HobieOne with Laser rigging

New project… btw thanks for this forum.

I’ve come across (bought $250 ea) two HobieOne 12’s. I’m in painting right now but the plan is to power up to Laser Standard Sails (purchased, all in) with one getting a 25sf jib (RT From Sail Warehouse). Here are some photos…

Pray for this sinner. 😆

C2422F9A-4235-4C3F-8DE0-522DD4CA0C14.jpeg

38BF6AAD-C4FA-4549-BB38-918ECB8471C7.jpeg

B89BF967-E0AE-4A0C-BF2D-BEE1A8E73209.jpeg

93A06553-7EE5-4D49-B5D9-2C8BAC148582.jpeg

53F8C1D5-DD82-40C1-94BD-D14C74E1453B.jpeg

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
Hopefully the mast step will handle the loads. When I was as teen I went up against a Laser in one of those. Held with them decently upwind but once we turned the corner bye-bye went the Laser :LOL:

Decently fun boats, hard to find nowadays.

Foredeck Shuffle

More of a Stoic Cynic, Anarchy Sounds Exhausting
I was about to recommend 3M to buff and polish. Meguires, Turtlewax, other name brands would work for wax and keep them pretty and save money, the 3M label is not the cheapest.

Since the paint is new it only needs polish and wax, I prefer buffing first to get a nice finish, up to you. Make sure you move quickly while buffing or the new paint will heat up and mobilize under a buffer. The more it sits under the sun (good UV source) before buffing, the better. Give a quick wash if it sits out, then wipe with a micro cloth before buffing

If only you could rig them to use an RS Aero rig...

I was about to recommend 3M to buff and polish. Meguires, Turtlewax, other name brands would work for wax and keep them pretty and save money, the 3M label is not the cheapest.

Since the paint is new it only needs polish and wax, I prefer buffing first to get a nice finish, up to you. Make sure you move quickly while buffing or the new paint will heat up and mobilize under a buffer. The more it sits under the sun (good UV source) before buffing, the better. Give a quick wash if it sits out, then wipe with a micro cloth before buffing

RS rig… too much $$$.

ortegakid

Super Anarchist
Whitesboro,TEXAS
Do you still have that MX Ray? I played around with one as a teenager in Hawaii until I lost the rig going downwind in 25 with the kite up.

Have you seen the MX Next? Interesting little turbo dinghy. Right up your alley....
Yes, that is my current one, ALL redone, new correct rigging, sails, blades, bigger kite, very fun reaching, still a dog upwind compared to my IC

Last edited:

As I have a side with light runs, I’m going with a light 600, 1,000, 1,500 wet sand, medium deep cut with DA pad with Megiites 100 then final buff with harder pad and Mcguires 210?

Last edited:

Latest posts