How about a The Ocean Race Europe thread?

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
E24FwBOWYAMjt5L

bucc5062

Super Anarchist
United States
They must have finished by now surely?
Finished or wandering around confused as to what just happened.  Would have LOVED to see that finish live, but will acccept the tracker.

I though the Austrians had it or a top 3, but man did Amber do a fantastic job in the end.  It looks like mixed wx will keep these fleets close so I now expect close racing and finishes for the other legs.

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Finished or wandering around confused as to what just happened.  Would have LOVED to see that finish live, but will acccept the tracker.

I though the Austrians had it or a top 3, but man did Amber do a fantastic job in the end.  It looks like mixed wx will keep these fleets close so I now expect close racing and finishes for the other legs.
It looks like there was no finish line..! Tracker still saying no boat has finished. That's bullshit obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

JonRowe

Super Anarchist
Offshore.
I thought it was the outrigger at first (forgot about the foils).  Now that I watch it again, I can see the starboard foil hit the port side of Ambersail's transom.
I agree I rewatched the official video with the replay, and it was a very clear "foil transom" hit.

It's an interesting one they came in with so much speed and surely knew they would hit? Did they go for a luff at the end? 
I don't want to cast shade because anyone who has been offshore knows you can make simple mistakes when sleep deprived, but its like they got caught up in the VO65 fleet battle and forgot they were an IMOCA with a big ass foil out the side.

I couldn't see anyone looking to leeward in the video, just a huddle in the cockpit and someone at the mast who I assume was the OBR taking video?