed repeal of the Clean Power Plan, which would have set strict limits on carbon emissions from coal- and gas-fired power plants. In April 2019, the E.P.A. sent a replacement plan, which would let states set their own rules, to the White House for budget review. Executive Order; E.P.A. | Read more

15. Proposed eliminating Obama-era restrictions that in effect required newly built coal power plants to capture carbon dioxide emissions. E.P.A. | Read more

16. Proposed a legal justification for weakening an Obama-era rule that limited mercury emissions from coal power plants. E.P.A. | Read more

17. Proposed revisions to standards for carbon dioxide emissions from new, modified and reconstructed power plants. Executive Order; E.P.A. | Read more

18. Began review of emissions rules for power plant start-ups, shutdowns and malfunctions. In April, the E.P.A. filed an order reversing a requirement that 36 states follow the emissions rule. E.P.A. | Read more

19. Proposed relaxing Obama-era requirements that companies monitor and repair methane leaks at oil and gas facilities. E.P.A. | Read more

20. Proposed changing rules aimed at cutting methane emissions from landfills. In May, 2019, a federal judge ruled against the E.P.A. for failing to enforce the existing law and gave the agency a fall deadline for finalizing state and federal rules. E.P.A. said it is reviewing the decision. E.P.A. | Read more

21. Announced a rewrite of an Obama-era rule meant to reduce air pollution in national parks and wilderness areas. E.P.A. | Read more

22. Weakened oversight of some state plans for reducing air pollution in national parks. (In Texas, the E.P.A. rejected an Obama-era plan that would have required the installation of equipment at some coal-burning power plants to reduce sulfur dioxide emissions.) E.P.A. | Read more

23. Proposed repealing leak-repair, maintenance and reporting requirements for large refrigeration and air conditioning systems containing hydrofluorocarbons. E.P.A. | Read more

24. Proposed limiting the ability of individuals and communities to challenge E.P.A.-issued pollution permits before a panel of agency judges. E.P.A. | Read more

Drilling and extraction

Completed

25. Made significant cuts to the borders of two national monuments in Utah and recommended border and resource management changes to several more. Presidential Proclamation; Interior Department | Read more

26. Rescinded water pollution regulations for fracking on federal and Indian lands. Interior Department | Read more

27. Scrapped a proposed rule that required mines to prove they could pay to clean up future pollution. E.P.A. | Read more

28. Withdrew a requirement that Gulf oil rig owners prove they could cover the costs of removing rigs once they have stopped producing. Interior Department | Read more

29. Approved construction of the Dakota Access pipeline less than a mile from the Standing Rock Sioux reservation. Under the Obama administration, the Army Corps of Engineers had said it would explore alternative routes. Executive Order; Army | Read more

30. Revoked an Obama-era executive order designed to preserve ocean, coastal and Great Lakes waters in favor of a policy focused on energy production and economic growth. Executive Order | Read more

31. Changed how the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission considers the indirect effects of greenhouse gas emissions in environmental reviews of pipelines. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission | Read more

32. Permitted the use of seismic air guns for gas and oil exploration in the Atlantic Ocean. The practice, which can kill marine life and disrupt fisheries, was blocked under the Obama administration. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration | Read more

33. Loosened offshore drilling safety regulations implemented by the Obama administration following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill. The revised rules include reduced testing requirements for blowout prevention systems. Interior Department | Read more

In process

34. Completed preliminary environmental reviews to clear the way for drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Congress; Interior Department | Read more

35. Proposed opening most of America’s coastal waters to offshore oil and gas drilling, but delayed the plan after a federal judge ruled that Mr. Trump’s reversal of an Obama-era ban on drilling in the Arctic Ocean was unlawlful. Interior Department | Read more

36. Lifted an Obama-era freeze on new coal leases on public lands. But, in April 2019, a judge ruled that the Interior Department could not begin selling new leases without completing an environmental review. A month later, the agency published a draft assessment that concluded restarting federal coal leasing would have little environmental impact. Executive Order; Interior Department | Read more

37. Repealed an Obama-era rule governing royalties for oil, gas and coal leases on federal lands, which replaced a 1980s rule that critics said allowed companies to underpay the federal government. A federal judge struck down the Trump administration’s repeal. The Interior Department is reviewing the decision. Interior Department | Read more

38. Proposed “streamlining” the approval process for drilling for oil and gas in national forests. Agriculture Department; Interior Department | Read more

39. Ordered review of regulations on oil and gas drilling in national parks where mineral rights are privately owned. Executive Order; Interior Department | Read more

40. Recommended shrinking three marine protected areas, or opening them to commercial fishing. Executive Order; National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration | Read more

41. Ordered review of regulations on offshore oil and gas exploration by floating vessels in the Arctic that were developed after a 2013 accident. The Interior Department said it was “considering full rescission or revision of this rule.” Executive Order; Interior Department | Read more

42. Approved the Keystone XL pipeline rejected by President Barack Obama, but a federal judge blocked the project from going forward without an adequate environmental review process. Mr. Trump later attempted to side-step the ruling by issuing a presidential permit, but the project remains tied up in court. Executive Order; State Department | Read more

Infrastructure and planning

Completed

43. Revoked Obama-era flood standards for federal infrastructure projects, like roads and bridges. The standards required the government to account for sea-level rise and other climate change effects. Executive Order | Read more

44. Relaxed the environmental review process for federal infrastructure projects. Executive Order | Read more

45. Revoked a directive for federal agencies to minimize impacts on water, wildlife, land and other natural resources when approving development projects. Executive Order | Read more

46. Revoked an Obama executive order promoting “climate resilience” in the northern Bering Sea region of Alaska, which withdrew local waters from oil and gas leasing and established a tribal advisory council to consult on local environmental issues. Executive Order | Read more

47. Revoked an Obama executive order that set a goal of cutting the federal government’s greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent over 10 years. Executive Order | Read more

48. Reversed an update to the Bureau of Land Management’s public land use planning process. Congress | Read more

49. Withdrew an Obama-era order to consider climate change in managing natural resources in national parks. National Park Service | Read more

50. Restricted most Interior Department environmental studies to one year in length and a maximum of 150 pages, citing a need to reduce paperwork. Interior Department | Read more

51. Withdrew a number of Obama-era Interior Department climate change and conservation policies that the agency said could “burden the development or utilization of domestically produced energy resources.” Interior Department | Read more

52. Eliminated the use of an Obama-era planning system designed to minimize harm from oil and gas activity on sensitive landscapes, such as national parks. Interior Department | Read more

53. Eased the environmental review processes for small wireless infrastructure projects with the goal of expanding 5G wireless networks. Federal Communications Commission | Read more

54. Withdrew Obama-era policies designed to maintain or, ideally improve, natural resources affected by federal projects. Interior Department | Read more

In process

55. Proposed plans to streamline the environmental review process for Forest Service projects. Agriculture Department | Read more

Animals

Completed

56. Changed the way the Endangered Species Act is applied, making it more difficult to protect wildlife from long-term threats posed by climate change. Interior Department | Read more

57. Opened nine million acres of Western land to oil and gas drilling by weakening habitat protections for the sage grouse, an imperiled bird with an elaborate mating dance. Interior Department | Read more

58. Overturned a ban on the use of lead ammunition and fishing tackle on federal lands. Interior Department | Read more

59. Overturned a ban on the hunting of predators in Alaskan wildlife refuges. Congress | Read more

60. Ended an Obama-era rule barring hunters on some Alaska public lands from using bait to lure and kill grizzly bears. National Park Service; Interior Department | Read more

61. Withdrew proposed limits on the number of endangered marine mammals and sea turtles that people who fish could unintentionally kill or injure with sword-fishing nets on the West Coast. In 2018, California issued a state rule prohibiting the use of the nets the rule was intending to regulate. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration | Read more

62. Amended fishing regulations for a number of species to allow for longer seasons and higher catch rates. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration | Read more

63. Rolled back a roughly 40-year-old interprentation of a policy aimed at protecting migratory birds, potentially running afoul of treaties with Canada and Mexico. Interior Department | Read more

64. Overturned a ban on using parts of migratory birds in handicrafts made by Alaskan Natives. Interior Department | Read more

In process

65. Proposed relaxing environmental protections for salmon and smelt in California’s Central Valley in order to free up water for farmers. Executive Order; Interior Department | Read more

Toxic substances and safety

Completed

66. Rejected a proposed ban on chlorpyrifos, a pesticide linked to developmental disabilities in children. E.P.A. | Read more

67. Narrowed the scope of a 2016 law mandating safety assessments for potentially toxic chemicals, like dry-cleaning solvents and paint strippers. The E.P.A. will focus on direct exposure and exclude air, water and ground contamination. E.P.A. | Read more

68. Reversed an Obama-era rule that required braking system upgrades for “high hazard” trains hauling flammable liquids, like oil and ethanol. Transportation Department | Read more

69. Removed copper filter cake, an electronics manufacturing byproduct comprised of heavy metals, from the “hazardous waste” list. E.P.A. | Read more

In process

70. Announced a review of an Obama-era rule lowering coal dust limits in mines. The head of the Mine Safety and Health Administration said there were no immediate plans to change the dust limit, but the review is continuing. Labor Department | Read more

Water pollution

Completed

71. Scaled back pollution protections for certain tributaries and wetlands that were regulated under the Clean Water Act by the Obama administration. E.P.A.; Army | Read more

72. Revoked a rule that prevented coal companies from dumping mining debris into local streams. Congress | Read more

73. Withdrew a proposed rule aimed at reducing pollutants, including air pollution, at sewage treatment plants. E.P.A. | Read more

74. Withdrew a proposed rule requiring groundwater protections for certain uranium mines. E.P.A. | Read more

75. Weakened federal rules regulating the disposal and storage of coal ash waste from power plants. (A second phase of this rollback is still under way.) E.P.A. | Read more

In process

76. Delayed by two years an E.P.A. rule regulating limits on toxic discharge, which can include mercury, from power plants into public waterways. E.P.A. | Read more

77. Ordered the E.P.A. to re-evaluate a section of the Clean Water Act and related guidance that allows states to reject or delay federal projects – including pipelines and other fossil fuel facilities – if they don't meet local water quality goals. Executive Order; E.P.A. | Read more

Other

Completed

78. Repealed an Obama-era regulation that would have nearly doubled the number of light bulbs subject to energy-efficiency standards starting in January 2020. The E.P.A. also proposed scaling back the next phase of efficiency standards for bulbs that remain subject to regulation. Energy Department | Read more

79. Prohibited funding environmental and community development projects through corporate settlements of federal lawsuits. Justice Department | Read more

80. Announced intent to stop payments to the Green Climate Fund, a United Nations program to help poorer countries reduce carbon emissions. Executive Order | Read more

81. Reversed restrictions on the sale of plastic water bottles in national parks desgined to cut down on litter, despite a Park Service report that the effort worked. Interior Department | Read more

In process

82. Proposed limiting the studies used by the E.P.A. for rulemaking to only those that make data publicly available. (The move was widely criticized by scientists, who said it would effectively block the agency from considering landmark research that relies on confidential health data.) E.P.A. | Read more

83. Proposed changes to the way cost-benefit analyses are conducted under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and other environmental statutes. E.P.A. | Read more

84. Proposed withdrawing efficiency standards for residential furnaces and commercial water heaters designed to reduce energy use. Energy Department | Read more

85. Initially withdrew then delayed a proposed rule that would inform car owners about fuel-efficient replacement tires. (The Transportation Department has scheduled a new rulemaking notice for 2020.) Transportation Department | Read more

10 rules were reinstated, often
following lawsuits and other challenges

1. Reinstated a rule aimed at improving safety at facilities that use hazardous chemicals following a federal court order. E.P.A. | Read more

2. Reversed course on repealing emissions standards for “glider” trucks — vehicles retrofitted with older, often dirtier engines — after Andrew Wheeler took over as head of the E.P.A. E.P.A. | Read more

3. Delayed a compliance deadline for new national ozone pollution standards by one year, but later reversed course. E.P.A. | Read more

4. Suspended an effort to lift restrictions on mining in Bristol Bay, Alaska. But the Army Corps of Engineers is performing an environmental review of an application for mining in the area. E.P.A.; Army | Read more

5. Delayed implementation of a rule regulating the certification and training of pesticide applicators, but a judge ruled that the E.P.A. had done so illegally and declared the rule in effect. E.P.A. | Read more

6. Initially delayed publishing efficiency standards for household appliances, but later published them after multiple states and environmental groups sued. Energy Department | Read more

7. Delayed federal building efficiency standards until Sept. 30, 2017, at which time the rules went into effect. Energy Department | Read more

8. Reissued a rule limiting the discharge of mercury by dental offices into municipal sewers after a lawsuit by the Natural Resources Defense Council, an advocacy group. E.P.A. | Read more

9. Re-posted a proposed rule limiting greenhouse gas emissions from aircraft, after initially changing its status to “inactive” on the E.P.A. website. In May 2019, the agency confimed it would issue the rule. E.P.A. | Read more

10. Removed the Yellowstone grizzly bear from the Endangered Species List, but the protections were later reinstated by a federal judge. (The Trump administration appealed the ruling in May 2019.)

Gissie

Super Anarchist
Fuck me dead Randumb. This has been a relatively good discussion, then you turn up. Firstly, no need to shout. Secondly, post a link with a brief excerpt if required. Otherwise this will get moved and turn into the standard shit throwing PA turns into these days. Or people will drift away, numbed to the bone by your boring prattle.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Fuck me dead Randumb. This has been a relatively good discussion, then you turn up. Firstly, no need to shout. Secondly, post a link with a brief excerpt if required. Otherwise this will get moved and turn into the standard shit throwing PA turns into these days. Or people will drift away, numbed to the bone by your boring prattle.
It's not often but in this case I totally agree with you.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Hope it doesn't spoil your day. ;)
haha, nope - just because I don't usually agree with you doesn't mean I won't follow you and try to understand your viewpoints.  random is a pita doing more harm than good. Couple that with his 9/11 inside job crap and he could go away and we would all be better off.  I do my best to be an equal opportunity asshole to assholes all across the spectrum.  Most posters here are interesting, it's the few turds that continually float to the top of the punch bowl that ruin the party. Every now and then I assist the flush.

hoppy

Anarchist
There are people in this thread who are convinced that no....PLASTIC IS THE PROBLEM...and people who are certain that the ~real~  issue is overpopulation.  Well, those are problems.  Absolutely they are huge problems that need solutions, and for sure we don't live in a world where problems aren't linked together.

It's just that the logic that says...OK, there's Problem A...but because there's also Problem B and Problem C,  therefore it's wrong and bad to do anything to try to solve Problem A, is well...nuts.
What if problem C is the root cause for the severity of problems A & B and no one wants to talk about problem C.

No one has he guts to discuss problem C. Greta is just as bad as everyone else. Only Bindi Irwin has ever had the guts to bring up problem C 

Three+Wise+Monkeys+Hear+No+Evil+See+No+Evil+Speak+No+Evil+Body+Language+Nonverbal+Communication+Expert+Expert+Speaker+Speaker+Dr+Jack+Brown+Dr+Jack+Brown+Las+Vegas+Southern+California.jpg