How is your town doing? Local Reports.

A

Amati

End of the week report, 127 county wide, 4 in hospital on the mainland, up from ~80 last week.  For us, these are big increases.  Anti vaccers continue to demonstrate.  No kids in school last week because of snow/water problem- probably good thing.  

Last edited:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
End of the week report, 127 county wide, 4 in hospital on the mainland, up from ~80 last week.  For us, these are big increases.  Anti vaccers continue to demonstrate.  No kids in school last week because of snow/water problem- probably good thing.  
Kid showed me the latest: 76% attendance at school this week. 6% of student population tested positive first day back.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
1.2 in 50 active cases in my postcode today. area about 1 square kilometre.

almost 1 in 25 active cases in the postcode next door.

And that's with 82% in the area vaxxed

Omicron (I assume) is ripping though Lotus Land since Christmas and new year.

image.png

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
Not new, but cases exploding in my home county of Champaign. This is surely all Omicron, so hopefully will not be nearly as deadly as Delta, but the numbers are still very high. Hospital system has stopped elective procedures.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.23.26 PM.png

Hospital system testing results, skyrocketing.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.31.13 PM.png

Hospital system distinguishes vaccinated from unvaccinated patients, but I presume vaccinated only means two shots still. Please get vaccinated and boosted.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.32.32 PM.png

Ncik

Super Anarchist
By the local statistics, we're in the worst few days of the pandemic. Expectation is that all stats will continue increasing and peak in a few weeks. School opening delayed a fortnight to avoid more chaos at the peak. This is essentially our first wave.

We have deniers and anti-vaxxers ripping peoples masks off in shopping centres, the irony of them directly subverting others freedoms (by assault) is lost on them. And they wonder why we call them idiots.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Champaign county in east-central Illinois might have peaked for Omicron.

View attachment 485022
We have stopped reporting cases in our town, not to the state or to the CDC or to town residents. After many many months of painstakingly accurate data , including one on one calls to every reported case,,,,,the data has become totally meaningless. Nobody has accurate stats any more because home testing has increased exponentially and nobody is reporting positive cases.

Mea Culpa. Our son tested positive on Friday and we have nor reported it. Too busy.I bet Champaign County has over 2,000 cases.

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
Thanks Eye, I had read that this was the new pattern of testing in the USA, but not being on the ground (I am in Cape Town), was not fully aware of it. Interesting. Here the reported cases are way down as well, but might be a similar pattern in part.

A

Amati

We have stopped reporting cases in our town, not to the state or to the CDC or to town residents. After many many months of painstakingly accurate data , including one on one calls to every reported case,,,,,the data has become totally meaningless. Nobody has accurate stats any more because home testing has increased exponentially and nobody is reporting positive cases.

Mea Culpa. Our son tested positive on Friday and we have nor reported it. Too busy.I bet Champaign County has over 2,000 cases.
OMG, Trump was right!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Dashboard_ Hospitalization Overview.png

It looks like this wave is cresting.  ICU beds is 26.5% of capacity (imagine 26.5% added to your workload in any other field) but down from 30%.   The rise was very slow, so I expect the drop to be as well.   I guess the next wave will depend on cross protection, virulence and how many months it's been since the last vaccine was authorized.    We have at least 5 or 6 months.    This was our worst so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
This report is also from Ohio - Erie county, on the shores of Lake Eire 

Some indication of peaking

Numbers released Wednesday by the Erie County Health Department showed 1,341 new cases, down from 1,436 cases reported last week.

Firelands reported Wednesday it had 37 patients hospitalized because of COVID-19, including 21 who were unvaccinated. The hospital reported 12 patients in critical care due to COVID-19, including nine who are unvaccinated. It said it had six patients on ventilators, five of them unvaccinated.

Leeroy Jenkins

Super Anarchist
Vancouver
I just came back from two weeks in a work bubble - we test before entering and every three days while "inside".  In the last week my MIL, FIL and BIL developed symptoms, confirmed when one of them (a doctor) tested positive.  Friends (one a teacher) with 1 kid and friends (both teachers) with two kids have all had it/still have it, and on Tuesday a coworker came home to two sick kids, one confirmed by rapid test - right at the start of two months off.  I learned this morning that another friend has had symptoms for about five days.  All involved are fully vaccinated and boosted if eligible.  Most felt like they had bad colds but some really had their asses kicked.  

Up until this point the closest cases to me were the friends of friends of friends.  People I've never met in most cases and probably less than five total.

My dock neighbor is unemployed again because he "refuses to get a medical procedure he disagrees with".  Again.

A

Amati

I just came back from two weeks in a work bubble - we test before entering and every three days while "inside".  In the last week my MIL, FIL and BIL developed symptoms, confirmed when one of them (a doctor) tested positive.  Friends (one a teacher) with 1 kid and friends (both teachers) with two kids have all had it/still have it, and on Tuesday a coworker came home to two sick kids, one confirmed by rapid test - right at the start of two months off.  I learned this morning that another friend has had symptoms for about five days.  All involved are fully vaccinated and boosted if eligible.  Most felt like they had bad colds but some really had their asses kicked.  

Up until this point the closest cases to me were the friends of friends of friends.  People I've never met in most cases and probably less than five total.

My dock neighbor is unemployed again because he "refuses to get a medical procedure he disagrees with".  Again.
And now one of BC’s major health care systems apparently says that positive and negative patients can share the same hospital rooms.   :blink: