Gulf of maine scuttlebut

alteredst88

Super Anarchist
Maine
Nine pounds... Looks like her brother... Mrs. G is recovering nicely. No Boozebay for me this year, Mrs. G gets out of the hospital Friday.

G

maxluff

Super Anarchist
Gulf of Maine
Regretfuly El Ocho will be entering the 'Ironstaysail' division of the Casco Bay to Boozebay race due to lack of crew on Friday... Regardless I will be at Hawk's at 1900 to give out the most prized bottles of Mt. Goofy!

Maxluff take it from an old dog. 2 people would be more than sufficient in what will likely be light air to sail that 4,000 pounder. Skip the chute if you need to and sail under your crusing rating.

Soggy

Reggie Bear said:
Maxluff take it from an old dog. 2 people would be more than sufficient in what will likely be light air to sail that 4,000 pounder. Skip the chute if you need to and sail under your crusing rating.
Yeah thats right dont fly a chute pussy :ph34r:
You are what you eat..... :p

maxluff

Super Anarchist
Gulf of Maine
yeh, would love to do it - but the second person would be my new bride. I do not think she would be pleased about that! :lol:

maxluff

Super Anarchist
Gulf of Maine
This REALLY sucks!

I have had to cancel attending Boothbay as 4 of my crew have had the following situations come up:

1. Birth

2. Death

3. Work (Or should I say lack of work if said person does not attend work..)

4. Surgery

That is 4 out of six legitimate reasons to not sail other than incarceration or military conscription!

Therefore I am available to slut myself out for a ride at Boothbay!~

Last edited by a moderator:
This REALLY sucks!I have had to cancel attending Boothbay as 4 of my crew have had the following situations come up:

1. Birth

2. Death

3. Work (Or should I say lack of work if said person does not attend work..)

4. Surgery

That is 4 out of six legitimate reasons to not sail other than incarceration or military conscription!

Therefore I am available to slut myself out for a ride at Boothbay!~
Sorry to hear this Max, well, not about the birth, but if I was available I'd volunteer to crew. Seems like there ought to be folks available, no? SSHOW?

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtdog

Super Anarchist
GMORA and PYC web sites have very different day 2 (race 4,5) PHRF Maine results. Is this due to the mistake made in race 5 mentioned earlier? what was the screw up course distance?

Soggy

I wish that they had a webcam at Hawks...I'm going to be going through serious withdraw this weekend. Reggie and Wedgie (hey that rhymes) keep me posted on the on and off wather activities.

Enjoy everyone

Soggy out -

Whiplash will be at Camden. Sorry i missed the free drinks at hawks, reggie. See most of you at Seguin next weekend. Anyone from A division not going other than Kaos? Scott always seems to be "cruising" that weekend. I'm sure there will be a lot of sailors from SYC that want to get one boats. I'm going to tell them to go to the skippers meeting on Sat. if anyone wants crew. If you know ahead of time, PM me.