Gulf of maine scuttlebut

OUCH_OI hope all is well- tough break
Glad to see the Ocho / "Oucho" guys joking about their bad luck.... good sports. I hope she's OK after todays haul-out... please post her keel condition when u can. Good lookin' boat!! That was some good racin'!! Well... until... you know :eek: (

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bandito's rig has not been 100% tuned. Call it a hunch.

We'll take the 3rd in light air / no chop, even if two of the spots were gained through attrition :eek: )

If Ocho is now "Oucho", does that now make Tamarack "Tamawreck"? Sorry. Not funny.

I heard a rumor that Merle's counter-Castine Regatta is cancelled... can anyone verify this? With all respect to Merle, if it's true and all of GMORA does Camden/Castine, that's gonna ROCK!!

suider

Super Anarchist
Glad to see the Ocho / "Oucho" guys joking about their bad luck.... good sports. I hope she's OK after todays haul-out... please post her keel condition when u can. Good lookin' boat!! That was some good racin'!! Well... until... you know :eek: (
yeah, what else can we do except joke about it.... :lol:

was a pretty good hit, that's for sure.... hardest i've ever been aground.... woulda had to wait for the tide without the 'rescue' inflatable, i'm positive.... even then it was touch and go for a bit....

/c

Soggy

yeah, what else can we do except joke about it.... :lol:

was a pretty good hit, that's for sure.... hardest i've ever been aground.... woulda had to wait for the tide without the 'rescue' inflatable, i'm positive.... even then it was touch and go for a bit....

/c
If you ever get in a spot with no "rescue" boat. Tie the anchor rode to the main halyard, and toss the anchor. Grind on the main halyard and you'll heel the boat off the grounding.

Not that I've ever had to do that :eek:

BTW - That's one fast boat you could have done alright with a rating of 30.

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtdog

Super Anarchist
according to the results posted online - centerboard regatta was scored using Time-on-Time. Any one have the actual finish times and RC recorded length of course. Just curious to see how that effected results, How close were the corrected times for boats if it was TOD.

suider

Super Anarchist
i know i was surprised when i heard later that night that 'kaos' had pulled off the win.... i thought they were DEEP....

well, at the time we went on our ledge tour there was BDP, us and you guys.... next (back a ways) was revo2 (i think?).... smithwick must mave been beyond that.... i'm not sure, but i would have (in my gut, anyway) thought BDP had it wrapped TOD....

/c

dirtdog

Super Anarchist
c6rrect

i know i was surprised when i heard later that night that 'kaos' had pulled off the win.... i thought they were DEEP....
well, at the time we went on our ledge tour there was BDP, us and you guys.... next (back a ways) was revo2 (i think?).... smithwick must mave been beyond that.... i'm not sure, but i would have (in my gut, anyway) thought BDP had it wrapped TOD....

/c
agreed- BDP had it all on TOD, was very surprised to here the results. we thought we were close with revo2(corrected) and kaos was behind them. 9 or 10 mile course????

curious to know finish times just for our own ref., if anybody has got them.

C Koch

Super Anarchist
Maine
Here's something else to speculate about (besides TOT vs TOD)... Alberto!

Here's the coastal forecast for later this week. Hoepfully it calms down by Saturday a.m.

THU

NW WINDS AROUND 10 KT...DECREASING TO AROUND 5 KT AFTER

MIDNIGHT. SEAS 1 TO 2 FT...BUILDING TO 4 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE OF

SHOWERS.

FRI

S WINDS AROUND 5 KT. SEAS 7 TO 10 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN

THE MORNING.

And here's a link to the 5-day forecast path (since I couldn't get the image to work):

NHC forecast path

Little wind and big swells doesn't sound all that pleasant but we'll see how that changes over the course of the week. It's still early.

alteredst88

Super Anarchist
Maine
The Ocho came out of the water today...With surprisingly little damage. The bulb was a little dinged, but nothing structural and nothing really ugly... It really was just a flesh wound. She is drying nicely on the hard for a few days and should go back in just in time for our weekly Thursday weather incident.

G

Matt B

Super Anarchist
Good to hear the boat is more or less OK. Also good to see no one seems to have taken a photo.

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist
Good for you Guys-

I guess those Rastas can build boats!

Sounded ugly from where we were; I would have bet it was going to be much more serious-

I'm glad it wasn't

dirtdog

Super Anarchist
Glade to hear you will be back in action. Look forward to seeing you guys out there this weekend.

Soggy

Excellent news about Oucho!

I seriously doubt we'll see 7' swells unless they send us out the Hussey. But I've been know to be wrong before.

Hey Kitty look on the bright side, Centerboard is the only regatta that uses TOT.

I hear that there's a good chance that Whipper will be racing this weekend :)

maxluff

Super Anarchist
Gulf of Maine
B) -->

QUOTE(Matt B @ Jun 12 2006, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to hear the boat is more or less OK. Also good to see no one seems to have taken a photo.
Hats off to G, D and Mr. Bumpy. Me having to be in Boston for work and

the shore crew has appeared to do a great job. Damage is minimal. A little fill and a bit of fairing and we will be back in for Thursday night race! :)