Guns Must Microstamp in CA

G

You obviously know what a suppressor does. Your question is stupid. Childish. Vaccuous
That's redundant..... all you had to do was say that question is "special ed". Means the same thing.... ;)

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
He thinks you're really just trying to get in touch with your inner assassin....
He is just trolling for an argument. If he spins around in circles enough, he figures he can pull people into his whirlwind of stupidity. I am not sure what that says about me for knowing he is just trolling for an argument and still trying to reason with him.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Hearing damage is caused by endurance and level. If you have hearing damage from hunting, perhaps you should chose another sport. Millions of hunters without tinnitus will probably agree.
Good grief, I should know better than to expect anything more than trolling from you.

In any given year, only 10% of the hunters here in PA are successful. I am going to guess that those millions of hunters who never develop tinnitus and don't wear hearing protection are in the other 90%.

In any case, it is pretty clear there are some very valid reasons to want to suppress a rifle. If someone claimed the only reason you would want to put a muffler on a car is so you can steal it, they would be laughed at. Well the assertion that the only reason to put a muffler on a gun is to kill people is no less laughable.
Hello, Len. Gunfail.

It is not "laughable" to be concerned about the destructive capability of silencers in our culture. Creepy values are in play with guns.

Even the good men like you are basically full of it: you are a very sharp person, and your pro-gun homilies can be unconvincing.

Consistently.

Any bad guy with a suppressor is not thinking about hearing loss. There are too many bad guys out there.

When is enough enough for you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

El Mariachi

Super Anarchist
Jfc, and just HOW MANY Americans have been shot with a silencer/suppressor equipped firearm? In the last hundred years?.....

G

Absolutely, but at the range I always wear hearing protection. There is nothing there that I really want to hear. Since the onset of tinnitus I use the foam plugs with electronic muffs over the top.
I enjoy shooting suppressed at the range too.... I like the Schmmmmmack sound of the round hitting the steel plate at 700 yds.

Also, they are very useful for hunting because if you miss and have to take a follow-on shot, you have a much better chance of not spooking them. Its especially great for those twitchy deer in powerline cuts at 1900 yds.

I've never done it (yet) but the folks who do hog culls in TX, AR and FL almost always use suppressors. SOme of my friends who do it say they can get shots at at 3-4 hogs before the herd figures it out and bolts.

And finally, just for you specious eddy..... there is more to guns and accessories than just for hobbyists. If we have a tyrannical gov't that has shredded the constitution and usurped legitimate power and there happen to be some former cops and soldiers that have ignored their oath and are on the wrong side..... then a suppressor would be handy when having to apply 2A remedies.

Against all enemies, foreign and domestic.......

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
I remember Len justifying assault rifles for hunting because he stalks through bramble and the short barrel is ideal for it. Now he wants to stick a silencer on the end eliminating the benefit of having the short barrel. I think Len just thinks a silencer is cool and wants to play with one. That's ok. Too bad he just can't admit it.

I also find it fascinating that he has only been hunting for 2 years. Yet seems to have a lifetime of knowledge about hunting. Len, are you new to the gun culture?

G

Hearing damage is caused by endurance and level. If you have hearing damage from hunting, perhaps you should chose another sport. Millions of hunters without tinnitus will probably agree.
Good grief, I should know better than to expect anything more than trolling from you.

In any given year, only 10% of the hunters here in PA are successful. I am going to guess that those millions of hunters who never develop tinnitus and don't wear hearing protection are in the other 90%.

In any case, it is pretty clear there are some very valid reasons to want to suppress a rifle. If someone claimed the only reason you would want to put a muffler on a car is so you can steal it, they would be laughed at. Well the assertion that the only reason to put a muffler on a gun is to kill people is no less laughable.
Hello, Len. Gunfail.

It is not "laughable" to be concerned about the destructive capability of silencers in our culture. Creepy values are in play with guns.

Even the good men like you are basically full of it: you are a very sharp person, and your pro-gun homilies can be unconvincing.

Consistently.

Any bad guy with a suppressor is not thinking about hearing loss. There are too many bad guys out there.

When is enough enough for you guys?
How many assassinations by bad guys using suppressors in the last say...10 years? Suppressors have been all the rage for a while for anyone that wants to spend the $200 fee and the 6 month wait to pay $500 to $2000 for one. So you should have lots of data of crime committed committed with suppressed guns. I await your report.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
And finally, just for you specious eddy..... there is more to guns and accessories than just for hobbyists. If we have a tyrannical gov't that has shredded the constitution and usurped legitimate power and there happen to be some former cops and soldiers that have ignored their oath and are on the wrong side..... then a suppressor would be handy when having to apply 2A remedies.

Now you are talking. Domestic snipers are our first line of defense against tyranny. That is about the only justification for citizen silencers I can envision.

G

Now you are talking. Domestic snipers are our first line of defense against tyranny. That is about the only justification for citizen silencers I can envision.

No its not the ONLY one. But it is one.... One I sincerely hope never comes to pass in my lifetime. And so far there are no signs that it will either. I don't think the possibility is even slightly imminent. But its certainly not zero either. So in the meantime, I'm just going to continue to enjoy shooting steel plates and enjoying my hobby in a peaceful and benign way.

Edit: And I know you're just being your usual trolling fuckwad self, but it you are wrong that armed citizens are the first line of defense against tyranny. The Constitution is the FIRST line of defense. We are probably not even 2nd or 3rd down the list..... but we ARE an eventual line of defense if it comes to that.

Last edited:

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
I remember Len justifying assault rifles for hunting because he stalks through bramble and the short barrel is ideal for it. Now he wants to stick a silencer on the end eliminating the benefit of having the short barrel. I think Len just thinks a silencer is cool and wants to play with one. That's ok. Too bad he just can't admit it.

I also find it fascinating that he has only been hunting for 2 years. Yet seems to have a lifetime of knowledge about hunting. Len, are you new to the gun culture?
As with anything in life, it is a matter of balancing the benefits and costs of various configurations. When I am hunting in PA, I have a teensy little 16" barrel single shot which is very small, light, and easy to handle even with a suppressor. Then, if you noticed above, I am building an SBR on an AR15, which will be a 10.5" barrel so even with a suppressor attached it is shorter than a standard AR.

As to the apparent lifetime of knowledge, I read a lot and listen a lot. I am still a very new hunter with lots left to learn.

As to being new to the gun culture? As I pointed out many times before, the first time I shot a gun was just before my son left for boot camp and that was 3 years ago. So I guess that makes me a newbie.

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia

As with anything in life, it is a matter of balancing the benefits and costs of various configurations. When I am hunting in PA, I have a teensy little 16" barrel single shot which is very small, light, and easy to handle even with a suppressor. Then, if you noticed above, I am building an SBR on an AR15, which will be a 10.5" barrel so even with a suppressor attached it is shorter than a standard AR.

As to the apparent lifetime of knowledge, I read a lot and listen a lot. I am still a very new hunter with lots left to learn.

As to being new to the gun culture? As I pointed out many times before, the first time I shot a gun was just before my son left for boot camp and that was 3 years ago. So I guess that makes me a newbie.
Doin' any spring gobbler hunting? Saw a flock go thru the backyard (right at the edge of the woods) Saturday around noon. There musta been 14 hens - no Gobblers.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
Absolutely, but at the range I always wear hearing protection. There is nothing there that I really want to hear. Since the onset of tinnitus I use the foam plugs with electronic muffs over the top.
I enjoy shooting suppressed at the range too.... I like the Schmmmmmack sound of the round hitting the steel plate at 700 yds.

Also, they are very useful for hunting because if you miss and have to take a follow-on shot, you have a much better chance of not spooking them. Its especially great for those twitchy deer in powerline cuts at 1900 yds.

I've never done it (yet) but the folks who do hog culls in TX, AR and FL almost always use suppressors. SOme of my friends who do it say they can get shots at at 3-4 hogs before the herd figures it out and bolts.

I expect to use the suppressor at the range too, but all the ranges here are pretty busy, and since nobody else is suppressed, I am going to need ear pro there anyway. Some day, I would like to get some good nightvision optics and do a night time hog hunt. I think that would be a blast, and can imagine getting in multiple shots before the herd splits. It would also come in handy if I ever try coyote hunting.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist

I find a lot of rabid gunners new to the hobby. Mid life conversions. My preacher brother in law too. You remind me a lot of him. A lifetime of serving the poor and seeing the best in humanity, washed away as the addiction to the smell of gunpowder takes over. He now views strangers as the enemy who only want to kill him.

Those of us who have grown up around guns and hunting, not so much. We tend to see them as tools like hammers. We don't obsess over them and use them when necessary. Which is why my three guns rarely see the light of day. Last time was a few years ago when I was invited to shoot some skeet. It was fun and I'll do it again if the opportunity returns.

My daddy took me hunting as a youth, it just wasn't my bag. Too messy and I really don't like the flavor of wild game. He really didn't like it either but felt a duty to expose me to it. I felt no value in exposing my son to it. There are so many other ways to enjoy the great outdoors with your family.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
I find a lot of rabid gunners new to the hobby. Mid life conversions. My preacher brother in law too. You remind me a lot of him. A lifetime of serving the poor and seeing the best in humanity, washed away as the addiction to the smell of gunpowder takes over. He now views strangers as the enemy who only want to kill him.

Those of us who have grown up around guns and hunting, not so much. We tend to see them as tools like hammers. We don't obsess over them and use them when necessary. Which is why my three guns rarely see the light of day. Last time was a few years ago when I was invited to shoot some skeet. It was fun and I'll do it again if the opportunity returns.

My daddy took me hunting as a youth, it just wasn't my bag. Too messy and I really don't like the flavor of wild game. He really didn't like it either but felt a duty to expose me to it. I felt no value in exposing my son to it. There are so many other ways to enjoy the great outdoors with your family.
Good grief. Your brother in law, if he is a real person, sounds like a mess. I will let you know if my life starts spiraling down the shitter like his, but in the meantime I am enjoying life with my beautiful wife, working on building one business and starting another, hiking and fishing in the summer and hunting in the winter. But don't fret, if I start self destructing because of a gun addiction, I will make sure to let you know.

PS. in my limited experience, it is the field care of game meat which is the problem, not the meat itself. I have yet to find someone who does not love my venison burgers, venison carpaccio, or black bear chilli. I made a bear sausage stuffed turkey for Christmas that went faster than any turkey and stuffing I have ever made, and it was all non-hunters besides me.

poopie pants

Super Anarchist
the Bu
http://www.jjfu.com/why.html

pump-jack-3-jesse-and-chandler*600.jpg