Greta

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Roy Spencer - the Roy Spencer who is a member of the Heartland Group? The one funded by the fossil fuel industry? You are on a roll dude, I know there are a couple more you haven't drug up yet.  Give us something from the woodfortrees site.

You aren't confused, you are just a sap.  Here is a heads up - in PA (that horrible place where we are mean to posters) there have been a stream of posters who posted all of this crap for years, get shot down, wait and post it again. It didn't float then and doesn't now.

But don't let me stop you, do go on.

edit: just for shits and giggle try scrolling through this, I couldn't find any cute videos or coloring books but give it a go

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/20/the-climate-crisis-explained-in-10-charts?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
Roy Spencer - the Roy Spencer who is a member of the Heartland Group? The one funded by the fossil fuel industry? You are on a roll dude, I know there are a couple more you haven't drug up yet.  Give us something from the woodfortrees site.

You aren't confused, you are just a sap.  Here is a heads up - in PA (that horrible place where we are mean to posters) there have been a stream of posters who posted all of this crap for years, get shot down, wait and post it again. It didn't float then and doesn't now.

But don't let me stop you, do go on.
Please don't.

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
Why are we still debating the science?  IPCC is conclusive.  Think you are smarter than the majority of scientists in the world?  You aren't.  Yes it is always necessary to question science, but that is a job best left to other scientists, not lay people.  Yes, it will always be possible to find contrary evidence in a complex system like the climate of a planet.

We can't afford to listen to the deniers anymore.  That is Greta's point.   

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
boatcat65 said:
Good discussion of the current science:  https://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-natural-or-manmade/

And here's the main reason I don't believe in man made global warming- didn't have many carbon emitters around for just about all of the last 400,000 years, yet this clear cycle persists.  Right now we're warming- but my money is on a cooler future, not warmer, unfortunate since cooler will be a lot harder on the human race than warming up a bit:

View attachment 322991
No, that's the justification you have found for what you want to believe.  Not that you understand it.  

Please note that the CO2 level in Jan 2017 was 406.8 ppm.  Higher than at any time on your favorite chart.  Here's a different chart for you.  

th.jpeg mlo_full_record-copy_trimmed1500.png

Hopeless to publish this for you, I understand, but others may find it useful.

LB 15

Cunt
The time for nicey nice is over, the Koch Brothers won.  More C02 than ever before is being pumped into the atmosphere.   Civil discourse should not be attempted with shills and greedy bastards who profess any point of view that favours their retirement fund.  This is about survival.  We are beginning to fight over the scraps while watching what's left go up in flames.
Randumb is trying to do an Orson Welles. 

duncan (the other one)

Super Anarchist
Siderney
No, that's the justification you have found for what you want to believe.  Not that you understand it.  

Please note that the CO2 level in Jan 2017 was 406.8 ppm.  Higher than at any time on your favorite chart.  Here's a different chart for you.  

View attachment 323006

Hopeless to publish this for you, I understand, but others may find it useful.
matches nicely when you play the splicing trick..

snap.png

3to1

Super Anarchist
So we have a country that has had it's democracy hi-jacked by social media and a disinformation industry, and we have people here refusing to conceded that that industry extends to political threads here?  Really?

I call it as I see it.  It's time to get angry.  The alternative is your example, chatter with no result.  Further, attacking people who are speaking out loudly.

Lash out?  Lash fucking out?  Link me where I called you a PITA.  Good luck with that.  You can't even get that part the right way around.
Hey random, for whatever this is worth, I consider you an invaluable poster here and I appreciate your efforts. If you're here to cut through all the strange bs, then you're doing an excellent job. 

Cheers.

random

Super Anarchist
I did not have to click on the link to see all I needed for today about stupidity.

It's people like you that make it that way.

I was driving down to sailing a few days ago and heard Dr Karl on the ABC get asked about climate change denial.  He fixed that question as effectively as I have heard him do anything.  He said that the fact that human activity is rapidly changing Earth's climate was established in 1989, thirty years ago ... NEXT!

random

Super Anarchist
boatcat65 said:
Well, according to this, written in 1998- we should all be dead, or something...

https://www.apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
Good article, most of it was spot on.

"Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control."

We missed the window.

Pentagon Fears Confirmed: Climate Change Leads to More Wars and Refugees

By

Jonathan Tirone
January 23, 2019, 9:28 PM GMT+10