Hurricane Season 2022

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
Euro brings it over mine but much later and with much less emphasis…. Big truck is out of commission for road trips at the moment but little one isn’t. If the SW FL crowd needs it I’ll make a run with essentials.
I could use some beer and rum.

Seriously, I have a mid sized truck with a topper and could help if you get the call.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
A state emergency official read from a release from NHC. Now track is into Venice @125 in 35 hours. If true will spare Tampa Bay from worst of the surge. Got a spot to hide for the next 72 hours.

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
Our people are calling it as landfall at Bradenton as a Cat 3.
Capture1.JPG

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
And shit some more.
1664292500540.png

Landfall in Tampa Bay, now it's Sarasota. Some are saying this could be Charley 2.0, except bigger and slower.

Shit!

To add injury to insult, we're both dealing with COVID now. I have all the energy of a tri-athelete, without the conditioning or youth. I just want to stick the dinghy in the living room, plop down some padding and pillows and ride it out here.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Euro brings it over mine but much later and with much less emphasis…. Big truck is out of commission for road trips at the moment but little one isn’t. If the SW FL crowd needs it I’ll make a run with essentials.
Good chance power will be out so no football. How many hookers can you squeeze into the little truck?

Seriously, I hope everyone gets through this safely and the damage is minimal.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Thanks for that generous offer!

If you don't hear from me at all on any forum, it's probably because we're screwed and need essentials!

There's no way I'm leaving the fancy new Starlink dish up on the roof for this.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
fairly recent Euro run on tropical tidbits

Thanks for that link Bump! TT is great but it looks like it can do much more than what I have explored. This approach could send some epic surf to the Redneck Riviera.

I never even knew this shop exists just down the road from my place!

glexpress

Super Anarchist
Hill Valley
My parents are in Naples, SW of Tamiami Trail. I really hope this thing doesn't track any further south. With apologies to those to the north of course.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Thanks for that generous offer!

If you don't hear from me at all on any forum, it's probably because we're screwed and need essentials!

There's no way I'm leaving the fancy new Starlink dish up on the roof for this.
I’m not mobile until Monday morning anyway but I will get in gear if needed.

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
And shit some more.
View attachment 543371
Landfall in Tampa Bay, now it's Sarasota. Some are saying this could be Charley 2.0, except bigger and slower.

Shit!

To add injury to insult, we're both dealing with COVID now. I have all the energy of a tri-athelete, without the conditioning or youth. I just want to stick the dinghy in the living room, plop down some padding and pillows and ride it out here.
Took a hard right as soon as it cleared Cuba. If you check back up with the water vapor look link I posted above you can see it. That loop is a rolling 7 hour loop and updates every 5 minutes.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Eye on radar is shifting well east of official track. It’s persisted since clearing the coast of Cuba. Doesn't look like a wobble.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Took a hard right as soon as it cleared Cuba. If you check back up with the water vapor look link I posted above you can see it. That loop is a rolling 7 hour loop and updates every 5 minutes.
I've been tracking the predicted landfalls today and the move has been substantial. At 8AM is was right into Tampa Bay. At 2PM it was right around Venice. If that kept up, landfall would probably be south of us. I would suppose all of this is due to the hard right after leaving Cuba.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
I've been tracking the predicted landfalls today and the move has been substantial. At 8AM is was right into Tampa Bay. At 2PM it was right around Venice. If that kept up, landfall would probably be south of us. I would suppose all of this is due to the hard right after leaving Cuba.
Yes! Ft Myers is yesterday’s Tampa

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I ask this every time a named storm comes through, could someone walk me through insurance coverages for the average homeowner in harm's way? In MI, when we get a strong storm, basements flood and people get zilch. You make a gross mistake (as my late brother did fixing a toilet) with your plumbing and your basement floods, you're covered. I know all about NFIP and it's limitations. Say I'm 65, retired, living in Clearwater and suffer $100K damage between wind and water, what would be a usual recovery. Every winter I think about FL, not so much this week.