Health Care workers won't take the injection. Hospital shuts down.

woodpecker

Beyond comprehension!
Interesting that NY was one of the hardest hit places on the planet with Covid. They must have lived thru and saw some pretty nasty stuff last year when they were filling refer trucks with bodies.

Last edited by a moderator:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
The hospital didn't shut down, the emergency room did.  If I had to go to an emergency room the last place I would go is one full of unvaxxed employees. Time for them to find another line of work.

FWIW the Houston Methodist hospital system was the first large one to mandate the vaccines - 119 quit or were fired for refusing, out of about 20,000.  One of those got publicity and claimed she would die before getting vaccinated.  She might get her wish.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Around the world, medical staff are leaving the industry.

They are absolutely exhausted.

The number leaving because of vaccine mandates is incredibly small. And won't be missed.

woodpecker

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
It sounds like you seriously doubt the efficacy of your Vaccine.
It sounds like you are jumping to conclusions.  My chances of getting the virus are low and serious illness even lower - however, for me to go to an emergency room would mean that something really bad happened.  Which could make me vulnerable - and if the staff at an emergency room doesn't believe in science i.e. the covid vaccine just exactly what else do they not believe in? 

But don't let me disturb your biased view on the world.

woodpecker

It sounds like you are jumping to conclusions.  My chances of getting the virus are low and serious illness even lower - however, for me to go to an emergency room would mean that something really bad happened.  Which could make me vulnerable - and if the staff at an emergency room doesn't believe in science i.e. the covid vaccine just exactly what else do they not believe in? 

But don't let me disturb your biased view on the world.
My wife is an ICU nurse (who is fully vaccinated). 
She wants you to wear a tag that states you do not want any un-vacanated health care workers working on you when you are brought into the ER.
This way you are sure to get a warm welcome from them.
BTW I am not Anti Vax. I am pro choice.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
She wants you to wear a tag that states you do not want any un-vacanated health care workers working on you when you are brought into the ER.
I seriously doubt she said or thinks that.  I want all the "pro choice" people to wear a fucking red hat so I can steer clear. You are the reason we can't have anything nice.   And wtf is un-vacanated anyways.

fufkin

Super Anarchist
It sounds like you seriously doubt the efficacy of your Vaccine.
The vaxxed vs unvaxxed numbers ending up in the emergency ward or dying, when expressed as a % of each population, are becoming painfully obvious to anyone who has managed to pass grade 5 math.

Just remember where to put each denominator, corresponding to both unvaxxed and vaxxed populations, and you’ll be good to go.

Maybe this article is firewalled, but here goes nothin.

https://apple.news/AmG_KuabNQUuo0GG1npdIcg

accnick

Super Anarchist
If you have chosen not to be vaccinated, you have demonstrated that, at least in this case, you are anti-vax. 

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
If I had taken the time to scan some of the other 'contributions' here I would have just pointed out the OP lied in the thread title and let it go. Nobody got time for redhatted peckerheads who are working to keep the pandemic going.

buh bye.

Ncik

Super Anarchist
I am not Anti Vax. I am pro choice.
Is the outcome different?

If pro-choicers convince a significant portion of the population, through support of choosing not to be vaxxed, to not get the vax, what is the functional difference between anti-vax and pro-choice?

The USA over the past ~12 months is the proof in the pudding; high pro-choice, low vax, high case numbers, bad outcomes.