Home Depot Anarchy

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Well yeah. Kinda.  And I hate to be that person.  I’ve been nice, I’ve been understanding, but I’ve had enough.  Time to write a letter.  A phone call doesn't do shit since there’s no documentation.

In short  I’m nearly 12 months  from the start of a small project. Project was not completed to normal building practices. And hd’s own managers admit (in writing) that the project was botched.  We’ve been back and forth and now they’ve gone silent for nearly 30 days.   

Ive got the home services head guys name/ address at corporate,  but I was hoping to find a name at the regional level. As well.  I figure talking to the home services head the store level won’t do crap for me anymore. 
well when you hire from the best, what do you expect?   

things you can do...

1. hire an expert who will ascertain the issue and how much it will take to make correct

2.  hire a lawyer to take the estimate and write a letter and file a lawsuit.

3. bend over as both above will cost you money

find a local television station, maybe they have one of those consumer complaints and see if you can get some coverage..   corporations hate bad coverage...

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean
Where was I?  Oh yeah, if you use a big box store sub-contractor to do anything more complicated than hooking up a dishwasher...well you don't get what you paid for.

Consider it a learning experience.  And from now on vet you who hire, because someone local running their own business woulda made you happy.

Marcjsmith

Super Anarchist
Washington DC
.  And from now on vet you who hire, because someone local running their own business woulda made you happy.
Thanks for the grade school lesson.  However We had interviewed and gotten quotes from both local and larger installers.  Was not a simple cut/dry window install.  Hd had done some complicated window work in the hood and had positive reviews from the neighbor, and I saw the work they had done first hand, they were not the cheapest option.

A local contractor ended up doing the work, as they were hired by hd, and the local contractor is the one who fucked up the initial measurement and the ensuing install.

I do have a call in to have a 3rd party come look at the windows and provide me a report as to how the install is fucked.  Such that I can include with my letter.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
You can find HD employees in you local store?

That is rare!
Been going to my local Ace/big tool box stores recently.  Really really happy people, Actually help, 100% due to the local ownership, but have not been disappointed in driving the extra 10 mins to get there...  Plus,

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Where was I?  Oh yeah, if you use a big box store sub-contractor to do anything more complicated than hooking up a dishwasher...well you don't get what you paid for.

Consider it a learning experience.  And from now on vet you who hire, because someone local running their own business woulda made you happy.

I thought most HD "Contractors" are other private guys or companies? No recourse with the sub-contractor company?

Marcjsmith

Super Anarchist
Washington DC
I thought most HD "Contractors" are other private guys or companies? No recourse with the sub-contractor company?
Honestly,  I don't want to muddy up the water any more,   I figure since I contracted with HD,  they are the ones on the hook.

I'm giving them 4 more days, which will be 30 days since last contact. which means I'll be able to unleash my Karen letter from hell on all the unsuspecting executives at Home Depot.  fear my wrath, you dogs...

In the end, I'm sure It will get circular filed, get passed around the office and laughed at, maybe I'll get an email "i'm sorry" type of response but, I've said my piece.   And I'll continue to move forward with disputing the charges and fighting that fight.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Honestly,  I don't want to muddy up the water any more,   I figure since I contracted with HD,  they are the ones on the hook.

I'm giving them 4 more days, which will be 30 days since last contact. which means I'll be able to unleash my Karen letter from hell on all the unsuspecting executives at Home Depot.  fear my wrath, you dogs...

In the end, I'm sure It will get circular filed, get passed around the office and laughed at, maybe I'll get an email "i'm sorry" type of response but, I've said my piece.   And I'll continue to move forward with disputing the charges and fighting that fight.
As long as nobody at HD thinks you're an asshole, I don't see what you have to lose.  

Marcjsmith

Super Anarchist
Washington DC
As long as nobody at HD thinks you're an asshole, I don't see what you have to lose.  
  But maybe that's why they keep ignoring my emails and phone calls.  They THINK I may be an asshole, but they aren't quite sure.

Wait until they get my letter.  Then they'll know for sure.   i'm not just an asshole.  I'm THE asshole, at least until the next letter arrives from another unhappy karen

But maybe that's why they keep ignoring my emails and phone calls.  They THINK I may be an asshole, but they aren't quite sure.

Wait until they get my letter.  Then they'll know for sure.   i'm not just an asshole.  I'm THE asshole, at least until the next letter arrives from another unhappy karen
no doubt somewhere in the fine print it says HD is Not a Contractor just a reference (like yelp etc)

Best of Luck at least it wasn't Lowe's (no place Lower)

Next time put it on yer AMEX Card - They Got Yer Back !!

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey

34586585-7D8F-4C9C-A312-B51E5D7B9A70.jpeg

peragrin

Super Anarchist

You really want service pay your lawyer to put it on their letter head and send it out to home depot legal dept.

Bet you get a response

Marcjsmith

Super Anarchist
Washington DC
Fuckers,  They called yesterday.  Its like they are toying with me trying to come in under their deadline.... 

which in the grand scheme of things is a good thing.  I'd like the job finished and finished properly.

Last edited by a moderator: