Herschel Walker Watch

hobie1616

Super Anarchist
West Maui
Senate candidate Herschel Walker questions evolution, asking, ‘Why are there still apes?’

Herschel Walker, the leading candidate for the Republican Senate nomination in Georgia, questioned evolution at an event over the weekend, asking why apes still exist if humans have evolved from them.

Walker made the remark Sunday during an appearance at Sugar Hill Church in Sugar Hill, Ga.

Polls show that Walker, who has been endorsed by former president Donald Trump, is the overwhelming favorite in the race for the GOP nomination to face freshman Sen. Raphael G. Warnock (D-Ga.) in the fall.

“At one time, science said man came from apes. Did it not?” Walker asked Chuck Allen, lead pastor of Sugar Hill Church, during Sunday’s event.

“Every time I read or hear that, I think to myself, ‘You just didn’t read the same Bible I did,' ” Allen replied.

Walker continued: “Well, this is what’s interesting, though. If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it.”

“You know, now you’re getting too smart for us, Herschel,” Allen responded.

As The Washington Post’s “Dear Science” columnists discussed at length in 2016, humans did not evolve from chimpanzees or any other great apes that are living today. Rather, humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestor that lived about 10 million years ago. They are now on different evolutionary tracks.

During the Sunday event, Walker also appeared to question in vitro fertilization and other forms of assisted reproductive technology.

“And then, the conception of a baby,” Walker said. “Let me tell you, science can’t do that. They’re still trying to do it, but they can’t, because there has to be a God.”

Walker’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The statements are the latest eyebrow-raising comments by Walker. In January, the Daily Beast reported on an August 2020 podcast appearance in which Walker promoted a “mist” that he claimed would “kill any covid on your body.”

Walker, 60, is a former University of Georgia and National Football League running back and College Football Hall of Famer. He has received support from Trump and some other high-profile Republicans despite facing domestic violence allegations and questions about his business record and residency.

Walker’s ex-wife, Cindy Grossman, claimed in divorce filings that her former husband was physically abusive and threatened to kill her, forcing her to secure a protective order against him. She told ABC News in 2008 that Walker had pointed a pistol at her head before threatening to kill her.

Walker told Axios in December that he is “accountable” for his actions toward Grossman but declined to discuss specifics.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported last year that Walker’s ex-girlfriend told police in 2012 that when she tried to end her relationship with him, he threatened to “blow her head off” and then kill himself. Another woman has alleged Walker threatened and stalked her in 2002. No charges were filed in either of those cases, and Walker denies the accusations.

hobie1616

Super Anarchist
West Maui
Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker promoted a ‘mist’ that he claimed would ‘kill any covid on your body’

As the coronavirus was sweeping across the United States last summer and the country was still without a vaccine, Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker promoted a “mist” that he claimed would “kill any covid on your body.”

Walker, who is vying to unseat freshman Sen. Raphael G. Warnock (D-Ga.) and has been endorsed by former president Donald Trump, did not name the supposed product, which he claimed during an August 2020 podcast appearance was “EPA-, FDA-approved.” The Daily Beast reported Wednesday on the interview.

The newly-unearthed comments bring renewed scrutiny to Walker, who is already facing criticism over allegations that he threatened the lives of two women, including his ex-wife, and embellished his business record.

There is no known mist or spray that can prevent covid-19. The virus is mainly spread through close contact with droplets that are released when a person coughs, sneezes, speaks or breathes. It can also be spread through smaller virus-containing particles that remain in the air over longer distances and time, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“Do you know, right now, I have something that can bring you into a building that would clean you from covid as you walk through this dry mist?” Walker said during the August 2020 appearance on conservative host Glenn Beck’s podcast. “As you walk through the door, it will kill any covid on your body. EPA-, FDA-approved.”

He continued: “When you leave, that will kill the virus, as you leave this here product. Then, I have something — you can go and spray down this product. Do you know? They don’t want to talk about that. They don’t want to hear about that.”

Walker’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
And join that other intellectual heavyweight Tommy Tuberville
I think it's worse than that. Black + Christian + Republican = big trouble. As totally evil whacknut Candace Owens says to this effect: Blacks don't have to be Democrats any more. Politics is pie. 60 years after the CRA, lotsa people don't see the progress hoped for and want a larger slice. This means others slices will be smaller.

I wish Walker were running against Abrams in GA. That would define the sides more distinctly. 

fufkin

Super Anarchist
Is it possible he is suffering from CTE and we are just seeing it play out in public.

I am NOT trying to be funny.
He’s led a fairly interesting life post football...sorry to hear that he might have slipped sideways or backwards in the last decade.

His achievements in physical fitness have been extraordinary, though perhaps accompanied with some mental issues that may not age well.

Here’s an article from over a decade ago that alludes to some of his mental illness challenges, that surfaced post football,  which may or may not be related to (amplified by?) CTE type degradation.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/10/11/herschel.fitness.martial.arts/index.html

mikewof

mikewof
I think it's worse than that. Black + Christian + Republican = big trouble. As totally evil whacknut Candace Owens says to this effect: Blacks don't have to be Democrats any more. Politics is pie. 60 years after the CRA, lotsa people don't see the progress hoped for and want a larger slice. This means others slices will be smaller.

I wish Walker were running against Abrams in GA. That would define the sides more distinctly. 
Why would the pigmentation of the man's skin matter? Is there some moral outrage that we are supposed to have about Black people being Conservatives? Or is this just another case of White Middle Class Liberals showing abject racism?

In this thread it seems that at least a few millionaires with sailboats have convinced themselves that the only way a Black man could have Conservative Christian opinions is if he has brain damage.

Fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Why would the pigmentation of the man's skin matter? Is there some moral outrage that we are supposed to have about Black people being Conservatives? Or is this just another case of White Middle Class Liberals showing abject racism?

In this thread it seems that at least a few millionaires with sailboats have convinced themselves that the only way a Black man could have Conservative Christian opinions is if he has brain damage.

Fuck.
Conservative Christian opinions includes partner abuse? Well, I didn't know that. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
I know lots of black conservatives, but they also know that they have no home in the openly racist GOP. 

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Why would the pigmentation of the man's skin matter? Is there some moral outrage that we are supposed to have about Black people being Conservatives?....
Nope. Nor is there any racism in observing a person saying extremely stupid shit, whether it's you or a famous Black man.

- DSK

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Why would the pigmentation of the man's skin matter? Is there some moral outrage that we are supposed to have about Black people being Conservatives?
I took the comment as a simple Red Team vs Blue Team thing, where it'd be a concern for any demographic to make a significant move between teams and what with him being famous and all...  

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Uh, it's not racism to point out the exploitation of certain people - Look - we have a black friend so you have to be nice to him/her.  See Clarence Thomas for an example.  South Park has Token.  At Trump rallies the black ones are prominently featured behind Trump to show diversity. Candice Owens has important stuff to say so pay attention.  One party does this, the other doesn't have to being more inclusive.

Meanwhile, Colin K worked out in Houston with his trainer and some receivers and 99% of the comments were he is a racist.   I am not making this shit up.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Black republicans in the current day seem to be inordinately stupid.  Here’s Candace opining on Ukraine.

Wow, “genocidal colonization” is interesting. Again, going back to my point about people being stupid, you know, he’s not trying to commit a genocide of the Ukrainians. That obviously makes no sense because there’s very, there is no difference, ethnically, from Ukrainians and Russians, obviously. Ukraine wasn’t a thing until 1989. Ukraine was created by the Russians. It was, you know, they speak Russian.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/candace-owens-falsely-declares-ukraine-wasnt-a-thing-until-1989/

Last edited by a moderator:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Why did you assume the characters name was spelled that way?  Because he is black?

His name is Tolkien, as in J.R.R. 

Just having some fun with you:
Weirdly, last evening was channel surfing and that exact bit was on.  It's one of the few shows that can gross me out while still being funny. Somedays it feels like the entire planet could use a big lighten up Francis moment.