Greta

random

Super Anarchist
boatcat65 said:
Damm- who let this out- falling temps while CO2 rises?  That's not supposed to happen!
Wood for trees is a graph generator often used by shills to make up whatever graphs they want to lie about.

PointlessOccasionalCatfish-size_restricted.gif

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
boatcat65 said:
Good discussion of the current science:  https://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-natural-or-manmade/

And here's the main reason I don't believe in man made global warming- didn't have many carbon emitters around for just about all of the last 400,000 years, yet this clear cycle persists.  Right now we're warming- but my money is on a cooler future, not warmer, unfortunate since cooler will be a lot harder on the human race than warming up a bit:

View attachment 322991
My bold...

You know it is not a religion you are supposed to "believe in". It is all about evidence and alternative graphs by political think tank is not evidence, it is just a nice drawing in line with their dogma.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
Good article, most of it was spot on.

"Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control."

We missed the window.
So if we have missed the window why are we spending so much time and money trying to stop it. Surely it is time to try and deal with what is coming.

or are you saying he was wrong and we can still do something about it?

random

Super Anarchist
So if we have missed the window why are we spending so much time and money trying to stop it. Surely it is time to try and deal with what is coming.

or are you saying he was wrong and we can still do something about it?
I am saying that we have missed the window to stop catastrophic change, but there are things we can do to prevent extinction of most life on earth.  Like stop using coal.

I have lived in the same place for 19 years and in just that short period of time profound changes are noticeable, changes that cannot be explained by just weather.  The number of extreme high temperatures in summer are affecting insects.  After reading about the disappearing Bogong moths, that clicked for me because in summer, if we drove home after dark the insects would pepper our car, big bastards.  'Christmas Beetles' would crash onto our tin roof just after dark most evenings in December/January.  These things have not happened for a few years now.  This correlates with the studies that show that insect and bird communities are collapsing.

Spring rain has stopped as a regular cycle.  The first year I noticed it, there was no rain till the day after Xmas, now this is the new normal.  I had to buy a 4wd quad bike in 2000 to be able to get around some places on the property, now that is not required.  Those areas are dry all the time.

I photograph fungi that grow here.  The species mix has almost completely changed, some have completely disappeared, haven't seen them for years.

We built the house to not need air conditioning, that worked for most of the first decade until the number of continuous days of high temperature started to string together and become unbearable.  Air con installed.

Australia has a well organised volunteer firefighting organisation.  For the last 20 years there have been many killed as fires become too severe to attempt to control and they focus on getting people out before it gets here.  They had to create a new category to describe the severity.  We had to evacuate one day last year.  Fortunately water bombers stopped it well away from us as it tried to cross open ground.

I could go on.  My experience correlates with the records of the Bureau of Meteorology and they predict that the trend will get worse.

And fuckwits here attempt to deny and confuse.  Fuck them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gissie

Super Anarchist
I am saying that we have missed the window to stop catastrophic change,
You quoted Nick and his prediction. So are you saying he is wrong that it is all over and the tipping point was years ago and replacing it with your own experience.

As for living there for 19 years, so what. Climate is considered 30 years+ so are you talking local weather?

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Roy Spencer - the Roy Spencer who is a member of the Heartland Group? The one funded by the fossil fuel industry? You are on a roll dude, I know there are a couple more you haven't drug up yet.  Give us something from the woodfortrees site.

You aren't confused, you are just a sap.  Here is a heads up - in PA (that horrible place where we are mean to posters) there have been a stream of posters who posted all of this crap for years, get shot down, wait and post it again. It didn't float then and doesn't now.

But don't let me stop you, do go on.

edit: just for shits and giggle try scrolling through this, I couldn't find any cute videos or coloring books but give it a go

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/20/the-climate-crisis-explained-in-10-charts?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Would it have helped if I had put the woodfortrees in purple? Flashing? Dear boatcat65, that was sarcasm, not an actual request.  You can save a lot of time and effort if you just do a search for NGS and his denier posts in PA. He had LOTS of colorful graphs and fonts. Lots. I mean, pages and pages. 

It's like deja vu all over again.

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
If you had gone to the actual newspaper article, you would have read "up to 50 millions"... not 50 millions as your biases source claims.

As for climate change moving people, that is a fact, I've read that even New Orleans a town in one of the richest nation of the world is struggling to recover from flooding due to stronger than usual hurricanes.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
The deniers always reference the same websites. Been through them all in PA countless times, it's sad when someone thinks they found something remarkable and likely get their feelings hurt when you point out it's just the same old shit being rehashed. I actually thought the Koch brothers got a bad rap until I found out just how many "grass roots" groups they funded.  Just find the well meaning gullible types and convince them that everything else is evil, driven by money, power and Al Gore and voila!

It drips with irony.

NaptimeAgain

Super Anarchist
Annapolis MD
I'd prefer to listen to experienced scientists than advocates (raising awareness types).  And if students go on strike for awhile or a long time, does it ultimately matter? I remember high school (decades ago) as a time to embrace causes of various stripes with typical enthusiasm.  It's a life stage with an outsized sense of one's capabilities and influence.  Not commenting one way on the other on her positions.  The boomers who spent the 60s protesting about war and ecology etc. are the same generation screwing their grandchildren' generation economically and in other ways.  Not really a surprise.

random

Super Anarchist
You quoted Nick and his prediction. So are you saying he is wrong that it is all over and the tipping point was years ago and replacing it with your own experience.

As for living there for 19 years, so what. Climate is considered 30 years+ so are you talking local weather?
No 'm saying you should educate yourself. 

The last time I gave advice for money I charged $1500 a day. 

For you, $1250.  Interested?   I could PM you a contract.

duncan (the other one)

Super Anarchist
Siderney
If you had gone to the actual newspaper article, you would have read "up to 50 millions"... not 50 millions as your biases source claims.

As for climate change moving people, that is a fact, I've read that even New Orleans a town in one of the richest nation of the world is struggling to recover from flooding due to stronger than usual hurricanes.
2014-forecast-f-1-hurricane-figure-1-web-2.jpg

LB 15

Cunt
I did not have to click on the link to see all I needed for today about stupidity.

It's people like you that make it that way.

I was driving down to sailing a few days ago and heard Dr Karl on the ABC get asked about climate change denial.  He fixed that question as effectively as I have heard him do anything.  He said that the fact that human activity is rapidly changing Earth's climate was established in 1989, thirty years ago ... NEXT!
Dr Carl. Bwahahahahahaha. What about play school? Any climate change information from that children’s show? Mate read my link. It is not only a brilliant piss take, it is you the author is talking about.

He asks what kind of normal adult goes into fawning rapture about a young girl giving finger waving lectures?

‘A lecture, furthermore, from a child who hasn’t finished her schooling, whose frontal lobes haven’t formed, who has no sense of humour, whose every utterance is the second-hand opinion of alarmist grown-ups whose doomsday claims she is completely unequipped to assess?’ 

Read it mate. It will, not for the first time, make your head explode.

Last edited by a moderator:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
toecutter said:
Did a resident of Cooktown in the 1920's "need" air conditioning. Nope.

Did a farmer in your district "need" a quad bike to get around his property in 1950? Nope
Name two things that didn't exist.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
No 'm saying you should educate yourself. 

The last time I gave advice for money I charged $1500 a day. 

For you, $1250.  Interested?   I could PM you a contract.
Thanks for the offer but I can already post graphs, memes and write in capitals, so don't see what you could teach me.

hoppy

Anarchist
We built the house to not need air conditioning, that worked for most of the first decade until the number of continuous days of high temperature started to string together and become unbearable.  Air con installed.
I've had the same house for 30 years. In the 90's I survived the summer heat without needing AC.

I left the country for 18 years and upon my return to my house in 2016 the first thing I did was install AC throughout the house..

I could blame climate change but the real reasons are different.

- 16 years living in Sweden has made me weak about handling heat

- much older and not willing to put up with the heat

- My partner was pregnant   

- My partner is not from Aus

I accept the science of climate change, but there is no need to use piss weak examples to try to prove a point. You are just growing soft.

LB 15

Cunt
Well, that is exactly Greta's point.  Adults want to ignore the problem, so the kids have to show leadership and force them to take this seriously.  If you need some sort of motivation to get on board, think of it this way: she wants your great grandchildren to be able to go sailing too.  

So, to be blunt, this fucking thread is in your face because we adults have been ignoring the problem for so long.  Get over it.
Greta doesn't have a point. She has handlers that feed her the drivel that flows from her judgmental, pursed lips. The publicity stunts that her handlers create for her are to 'Raise awareness' of climate change. I guess they think there are people on this earth are not aware of the cult of climate change. The only thing that her handlers are raising is her public profile, thus inflating her appearance fee, the value of her book deal and the inevitable movie deal about Saint Greta. If you folks are happy to be lectured about 'science' from a 16 year high school dropout then knock yourselves out. Personally I just feel sorry for the poor exploited young thing. She should be enjoying her teenage years instead of being manipulated by adults with an agenda. 

hoppy

Anarchist
I've had the same house for 30 years. In the 90's I survived the summer heat without needing AC.

I left the country for 18 years and upon my return to my house in 2016 the first thing I did was install AC throughout the house..

I could blame climate change but the real reasons are different.

- 16 years living in Sweden has made me weak about handling heat

- much older and not willing to put up with the heat

- My partner was pregnant   

- My partner is not from Aus

I accept the science of climate change, but there is no need to use piss weak examples to try to prove a point. You are just growing soft.
ohh yeah, fuck this thread and that butt ugly Asperger Swede back to PA.

(My partner first bought up her looks and her ex-Swede had Aspergers and is very much anti when it comes to dealing with them)