Gulf of maine scuttlebut

Soggy

Admiral Peary Race -
OK in the spirit of the race how close is everyone going to follow the NOR? For Example leave Seguin to Port, I always cut inside....just asking in the slim event that I save my time someone might try to deprive me of the trophy :lol:

Not that this trophy won't be shared with all participating racers. My plan is to get Kitty and Dirt Dog so hammered on Friday night they look green on Saturday....maybe just maybe I'll be able to keep them on my side of the horizon. Nice job this weekend guys.

PS Haji very nice job this season...I'm psyched for Ed.

Just received this email...much better course:

VHF: Channel #72

Warning at 10:50 and Prep at 10:55

11:00 start

I do not have any flags etc. I will give a series of short blasts on an air horn 1 minute before that start squence with a long blast at 10 minutes, 5 minutes and the start. I will use GPS times.

The course:

Start off Eagle Island RN #2 (port end of line)

Round Broad Sound Bell "BS" to port

Round Cuckolds Bell "1C" to port

Finish off Tubbler Is. 4 sec flasher "8"

(presumably that will be left to starboard)

course distance is 24.15 miles

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
Admiral Peary Race -
OK in the spirit of the race how close is everyone going to follow the NOR? For Example leave Seguin to Port, I always cut inside....just asking in the slim event that I save my time someone might try to deprive me of the trophy :lol:

Not that this trophy won't be shared with all participating racers. My plan is to get Kitty and Dirt Dog so hammered on Friday night they look green on Saturday....maybe just maybe I'll be able to keep them on my side of the horizon. Nice job this weekend guys.

Thanks Soggy. The Revo II gang is great, a real bunch of characters...it's been fun to see them really get their "game face" going. Hell, yesterday there were only 2 beers onboard! Ed was so happy after the first race on Sunday (bullet) he said it was his best race ever on the boat. Actually we credit all success to the better food onboard this year....

Wish I could make the Admiral Peary race this friday (that's what it's called, right?) but turns out I definitely have to go to the Solo Sailing Hall of Fame gig at the Museum of Yachting in Newport this Friday. No, they're not "inducting" me but I'm supposed to talk to some people there. Hope it's worth the $ for the gas....

Soggy

Admiral Peary Race -

Thanks Soggy. The Revo II gang is great, a real bunch of characters...it's been fun to see them really get their "game face" going. Hell, yesterday there were only 2 beers onboard! Ed was so happy after the first race on Sunday (bullet) he said it was his best race ever on the boat. Actually we credit all success to the better food onboard this year....

Wish I could make the Admiral Peary race this friday (that's what it's called, right?) but turns out I definitely have to go to the Solo Sailing Hall of Fame gig at the Museum of Yachting in Newport this Friday. No, they're not "inducting" me but I'm supposed to talk to some people there. Hope it's worth the $ for the gas....
Have fun in Newport, just make sure that your on Revo2 for the start on Sat. I was speaking with Ed on the phone today, Friday night before Southport sounds like fun.

C Koch

Super Anarchist
Maine
Admiral Peary Race -

I do not have any flags etc. I will give a series of short blasts on an air horn 1 minute before that start squence with a long blast at 10 minutes, 5 minutes and the start. I will use GPS times.

The course:

Come on Soggy, keep Seguin to port!! Better sailing to seaward anyway without the Kennebec River slop.

Stickboy and I need a hand, though. We plan to sail the boat up together Friday and leave her in the Boothbay area for the Southport race the following weekend. So we need a ride back to Freeport on Sunday night. Anyone got room (preferably in a car)?

Soggy

So - any boats got room for two pick-up crew this weekend? We'll be at Bbay, but not racing our boat this year.
SShow, I'll let you know by tomorrow latest...working on who I have on for the weekend right now. Just need to make a couple of phone calls.

Soggy

Admiral Peary Race -

The course:

Come on Soggy, keep Seguin to port!! Better sailing to seaward anyway without the Kennebec River slop.

I figure that I'll be motor sailing with the inflatable also fired up as the "after burner"...after all G said it was OK. "The shortest distance between two points is a great circle."

alteredst88

Super Anarchist
Maine
Sugested course revision for Admiral Peary Trophy 2007:

Start: Falmouth Sea Grill Outside Bar (note your start time on cocktail napkin, save napkin to remove lipstick from clothing later that night)

Finish: Hawk's Bar (are you the first one here? Yea! You won!)

Course: Leave mainland to port (also no rocks, bricks, bouys, whales, large turtles, or other marine obstructions may be harmed (bashed up on) by any part of your boat)

Propulsion: Yes (smoke 'em if ya got 'em)

Class Breaks: No (c'mon)

G

sshow bob

Super Anarchist
Maine
No way. You are clearly not the winner if you get there first. You win when enough people have been there long enough before you to get drunk enough to keep buying rounds once you get there.... mmm.... Dr. McGillicuddies...

Soggy

Becareful, if it's a constant left hand turn on the way to Boothbay people will think we're racing NASCAR.

(extremely slow day at work...wish I was out on the water!!)

alteredst88

Super Anarchist
Maine
No way. You are clearly not the winner if you get there first. You win when enough people have been there long enough before you to get drunk enough to keep buying rounds once you get there.... mmm.... Dr. McGillicuddies...
Dr. and Cuervo... Tequilacuddies. Mmm...

Dr. and Vodka with lime... McGillakazes... Mmm...

G

maxluff

Super Anarchist
Gulf of Maine
Admiral Peary Race -

The course:

Sounds good. Thanks to Bill and HYC for making this thing happen. I relinquish all RC control to HYC and will be responsible for the 'trophies'....

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist
I understand that there is a scoring error in the final race last weekend.

It did not change overall finish for regatta and probably not overall points for season

Maybe Stickboy could comment and tell us when we shoulsd expect season scoring to be updated...

Kitty

Soggy

I understand that there is a scoring error in the final race last weekend.
It did not change overall finish for regatta and probably not overall points for season

Maybe Stickboy could comment and tell us when we shoulsd expect season scoring to be updated...

Kitty
Hi Stick -

If you want to send me the final results for the Harraseeket and PHRF/OD races, I can crunch the numbers in Excel for the Rinderl points.

soggy

Latest posts