Hillary being a cunt on gun control

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I still don't advocate arming anyone.

But I have updated this in light of Mid's constructive criticism. Better?

"We’re introducing an updated (Assault Weapon, Ordinary .22) Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon or ordinary .22, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote. 

“This bill won’t stop every mass shooting, but it will begin removing these weapons of war from our streets. The first Scary Looking Weapon Ban was just starting to show an effect when the NRA stymied its expansion to cover ordinary .22's in 2004. Yes, it will be a long process to reduce the massive supply of these (assault weapons, ordinary .22's) in our country, but we’ve got to start somewhere. 

“To those who say now isn’t the time, they’re right—we should have extended the original ban 13 years ago, before hundreds more Americans were murdered with these weapons of war. To my colleagues in Congress, I say do your job."

Joining Senator Feinstein on the bill are Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.).

• Downvote
Reactions: Mid

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
OK, OK, here's the unaltered original. But it's not as funny and is less accurate than mine.

"We’re introducing an updated Assault Weapons Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote. 

“This bill won’t stop every mass shooting, but it will begin removing these weapons of war from our streets. The first Assault Weapons Ban was just starting to show an effect when the NRA stymied its reauthorization in 2004. Yes, it will be a long process to reduce the massive supply of these assault weapons in our country, but we’ve got to start somewhere. 

“To those who say now isn’t the time, they’re right—we should have extended the original ban 13 years ago, before hundreds more Americans were murdered with these weapons of war. To my colleagues in Congress, I say do your job."

Joining Senator Feinstein on the bill are Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.).
https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=press-releases&id=8B3E8400-766E-4B5E-B59B-C800BB52A973

bpm57

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Lets not forget that many of these senators are firm believers in states rights when it comes to some gun laws (like national reciprocity), but believe in federal laws for other gun laws (like Feinsteins latest AWB)

Mark K

Super Anarchist
hmmmm.  this was a fun thread.  
 The North Koreans are probably in awe of the NRA's mad skilz.The NRA and associated groups have demonstrated an ability to brainwash the Real Americans into continuing to believe only Democrats grab gunz, and to the point of not being able to see the R behind the names of Don Trump and Rudy "The NYC Gungrabber" Giuliani, his BFF. I've been told the Norks, whose brainwashing techniques in the Korean War gave rise to the term, were able to get people to honestly see only what they had been conditioned to see. A conditioning so thorough they make someone look at red stop sign and honestly report that it was green and said "Go!". 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
3 hours ago, Mark K said:

The North Koreans are probably in awe of the NRA's mad skilz.The NRA and associated groups have demonstrated an ability to brainwash the Real Americans into continuing to believe only Democrats grab gunz, and to the point of not being able to see the R behind the names of Don Trump and Rudy "The NYC Gungrabber" Giuliani, his BFF. I've been told the Norks, whose brainwashing techniques in the Korean War gave rise to the term, were able to get people to honestly see only what they had been conditioned to see. A conditioning so thorough they make someone look at red stop sign and honestly report that it was green and said "Go!". 

How about you, Mark? Do you have a position on TeamD's primary gun control goal of banning (assault weapons, ordinary .22's)?

Mark K

Super Anarchist
I've said before that I trust Trump on guns exactly as long as he thinks leaving me alone is good for Trump, and then would expect him to revert to his NE  ways and return to his past support of bans on (assault weapons, our .22's).

As for Giulianio, I just always still see him this way:

giuliani-handgun-control.jpg

Citing stuff like that as reasons both halves of the Duopoly are pretty much the same used to really make TeamR guys crazy. But it was true.

It's no longer true. For now at least, Trump says he doesn't wish to return to his prior support of a ban on (assault weapons, ordinary .22's).

And it's not the NRA saying that this list is only TeamD:

How about you, Mark? Do you have a position on TeamD's primary gun control goal of banning (assault weapons, ordinary .22's)?
Not really. Discussing the question with someone who can't tell the difference between these two rounds...

22_223a.jpg

...would be a discussion with either a moron or a victim of mental illness. Perhaps someone who has been horribly brain-washed, I dare not guess.  I think it best to leave such in the hands of professionals.    

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
But I do know the difference.

The TeamD Senators, apparently, do not. Which is  why my wife's Ruger 10/22 is specifically included in the ban I asked you about.

They may be too stupid to discuss, but they're powerful US Senators and people are talking about some as Presidential prospects.

Haven't had enough of Presidents who are too stupid to discuss?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
But I do know the difference.

The TeamD Senators, apparently, do not. Which is  why my wife's Ruger 10/22 is specifically included in the ban I asked you about.

They may be too stupid to discuss, but they're powerful US Senators and people are talking about some as Presidential prospects.

Haven't had enough of Presidents who are too stupid to discuss?
Just keep pushing back against reasonable measures to keep our streets and schools safe. You’ll lose in the long run.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I truly don't think that the intention of the (proposed?) bill has any intention of restricting .22 cal. rifles. We're talking about .223, .220 Swift .222 Remington, etc. These are not the honey bee sized bullets that your wife shoots.

But while we're on the subject..... Are you any worse for calling Hillary a cunt than Samantha Bee is for calling Ivanka a cunt, or Roseanne is for calling Valerie Jarret the offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood, and "Planet of the Apes"...?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I truly don't think that the intention of the (proposed?) bill has any intention of restricting .22 cal. rifles.
Then you truly haven't read it. I truly have.

And I cited the section covering my wife's gun in what seemed the appropriate thread.

Here it is again:

n fairness, Feinstein's bill doesn't cover ALL Ruger 10-22 squirrel assault rifles.

The proposed law says:

‘‘(36)   The   term   ‘semiautomatic  assault  weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

‘‘(A)  A  semiautomatic  rifle  that  has  the  capacity  to  accept  a  detachable  magazine and any 1 of the following:

‘‘(i) A pistol grip.

‘‘(ii) A forward grip.

‘‘(iii)  A  folding,  telescoping,  or  detachable stock.
   ‘‘(iv)  A  grenade  launcher  or  rocket  launcher.
   ‘‘(v) A barrel shroud.
   ‘‘(vi) A threaded barrel.

‘‘(B)  A  semiautomatic  rifle  that  has  a  fixed magazine  with  the  capacity  to  accept  more  than  10 rounds,  except  for  an  attached  tubular  device  designed  to  accept,  and  capable  of  operating  only  with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
That last bit exempts my assault weapon.

There is also a list of exemptions for various models of rimfire rifles. It says, in part:

‘‘Ruger  10/22  Autoloading  Carbine  (w/o folding stock)
‘‘Ruger 10/22 Compact
‘‘Ruger 10/22 Sporter
‘‘Ruger 10/22 Target
The bolded part is the problem. My wife put a telescoping stock on her gun, indicating her disdain for the lives of children.
They specifically exempt a whole bunch of Ruger 10/22's but NOT the one with the telescoping stock.

Arguments that they didn't intend what they clearly wrote just don't hold water.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Then you truly haven't read it. I truly have.

And I cited the section covering my wife's gun in what seemed the appropriate thread.

Here it is again:

They specifically exempt a whole bunch of Ruger 10/22's but NOT the one with the telescoping stock.

Arguments that they didn't intend what they clearly wrote just don't hold water.
Then, to be perfectly honest, bring this to their attention, not ours. Otherwise you just sound like another whining asshole (Which I don't think you are).

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Then, to be perfectly honest, bring this to their attention, not ours. Otherwise you just sound like another whining asshole (Which I don't think you are).
But I'm trying to help.

"We’re introducing an updated Assault Weapons Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote. 

“This bill won’t stop every mass shooting, but it will begin removing these weapons of war from our streets. The first Assault Weapons Ban was just starting to show an effect when the NRA stymied its reauthorization in 2004. Yes, it will be a long process to reduce the massive supply of these assault weapons in our country, but we’ve got to start somewhere. 

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=press-releases&id=8B3E8400-766E-4B5E-B59B-C800BB52A973
They went to all that trouble to create a tool to get weapons of war like my wife's .22 off the streets and so I figured it would be OK to read it and talk about it.

My sources here are badlat quoting Senator Feinstein. It's not like I'm bringing in evil propaganda. They think we should discuss DOING SOMETHING.

Through such discussion, people such as yourself can learn interesting facts, like the fact that they definitely intend to cover our .22's.

What's so wrong about learning such things? Were you better off not knowing?

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I'm not the least bit afraid that they'll take my .22s away.

And I seriously doubt that even Diane Feinstein intends to inconvenience your wife.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I'm not the least bit afraid that they'll take my .22s away.

And I seriously doubt that even Diane Feinstein intends to inconvenience your wife.
Actually, my wife is the only person she does not intend to inconvenience. Because her bill is not just about banning .22's, but about background checks too.

As I detailed in the appropriate thread, anyone else who shoots her assault weapon in our back yard must first go to town for a background check.

The law DiFi proposed says this:

‘‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a temporary transfer of possession for the purpose of participating in target shooting in a licensed target facility or established range if—

‘‘(A) the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon is, at all times, kept within the premises of the target facility or range; and

‘‘(B) the transferee is not known to be prohibited from possessing or receiving a grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon.
Like every background check law, it doesn't just cover sales. It covers transfers. And some transfers are exempt from the background check requirement.

Like handing a gun to someone at a range.

But what kind of range? Well, she says, "a licensed target facility or established range."

My back yard isn't a licensed target facility but might be an established range. If you start digging in an area and find lots of shell casings, does that area then qualify as an "established range" for purposes of background check exemption?

Any fans of "universal" background checks want to chime in?
I think the answer to my question is obvious. There's no way in hell that DiFi would recognize my yard as an "established range" so anyone wanting to shoot my wife's battlefield .22 would need a background check. Except, of course, my wife.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Well come on up here Tom. I have a shooting range that the cops and prison officials all know about, and occasionally use. You and your wife can shoot as much as you like w/o fear of molestation, as long as you leave the turtles and the dog, and the cat alone...... Oh and the wife.... I don't let her near guns.