How about a The Ocean Race Europe thread?

drm_ovl

The race is on (again)

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 15.26.34.png

bucc5062

Super Anarchist
United States
Well Hot damn, if you believe the tracker the Austrians finished First.  They truly sailed their hearts out and I can only imagine if they had the same sail suite as the other 65s could they hang in all conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nochmal

And for the VO65s...  (doh, sorry JohnRowe, initially all I saw in your post was the IMOCAs...)

image.png

yl75

Super Anarchist
France
What a mess the communication on this one, and the line didn't even show up on the tracker.

Feels like there was a bit of panic in their comm team (if it exists at all).

furler49

Worldwide
Miripuri last... That's going to hurt and surely 11th Hour are going to be placed last following a protest from Childhood. Having watched the video what I cannot understand is why put yourself in that position against a fleet you're not racing... 

bucc5062

Super Anarchist
United States
AmberSail should protest :D
Seriously,  Rerunning the tracker it was a tight race between Austria, Poland, Childhood when Amber came roaring in.  Right at the end they were in first (for a few updates so how the hell do they finish in 6th.  The racing was amazing, but the presentation looks like a elementary school media committee. 

What an insane finish... but it feels a lot like lottery, which IMHO isn't the best. Really tough for Mirpuri, and Corum wins while it didn't lead ever ?

Anyway, that was fun... hopefully next leg won't be as much lottery.

bclovisp

Ici
it's a vicious circle: if you have no funding, you can only afford a comms intern...if you don't have good comms it's hard to get more funding...

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Lots and lots of small onboard clips to down- and then upload.
Will post the link when a considerable number is uploaded :)

The media center download function is not the most comfortable.