Gunboat 72V

Ruminator

Florida
For the price of the HH44,
And that price would be?: ________________________________

GB doesn't make anything smaller than a 68 these days, so really they are in competition with Outremer, Marsaudon, Lagoon, Catana and Kinetic.
That was a heated point, battled above in this thread. 

But your point is (mostly) correct: Outremer, Marsaudon, Lagoon, Catana (maybe - but doubtful these days) and Kinetic.

F18 Sailor

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD
And that price would be?: ________________________________

That was a heated point, battled above in this thread. 

But your point is (mostly) correct: Outremer, Marsaudon, Lagoon, Catana (maybe - but doubtful these days) and Kinetic.
Per the last paragraph in this article, the HH44 starts at $1.2M: https://www.catsailingnews.com/2021/08/hudson-yacht-unveils-new-cat-the-hh44.html

I have ~$1.6M for the base price of a KC54.

I think you could be into a Marsaudon ORC50 for under $1M, but that is a simpler boat with less creature comforts.

I would say it depends on your exact comparison between brands, to cross Outremer completely off the list would be a bit unfair, as the 45 and 4X are pretty direct competitors to the HH44. I certainly agree that a Lagoon would be a step down, and probably Catana as well, at least in terms of build quality.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
I quite like the cabin size & styling on the HH 44. Undecided on the transoms - seems like a bit of extra complexity/hassle to have swim steps. Would like to see where the transoms float, also.

Ruminator

Florida
Per the last paragraph in this article, the HH44 starts at $1.2M: https://www.catsailingnews.com/2021/08/hudson-yacht-unveils-new-cat-the-hh44.html

I have ~$1.6M for the base price of a KC54.

I think you could be into a Marsaudon ORC50 for under $1M, but that is a simpler boat with less creature comforts.

I would say it depends on your exact comparison between brands, to cross Outremer completely off the list would be a bit unfair, as the 45 and 4X are pretty direct competitors to the HH44. I certainly agree that a Lagoon would be a step down, and probably Catana as well, at least in terms of build quality.
Ah, I thought perhaps you had inside information.  Second hand verbiage is also bring the ORC57 in at $1.3M usd.  Marsaudon Composites ORC57 - Catamaran Review -Katamarans  Might be other articles proclaiming different numbers...

Personal perception and judgement towards what constitutes competition to this offering is all good with me.  We just have different answers.

Last edited by a moderator: