Harbor 20 Championship

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
Pit Scot against people with actual major credentials in a class where the boat and ratings aren't a factor?

What you been smoking, Great?

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Come on now - is there not one we can commandeer so the Ed can field Team Anarchy in Newport - I see that going so very well.
to say i am hated in newport beach would be an understatement. but I'd go. as for the dick comments aboug me not sailing od, nice try. did far east 23', j 24s, schock 35's, olson 30, moore 24 na's. 

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
Pit Scot against people with actual major credentials in a class where the boat and ratings aren't a factor?

What you been smoking, Great?
Major credentials ?   They expecting some hired-gun heavy-hitters in the H20 class are they ? :lol:

Nevermind that smell,  I was just disposing of some old rope.  That Willie Nelson left behind...

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
I'm reminded of Hunter Thompson trying to sneak into the Italian AC base to spray paint "Fuck the Pope" on the bottom of the 12-meter,  but getting chased away because of the rattling of the mixing ball being shaken up in the can.

What could go wrong with a flat-biller on Sunseeker row ?

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
to say i am hated in newport beach would be an understatement. but I'd go. as for the dick comments aboug me not sailing od, nice try. did far east 23', j 24s, schock 35's, olson 30, moore 24 na's. 
  Entry list is up.  Scott would be be put into "C" fleet as a newbie to the class. Unlikely he would get out of it. There are some serious people in that fleet who have been racing 20's thru the anchorage since the class got going. Lots of boat & local knowledge needed.

Plan on sailing with gramps this year. If I can't make it out there  gramps said Scott can take my place.  They will be sailing with a friend of his that designed a few of his boats back in the day. Some dude named Bruce.  Something about they can meet on the dock in front of the new club house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Participants must be members of the Harbor 20 Class Association. Helmspersons have to be owners and crew need to have done at least 12 races in the same boat in the previous 12 months. See attached.

View attachment 295401
"Only the Helmsman shall steer the boat during a race except for momentary relief in non-tactical situations."

image.png

Dude

Anarchist
Scott, I have a pretty good understanding of Newport Beach and the harbor. Not to be insulting but most would not recognize you in person, in fact,  for the ones that remember you still recall your efforts to help NOSA. You are not hatted in Newport Beach and I certainly call on you often for your help. Only Scott can answer how he feels he would do in our Class Championships. Every good sailor knows the names of the people that can beat him.

On a side note: Call me anytime and I would be more than willing to hand over the tiller to you in one of our fleet races. If you feel like going offshore and freezing your ass off I will open a spot for you on Horizon for the Islands race. There is some Newport Love for you!

Your friend

Len Bose

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts