Gulf of maine scuttlebut

dirtdog

Super Anarchist
Reading the post above I have struggled with a response, but wanted to offer something in response.

I have sailed with most on board Bandito for a long time and all are honest sailors, Dick is probably the most honorable guy I know. I am pleased to see that reflected here. We have started to sail the boat at rather tight angles down wind and did gybe back and forth several times close to "K" maybe this is what people saw, I do not know. My main concern is not that race but the way our fellow sailors percieve us. I believe the issue was covered in full on and off the water so I really do not have anything else to say on it.

We obviously thought the race was once around and I apologize to anyone who may have thought we finished since we dropped our chute and sat around confused for a while since we got a horn at the finish since a boat from another class was finishing when we did.

I hope this offers some clarity, and we look forward to seeing everyone in Seguin.

DD

Last edited by a moderator:

Soggy

Reading the post above I have struggled with a response, but wanted to offer something in response.
I have sailed with most on board Bandito for a long time and all are honest sailors, Dick is probably the most honorable guy I know. I am pleased to see that reflected here. We have started to sail the boat at rather tight angles down wind and did gybe back and forth several times close to "K" maybe this is what people saw, I do not know. My main concern is not that race but the way our fellow sailors percieve us. I believe the issue was covered in full on and off the water so I really do not have anything else to say on it.

We obviously thought the race was once around and I apologize to anyone who may have thought we finished since we dropped our chute and sat around confused for a while since we got a horn at the finish since a boat from another class was finishing when we did.

I hope this offers some clarity, and we look forward to seeing everyone in Seguin.

DD
Hi DD-

I wasn't there so can't comment on the race, but I'd take whatever Dick said to the bank as being gosple. I don't believe that anyone would question the integrity of Bandito. Look fwd to racing against you in Seguin.

- Soggy out

the Rack has decided not to go to Southport this weekend. Anyone have room for me? Would a small bribery of a bottle of rum help? thanks.
Please don't tell me it's because the skipper has to run the race this weekend.
no, engine problems, delivery and accomidation issues, and over-budgit issues in Boothbay last weekend. If I don't find a ride for the race, I'll come down anyway and put on my sad eyes and see if that gets me anywhere. If that does'nt work theres always shopping in Boothbay and come back for the barbeque.

Soggy

the Rack has decided not to go to Southport this weekend. Anyone have room for me? Would a small bribery of a bottle of rum help? thanks.
Please don't tell me it's because the skipper has to run the race this weekend.
no, engine problems, delivery and accomidation issues, and over-budgit issues in Boothbay last weekend. If I don't find a ride for the race, I'll come down anyway and put on my sad eyes and see if that gets me anywhere. If that does'nt work theres always shopping in Boothbay and come back for the barbeque.
Your coach awaits you, Pain Killer has room for 1.

suider

Super Anarchist
Reggie Bear said:
Down wind you certantly killed however tacking through 120 degrees isnt fast upwind.
2 words brother...

gybe set

geez, soggy gets the rs sailmaker on board and you set 'im up bearaway?!?

:lol:

as far as the uphill goes... angles weren't there maybe, but gotta do baby steps.... the boat was moving anyway (as opposed to pinching/stalling which used to be the norm)...

/c

(and no, kitty, we aint going to southport)

suider

Super Anarchist
can't kitty...

my g/f's sister is coming in from texas this afternoon, so...... i have a full weekend of activities.....yay.

sux. there are prolly some people from the 'rack that are gonna be looking...

/c

flyonwall

yea, not sure why we didn't do a gybe set. Mr. Tactician thinks for some reason "we" are faster because it prevents "us" from making dumb mistakes.

so instead "we" sail into a hole

whatever its a thursday night

BTW.. 1000 posts anyone?

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist
I just have to do the 1000 post here. Here it is:

I hear Big Daddy Doyle is going to emerge with a 6 rater next year.

Inquiring Kittys want to know...

Kitty in Drag

Anarchist
Sider:

If your G/F sister looks like your G/F Im sure she would be welcome too.

Kitty says purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

suider

Super Anarchist
Sider:If your G/F sister looks like your G/F Im sure she would be welcome too.

Kitty says purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
:lol: :lol:

she does.

just have too much on the go to go sailing this weekend....

and fly on the wall... you are 100% right about it just being a thursday... we have just had such a struggle getting the boat going this season, so even a small victory felt good, yknow?

/c

mainefarr43

hoping as many of you as possible can make it to the bruce schwab dinner tonight. he is a great guy, and we'll all have killer bragging rights in summer 2008/2009 ie: i raced w/him, against him, beat him! etc...in gmora summer 2006. adjust your schedules, grab your friends, open your wallets, and get w/the program tonight, osprey restaurant, robinhood marine center, georgetown. we'll have shuttle service via boat back too boothbay, southport etc...if you can't drink $100 worth of beer, rum, etc...you have no business calling youself a drunk, i mean sailor, so save the excuses and get it together.

Latest posts