How To Win An Election 2022 GOP Version

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
  • Establish a base of under-educated, gullible, fearful citizens
  • Tell them their fellow Americans are out to get them 
  • Pass laws that violate the rights of your fellow Americans who don't support you
  • Promise or pass laws that are unconstitutional
  • Repeatedly drive a wedge between Americans
  • Promulgate and perpetuate fear, anger and hatred
  • Tell your base that you are working to save them and America

A3IYI4HGCVFXVGW4VAT3JM4UKQ[1].jpg

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Oh yeah, and arm the shit out of them.

NEWS SERVICE OF FLORIDA

WILLISTON — Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday he expects to approve changing Florida gun laws to allow what is known as “constitutional carry,” though it is not clear when that could happen.

DeSantis didn’t say whether he would add the issue to a special legislative session that will start May 23 on property insurance.  But he said he intends to eventually sign such gun legislation.

“The one thing that I wanted the Legislature to do, and I think we will do it, I can’t tell you exactly when, but I’m pretty confident that I will be able to sign constitutional carry into law in the state of Florida,” DeSantis said while at an infrastructure-funding event in Williston.

Under current law, people who want to carry guns must get concealed weapons permits from the state.  Constitutional carry would allow people to carry guns without the permits.

“The Legislature will get it done. I can’t tell you if it will be next week, six months, but I can tell you that before I am done as governor we will have a signature on that bill,” DeSantis, who is running for re-election this year, added.

Alabama and Georgia, both also under Republican governors, enacted forms of constitutional- carry laws in the past two months.

As of March 31, Florida had just under 2.5 million concealed-weapons permits issued, according to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, which administers the program.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
  • Pass laws that violate the rights of your fellow Americans who don't support you
The sad thing is that it appears to be very successful.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
How about:

Biden Stole The Election From Trump

Sorry as usual about the Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading.

billsreef

Anarchist
Miami
Those RWNJ's always seem to forget, they aren't the only ones that own guns and know how to use them. Seems they are trying to help the Boogaloo Boys get that civil war. 

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
I still call it "Vermont carry" because they've had it the longest up in crime-ridden VT.
I’ve spent a lot of time in rural VT (my sister owns a farm in Waits River VT), everybody has a long gun. It’s part of the culture, but more for hunting and target practice than personal protection. 
VT is rated 26th on the strength of state gun gun regulation by these folks -

https://247wallst.com/state/how-the-gun-laws-in-vermont-compare-to-other-states/

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Around here people already carry fire arms w/o permits. Declaring it "constitutional carry". The law enforcement doesn't do anything at all...... Unless of course, if you're a crack addict or meth head killing your daughter/girlfriend, or a black man. But black men around here aren't stupid enough to carry guns unless they're crack addicts, or meth heads.... The red neck crackers, on the other hand...... Yeah..... They're that dumb even if they aren't crack heads..... Which is often in doubt.

As my neighbor/friend who is an ex cop said today.... "I'd rather pull over a stoned on pot man than a drunk man, or a crack head any day."

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
The sad thing is that it appears to be very successful.
Used to be politicians would shy away from anything likely to be overturned by the courts.  Today they first look at the vote value - how many more votes can I get if I pass certain legislation?  By the time their legislation could be overturned, the election would be over and they would have won.

You'd think this would hurt them politically but TFG disproved all that.  We are in the age of party before all else.  As long as that continues to exist, politicians can do as they please without the risk of losing their job.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
The Republicans have one hell of a propaganda machine. It's absolute fact that they tank the economy every time they get in power. But does that knowledge trickle down to the voters? Hell no, and I blame the "bothsiderism" media for that. The Republicans certainly are strong on crime, as in committing them.

Broad Republican advantages in trust to tame inflation and handle crime are keeping the party in a strong position for the 2022 midterm elections in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, albeit off the historic peak in vote preference the GOP attained last fall.

Americans trust the Republican Party over the Democrats to handle inflation, by 19% points; the economy more generally, by 14 points; and crime, by a dozen points. Trust in the Republicans to handle crime is its highest (by a single point) in ABC/Post results back 32 years; trust on the economy, just slightly off its high two months ago.
486a5fc2b676bb781ee02cb3cf8d542f

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gop-strong-crime-boosted-trust-040000261.html

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
The Republicans have one hell of a propaganda machine. It's absolute fact that they tank the economy every time they get in power. But does that knowledge trickle down to the voters? Hell no, and I blame the "bothsiderism" media for that. The Republicans certainly are strong on crime, as in committing them.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gop-strong-crime-boosted-trust-040000261.html
Doncha wonder WHY they believe this?

Might be something to do with the fact that hate-spew RWNJ media spends gazillions of dollars pushing this message.

- DSK

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Doncha wonder WHY they believe this?

Might be something to do with the fact that hate-spew RWNJ media spends gazillions of dollars pushing this message.

- DSK
That's the problem, it's not just the RWNJ media, it's all the media. I have no idea why the MSM is so down on the Democrats while they coddle Republicans. It's just bizarre.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
That's the problem, it's not just the RWNJ media, it's all the media. I have no idea why the MSM is so down on the Democrats while they coddle Republicans. It's just bizarre.
The MSM are corporations.  The GOP is the most powerful lobbyist for corporations.  The end.