Hangovers are now an "illness"

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
by 7 p.m. on a Saturday, urgent care facilities were closed.

Pure genius - close the ER's just before the Saturday night drunks start fucking themselves up. :rolleyes:

The American medical system really sets the standard for fucked up.

IrieMon

Super Anarchist
by 7 p.m. on a Saturday, urgent care facilities were closed.

Pure genius - close the ER's just before the Saturday night drunks start fucking themselves up. :rolleyes:

The American medical system really sets the standard for fucked up.
FYI - Urgent Care Facilities are not Emergency Rooms..... 

More Cowbell2

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49802749

Just wait till the French embrace this concept.   Paid time off for hangovers.

Seems reasonable. 

I vote for 2 days off at a minimum.  In home care may be required.
Naughty-Sexy-Nurse-Costume-MB-5145-.jpg

In home nurses, definitely required

On The Hard

Super Anarchist
San Antonio
FYI - Urgent Care Facilities are not Emergency Rooms..... 
Exactly! Which is why it is screwed up. ER docs are never covered under your plan (unless you are Medicare) and they aren't required to limit fees to whatever the insurance industry considers reasonable.

I ended up in an ER in rural South Texas with an infected finger. (No Urgent Care facility was open) The Doc looked at it for less than 30 secs, wrote a prescription for an antibiotic and billed me over $575. The Medicare standard for the diagnostic code was $57.98.  My insurance paid $61.04 and I sent them check for $100 and told them to accept it or we'd go to court. They took it.....(threatened to trash my credit but I made accepting the check a "full and Final Settlement")

wristwister

Super Anarchist
The Salish Sea
Hey now, we consider alcoholism to be a "disease" right? Then it only stands that hangovers are a symptom of that disease and should be treated like an illness.

In a similar fashion, we now consider  obesity to be a disease. Shouldn't cupcakes and rocky road ice cream be covered by insurance as a symptom of that disease?

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
My doctor suggested that at my age, and especially since I had the stroke, I should put a bar in my shower.

Nice idea, I said.  But how do I keep the ice cold?

IrieMon

Super Anarchist
Hopefully her salary and tips are covered by ACA....

iu

Last edited by a moderator:

mad

Super Anarchist
after this weekend, can reconfirm.... hangovers are an illness and i should have not had to go sailing for at least another two hours.
Gave up drinking too much before sailing after a couple of those nights a long time ago, I just can’t do both, flame away.  :p

I’ll wait for the end of regatta party instead. 

Gave up drinking too much before sailing after a couple of those nights a long time ago, I just can’t do both, flame away.  :p

I’ll wait for the end of regatta party instead. 
I usually do... After that time in Charleston where I wasn't sure if I was going to die or not - and how I felt about that... but this was a new ride, and when in rome y'know? The good thing was none of us could really hang as well as we thought we could so I didn't really stand out too much. And also very thankful i didn't need to pack and band any kites.