Gunboat new and improved website

jadam79

Oklahoma
To all,

Take the time to check out the new website. I am new here but have narrowed our selections for our future down to Gunboat and one other as the only choices to consider. My congradulations to Mr. Johnstone and his professional team for the update as I am sure it will generate a lot of buzz (as if you need it). Fair winds my friends!

Vgree

Super Anarchist
OKC, Oklahoma
Adam,

Where in Oklahoma do you sail out of? Don't recognize your name and I know most of the guys in oklahoma. let me know, always wanting to meet anarchist.

jadam79

Oklahoma
Adam,

Where in Oklahoma do you sail out of? Don't recognize your name and I know most of the guys in oklahoma. let me know, always wanting to meet anarchist.

Mr. Green,

Just getting started and informed on the dream. I have concentrated heavily on my business since moving to the area from CA. Now that things are freeing up I am moving forward to make everything a reality in the coming years. I am as much a rookie/newbie as i can be besides my small craft US Navy time (5 years) and my time working on fishing boats when I was really young out of Eureka, CA. Thanks for the 'hello!'

loop

farr out
large instrument pod above front window, small overhead hatches - not much of a view of rig and sails from the inside steering station ....

Last edited by a moderator:

GregLynn

Who designed the 55? Looks similar to the 60 so is it Nigel Irens? Under team all I found was information on Peter Johnstone.

Adam, thank you for the kind comments on the new site. Stop by our yard in NC to see how we build boats. That should narrow your choice down to one...I hope.

Squid, all of our new Gunboat series are by Nigel Irens. We need to rewrite several bits of the website still. Irens will get plenty of mention, as will our new US production, the 60 sea trials currently underway in XIamen, China, etc.

Loop, try it before you form a judgement. The view of the sail plan is plenty good. Get aboard and you will see.

Soma...if you thought the 66 series had nice details, I think you might be blown away by these new series. The 60 is very impressive in light winds on all points. The retractable props allow a slippery drag-free underbody. Today should be the first day of good breeze. Gently working the 60 up the load range. Pushing a little more each day. The hybrid system is a game changer for world cruising. We ended up with our system in the end.

jadam79

Oklahoma
Mr. Johnstone,

your are very welcome. I do indeed plan on coming by in my future travels this fall perhaps. I am interested in what can be customized in the layout of the 60 and what cannot though i understand there are limitations. Also, my ideas may be impractical from your experience just for the simple fact I am inexperienced. I look forward to our future correspondence. good day.

Adam

Latest posts