How is your town doing? Local Reports.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
New Zealand wide we have 90% double vaccinated for over 12 years. Auckland is 95%.

The booster vaccination has only just started and is available to everyone at 4 months since their 2nd jab.
Gibraltar 100 percent vaccinated 

BCF3E60C-C13C-43B9-84D9-299C8E1EA27C.png

2FA280D7-2176-492F-8547-3EFC637B8E16.png

Last edited by a moderator:

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
1. According to the link you have posted, Gibraltar has no idea what percentage of the population has been vaccinated. "We dont know how many people have ultimately received both doses".

2. The data you posted suggests that Gibraltar is a "Vaccine Vacation" destination, where people visit for some sun, selfies with the monkeys, and a vaccine shot.

3. The data also suggests that Gibraltar has been less affected than North America UK and Europe by the recent Omicron surge. So perhaps it does have a relatively high vaxx rate.

Thank you for your pithy insights.                      

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Florida is doing marvelous - setting records daily for COVID positive.

Low intellectual capacity may not be curable but willful ignorance and gullibility are.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
1. According to the link you have posted, Gibraltar has no idea what percentage of the population has been vaccinated. "We dont know how many people have ultimately received both doses".

2. The data you posted suggests that Gibraltar is a "Vaccine Vacation" destination, where people visit for some sun, selfies with the monkeys, and a vaccine shot.

3. The data also suggests that Gibraltar has been less affected than North America UK and Europe by the recent Omicron surge. So perhaps it does have a relatively high vaxx rate.

Thank you for your pithy insights.                      
Put on your glasses

Gibraltar is 2,261 infections per 100,000 last seven days 

the USA is 1,150 per 100,000 last seven days 

part of the large testing positively difference could be Americas very poor testing regime 

Gibraltar shares its tiny border with Spain, many Gibraltar residents and the eligible Spanish workforce ,live in Spain and commute to work …these people plus their families were vaccinated to ensure the functioning of the economy ….hence the difficulty giving exact vaccine coverage 

you make yourself look like a fool when you compare Gibraltar citizens   to monkeys 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
141 of my kids high school district tested positive yesterday. 9,000 total students, so using Sluggo's metric of choice, 1,567 of 100,000

But, in the class reporting saying that more than 50% of kids are out. Likely as parents saw those numbers above (email yesterday afternoon) and pulled their kids out. 

Word on our local PBS station today is that our county has cancelled all voluntary surgeries for the moment, and that the ICUs in a couple of the local hospitals are back at 100% capacity, no more beds, or more likely, not enough staff. 

fufkin

Super Anarchist
I’m at a mass vaccine clinic right at the moment...as we have a high double Vax rate, the vast majority of adults here, including myself, are here for boosters I’d assume. As Canada has approved paediatric 5-11 age shots, and as more children are starting to show up in hospital, I see some parents with kids here.

Our hospitals have hit a code orange here in Toronto. As the icu capacities are being challenged, other surgeries are being canceled. The provincial government has issued a 21 day‘short circuit’ lockdown for bars/restaurants/gyms etc.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Put on your glasses

you make yourself look like a fool when you compare Gibraltar citizens   to monkeys 
No glasses prescription on earth is going to help people observe data the way that you do.  I would have to write a prescription for a very large dose of 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, to get someone to your space.

The data you presented gave no clue as to infection rate or vaccination rate.  The only factual observation in your data was that the case numbers are still well below their prior peak.....unlike those of the US and UK.

The Barbary macaques monkeys are the single largest tourist attraction in Gibraltar, unless

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Put on your glasses
No glasses prescription on earth is going to help people observe data the way that you do.  I would have to write a prescription for a very large dose of 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, to get someone to your space.

...     ...
You misspelled "Lysergic Acid Diethylamide" although I'm not sure that's going to get anybody into Sluggo's keen observation and logic pathway without also being hit in the head with a hammer.

Repeatedly.

- DSK

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Still no mail. They plowed. Safeway Pharmacy has 1 pharmacist and one technician. The latter has worked there for years. For last 6 months she has worn a cloth mask below her mouth talking to even aged and infirm customers next to the sign saying masking is the law in there.  She goes back and talks to pharmacist ( in KN95) with mask down. Sometimes she pulls it up at the counter then pulls it down to talk to customers. Then she takes the gloved hand that fingers her mask front and touches all the pill bottles.

Maybe there is a union. I do not know why pharmacist allows this.  I really feel like Karening this and reporting it to health dept.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
You misspelled "Lysergic Acid Diethylamide" although I'm not sure that's going to get anybody into Sluggo's keen observation and logic pathway without also being hit in the head with a hammer.

Repeatedly.

- DSK
Different drug.

One is "mushrooms". The other is "acid".

I'm sure that Sluggo can resolve the issue for us .....or maybe not.

1. Shrooms

2. Acid

3. Repeated blows to the head with a hammer?

Cummon , share your secret sauce.

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
This is what is going on in our Ohio county of 75,000  

Cases are exploding  

Erie County’s health department reported 1,242 new cases of COVID-19, compared to 619 new cases reported the previous week

Of the 53 hospitalized for COVID-19, 34 are unvaccinated. The hospital said 18 COVID-19 patients are in critical care, with 13 of them unvaccinated. Firelands said five patients are on ventilators, with three of them unvaccinated.  

Some Covid patients from Erie may be hospitalized in other counties I am thinking. 

Get those pokes !!

A

Amati

Different drug.

One is "mushrooms". The other is "acid".

I'm sure that Sluggo can resolve the issue for us .....or maybe not.

1. Shrooms

2. Acid

3. Repeated blows to the head with a hammer?

Cummon , share your secret sauce.
It probably involves a chemical step through arsenic (purple barrel), which would explain a few things.…Sandoz was better, and Huxley had a point.

Last edited:

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Still no mail. They plowed. Safeway Pharmacy has 1 pharmacist and one technician. The latter has worked there for years. For last 6 months she has worn a cloth mask below her mouth talking to even aged and infirm customers next to the sign saying masking is the law in there.  She goes back and talks to pharmacist ( in KN95) with mask down. Sometimes she pulls it up at the counter then pulls it down to talk to customers. Then she takes the gloved hand that fingers her mask front and touches all the pill bottles.

Maybe there is a union. I do not know why pharmacist allows this.  I really feel like Karening this and reporting it to health dept.
You said there is one technician.   If the pharmacist complains to corporate, and they actually listen, there is no technician.   Scripts grind to a trickle.   Pharmacists get paid partially by output.   Or maybe the pharmacy is closed and he has to commute to whatever store is short handed that day.    

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
The situation is in flux.

The early tendency to attribute the recent surge entirely to Omicron is being revised

We were updated as follows today, (my highlighting)

MEMORANDUM
DATE: January 3, 2022
TO: Medical Staff
XXXXXXX, MD MS Director of Infectious Diseases
RE: COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Update
================================================================
The prevalence of COVID-19 variants remains dynamic. As you may know, the CDC has revised
downward the overall prevalence of Omicron in the US. The most current local data from the CT
DPH suggest that the Omicron strain makes up less than 50% of the circulating strains of COVID-19
Given this data along with the increasing rates of COVID-19 infection in the community, the
monoclonal antibody program is being adjusted starting Tuesday, January 4th as follows:
I’m not convinced omicron will replace delta, unless they cross protect well.    Have you seen data on that?    

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Another 67 positive cases at the HS yesterday. School sent out a note saying we've overwhelmed their contact tracing protocol and just assume that all kids are being exposed, potentially daily. 

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Thanks.  I very much hope those 33 people are representative and we get some immunity out of this.   My town has slowed down after a (delta) wave from Thanksgiving to Christmas.   Hopefully that fresh exposure minimizes the Omicron impact.   We're around 41% vaccination, reflecting religious and political affiliation.