How to watch live races?

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
its not like they are getting ready for half the country to watch the Match, and not get away with paying for only a week.

bastards, they must be killed
Fuckers. Sky has a terminally ill product, but they're determined to kill it off by other than natural causes. 

Fucking wankers Sky are...make sure if you getting Fan pass get it for a month on the 23rd May....at least you'll get a month for $55.

We wanted to let you know about some changes we’re making to the passes available on Fan Pass.  We wanted Fan Pass to give Kiwis the freedom to dip in and out of sport by offering short-term flexible passes. However, sports rights aren’t cheap and it’s just not stacking up for us as much as we’ve tried to make it work. So we’ve had to make the following changes which will affect you:-  From 24th May, you’ll no longer be able to get a Day or Week pass on Fan Pass.

- The cost of the Month pass will increase from $55.99 per month to $99.99 per month from 24th May. 

- We’ll be introducing a 6 Month pass which will be a one-off payment of $329.99. It’s a big payment upfront but it still works out as less than $2 a day which is pretty good value. That could give you the entire All Blacks Season from kick off to the final whistle.  

If none of these changes are your cup of tea, SKY have got an offer where you can join SKY with no joining fee and get a $150 account credit on a 6 month Basic contract. If you want further information, call SKY on 0800 800 759The team at Fan Pass will still be working hard on the side line to make sure you’ve got a great sport streaming service to watch SKY Sport 1-4 and Pay-Per-View Events. Thanks

Clicked on your link.  Tried to register.  Got a message that says registration is not possible now due to it being a private community.

Barnyb

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
http://www.sailweb.co.uk/

And . . . London On-Water 2017 will be THE place to watch America's Cup Races in London!

With a big screen positioned on Marble Quay, the event will be a fabulous place for workers and residents in London to gather for some great on-water action, live from Bermuda!

Located in Central London at St. Katharine Docks, London’s premier marina, with newly upgraded pontoons, and a great new time to coincide with The America's Cup.

barfy

Super Anarchist
Fucking wankers Sky are...make sure if you getting Fan pass get it for a month on the 23rd May....at least you'll get a month for $55.

We wanted to let you know about some changes we’re making to the passes available on Fan Pass.  We wanted Fan Pass to give Kiwis the freedom to dip in and out of sport by offering short-term flexible passes. However, sports rights aren’t cheap and it’s just not stacking up for us as much as we’ve tried to make it work. So we’ve had to make the following changes which will affect you:-  From 24th May, you’ll no longer be able to get a Day or Week pass on Fan Pass.

- The cost of the Month pass will increase from $55.99 per month to $99.99 per month from 24th May. 

- We’ll be introducing a 6 Month pass which will be a one-off payment of $329.99. It’s a big payment upfront but it still works out as less than $2 a day which is pretty good value. That could give you the entire All Blacks Season from kick off to the final whistle.  

If none of these changes are your cup of tea, SKY have got an offer where you can join SKY with no joining fee and get a $150 account credit on a 6 month Basic contract. If you want further information, call SKY on 0800 800 759The team at Fan Pass will still be working hard on the side line to make sure you’ve got a great sport streaming service to watch SKY Sport 1-4 and Pay-Per-View Events. Thanks
i still can't find the option to purchase a months pass on the site. Can you share a linky please?

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ

So it looks like Sky NZ has well and truly dropped our pants and dry rooted our tight arses!

They have removed the option for monthly passes until the 24th

Then the price doubles to $99 / month with the other option a 6 month $330 option ($55 per month). Looks like I'll be using a different streaming site (there are plenty of them available to watch for free)

barfy

Super Anarchist
and racing starts on the 26th...only 2 days to gain back all the $ they spent on the rights

need to wait until the 28th to watch the entire thing. 

bet the price drops and they go back to daily and weekly right after the match.

trig42

Auckland, NZ
and racing starts on the 26th...only 2 days to gain back all the $ they spent on the rights

need to wait until the 28th to watch the entire thing. 

bet the price drops and they go back to daily and weekly right after the match.
And the Lions have gone home...

Assholes (Sky, not the Lions).

barfy

Super Anarchist
i thought I remember some talk of a facebook live broadcast of the Quals? Can't see any mention on the ACDUH site.

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
And the Lions have gone home...

Assholes (Sky, not the Lions).
Sky is a bunch of venal, avaricious and rapacious arseholes.

I ditched their service a couple of years ago when the light dawned and I realised Sky was costing me $1600-$1700 annually.

Was ready to go back using Fan Pass for a month for $55.

Price has just doubled on the eve of the America's Cup, British Lion's Rugby tour of NZ and major European tennis championships.

Fuck 'em I say. And the mangy horse they rode it on.

I've some good News to share especially to those who do not want to pay for the AC App:

I've secured America's Cup Coverage from BT Sport from May 26th to June 4th (the entire AC Qualifiers + the first Day of the Semifinals). Unfortunately the User who is recording it will be out of the Country from June 6-20 so no recordings at least from him during that Period.

All Content will be uploaded to HD-SportBits. They're a private Community so you can't register there right now. Invitations will be sent out in due course closer to Race Time.

The Content you download there is strictly prohibited from sharing on YouTube or other devices.

For ANYONE who wants an Invite please PM me  :)
Did you speak to the guys at ServusTV?

I believe they will put the whole show on the web anyway.

nav

Super Anarchist
blah blah...

Just as the America’s Cup has evolved and grown on the water, so has its global attraction, interest levels and international media coverage as the competition continues to break new ground.

m3293_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_14940227809DB4.jpg
© Ricardo Pinto

The roots of the America’s Cup can be traced to 1851 and the Isle of Wight in the UK’s Solent, and then across the Atlantic to New York and the numerous events that were held in US waters as the USA dominated the sport until 1983.

Now, America’s Cup racing has been seen live in Japan for the very first time, at the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series Fukuoka event in November 2016, and the sport has just left its mark on the US mainland in a seriously credible manner after nearly 400,000 people turned out to watch the racing action in New York and, for the very first time on fresh water, in Chicago’s Lake Michigan.

America\'s Cup Revolution: Worldwide Interest

However, the sport’s international reach does not stop there. In 2014 Bermuda was announced as the home of the 35th running of the America’s Cup, taking place in 2017, and the island has already staged a round of the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series in 2015.

It is not only geography in which the America’s Cup is expanding, it is also now generating media coverage worldwide, with every event attracting journalists, broadcasters, bloggers, photographers, radio stations and podcasters from around the world.

Twenty-seven different broadcasters will take coverage of the 2017 events to more than 190 countries around the globe, taking the spectacle from Bermuda’s Great Sound to everywhere from the major nations to more obscure territories such as Djibouti and as far afield as Australia, more than 10,500 miles away from the 35th America’s Cup venue.

NBC and NBCSN, who will once again broadcast coverage in the USA, as they did for the last America’s Cup, in which ORACLE TEAM USA staged one of the greatest comebacks in sport to retain the trophy for the United States in 2013.

The television coverage was widely acclaimed and saw the development of the Emmy Award-winning on screen graphics package, AC LiveLine, which enhanced the viewing experience by making the sport more engaging and more easily understood, especially for new fans.

“We are excited to once again showcase the best sailing in the world to a national audience,” said Jon Miller, President, Programming, NBC and NBCSN.

“The 2013 America’s Cup served as the setting for one of the greatest comebacks in recent sports history, and we will again leverage the full collection of broadcast, cable and online platforms of the NBC Sports Group to present the race for the oldest trophy in international sports.”

Greater coverage and reach means millions of people can watch, read about, listen to and interact with the sport every single day and as the America’s Cup itself ,and the teams which compete in it, all embrace social media, fans can go right into the heart of the action whenever they want, wherever they are.

https://www.americascup.com/en/news/2529_The-America-s-Cup-Revolution-Worldwide-Interest.html

~Stingray~~

Super Anarchist
I downloaded the app and it blows goats.

It crashes every time I launch it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Same shit.

Looks like it will be NBC or nothing for me.
I ran it recently too (iOS with a May 3 update) and most of it worked but it crashed when playing about the third video I tried. Fingers crossed they get it back to good.