Gulf of maine scuttlebut

C Koch

Super Anarchist
Maine
Anybody going to Handy's tonight?
I went. Good times. Free beer. Lots of people looking for rides. I was disturbed by how many of them were taking notes. Not just writing down names and numbers, but really taking notes. It was odd.

G
It was a good night, with a good sized crowd, but the beer ran out too soon. :eek: Bernie said it was the quickest keg consumption he'd seen at one of these. Maybe they'll spring for more beer next time like they do in Newport.

I didn't pick up on the note taking though I did find one other aspect of the evening just a little disturbing. B)

I went. Good times. Free beer. Lots of people looking for rides. I was disturbed by how many of them were taking notes. Not just writing down names and numbers, but really taking notes. It was odd.

G
It was a good night, with a good sized crowd, but the beer ran out too soon. :eek: Bernie said it was the quickest keg consumption he'd seen at one of these. Maybe they'll spring for more beer next time like they do in Newport.

I didn't pick up on the note taking though I did find one other aspect of the evening just a little disturbing. B)
Dish the dirt. Also - I'd like to know who some of these regulars in this forum are to maybe meet them in person this summer? Would that violate unwritten anonymity policies? Maybe I shouldn't have used my real name for my handle.... hhhmmmm

I know who alteredst88 is, that's about it. Oh...and Hellion as well.

Soggy

G

Ok, you can't post something like that without spilling the beans....I hate being teased :(

I had kid duty last night and could not attend....but I may be able to make the prom tonight if folks are still attending.

maxluff

Super Anarchist
Gulf of Maine
SPRING PROM

Thursday MAY 11th

Norms Bar and Grill

Congress St. Portland, Maine

1800 hrs

02878144.gif

"Police seek tips in search for missing woman.

2:30-3 pm: Woman leaves Norm's Bar and Grill on Congress Street for the Old Port. Whereabouts unknown."

Last edited by a moderator:

Soggy

Just takes a little detective work...

Kitty in Drag - He gave you this one in the name (very creative) class A boat.

MaxLuff - Read previous threads on boats he owned and boat he just purchased.

Suider - Knows MaxLuff and alteredst88 pretty well

Soggy - Look at the Avaitar...I sail on the white boat.

C Koch - Look at past threads and you should be able to figure it out.

Reggie Bear - Famous Sail Maker

SShowBob - You know him next time you need to get bailed out of jail :lol:

G

Ok, you can't post something like that without spilling the beans....I hate being teased :(

I had kid duty last night and could not attend....but I may be able to make the prom tonight if folks are still attending.
Well doggone it! Where's da prom tonight?

C Koch

Super Anarchist
Maine

G

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, it's not really that interesting, and not pertinent to the masses. Being told that you think like one of the more deviant anarchists is, well, disturbing.

So Soggy sails a white boat. Gee, THAT really narrows it down!

Soggy

G

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, it's not really that interesting, and not pertinent to the masses. Being told that you think like one of the more deviant anarchists is, well, disturbing.

So Soggy sails a white boat. Gee, THAT really narrows it down!
"Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, it's not really that interesting, and not pertinent to the masses. Being told that you think like one of the more deviant anarchists is, well, disturbing."

PIC's or it didn't happen....there now I really sound like one of the more deviant anarchists :eek:

Look close at the Avitar picture and it's easy to tell what boat it is or try www.pain-killer.org

THAT ought to narrow it down a bit ;)

Later-

Soggy

hellion

Super Anarchist
on SA at times

G

Dish the dirt. Also - I'd like to know who some of these regulars in this forum are to maybe meet them in person this summer? Would that violate unwritten anonymity policies? Maybe I shouldn't have used my real name for my handle.... hhhmmmm

I have been amused by the "anonymity" of some people on this site.

The ones that insult others and are generally negative and undesirable will NEVER tell you their login name if you meet them, nor give you their real name when you PM them. Go figure... :p

I am so looking forward to begging/borrowing/stealing the money to get back to Maine ASAP.

must get baaaaack....

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist
Earth to dirt dog... earth to Dirtdog... please come in...

So tell us what the new Bandito is like to sail... where is the boat now? Have you guys started the trip to Maine?????

Inquiring Kittys want to know.

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist
So People-

should we try the Prom again??? I'm sure none of us went in High School so this is your chance to get even.

Someone throw a date out-

Who's in?

Kitty's in.

Jerk

Maine
So People-should we try the Prom again??? I'm sure none of us went in High School so this is your chance to get even.

Someone throw a date out-

Who's in?

Kitty's in.

Kitty- Call me regarding prom, my homeroom teacher firewalled SA, and I miss a lot of stuff....

Miss you so bad...

dirtdog

Super Anarchist
Earth to dirt dog... earth to Dirtdog... please come in...
So tell us what the new Bandito is like to sail... where is the boat now? Have you guys started the trip to Maine?????

Inquiring Kittys want to know.
Bandito is at a secure undisclosed location. :lol: We made a shot at bringing her up this past weekend, needless to say we got very wet. Due to low visability (driving rain) and no radar, sailing in Long Island sound (Big ships and what not) we found a place to put in night one. Had some old fuel issues (previous owner is a complete shit head). put in to a marina in the morning and had the bottom of the tanks pumped out (water, that had been in the tanks for a good amount of time). Engine checked over we set out again, the whole time it was blowing steady between 25-30 knots gusting to 35-38 (mostly on the nose), 6-9 foot seas(or chop). Boat did well, very impressed on how solid she is, and dry down below. Got some sail up for about 3/4 of it and she drives like a sports car, even in the shit we were driving through. So needless to say with the delays and pounding we took, the boat is not yet in Maine (unfortunately). We hope to finish the trip with better weather and more favorable wind direction.

maxluff

Super Anarchist
Gulf of Maine
Maiden voyage of the Henderson 30: 'REVO OCHO',

Aka: 'El Ocho', will be this weekend weather permiting.

The bastardization of the Johnson outboard has been completed.

Our outboard now can be shifted from the helm.

This will preclude G from having to hang out in the 'CRO' engine room.. .

We may have to move the beer.. :D

BTW; Holy sh*t! This is the seventh page in this thread promoting the Gulf of Maine sailing and drinking club....