Hurricane Season 2022

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
The hump won't affect us much is my guess

OTOH, if the storm is large enough and slow enough and coming at just the right angle, I might just have to amend that guess.

Elevation around my houses is 11' and there's a creek at the bottom of the yard that connects to the Gulf. So around 12-13' of surge would bring water indoors. I don't expect that in my house, but lots of others are lower.

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
OTOH, if the storm is large enough and slow enough and coming at just the right angle, I might just have to amend that guess.

Elevation around my houses is 11' and there's a creek at the bottom of the yard that connects to the Gulf. So around 12-13' of surge would bring water indoors. I don't expect that in my house, but lots of others are lower.
I'm in a 9' flood zone (a 1 in 100 chance in any given year of water reaching that level), the lowest floor of our house is about 5'.

It's real shitty out there.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
Landfall Cape Coral / Boca Grande around 1100 hrs / I am under the blue dot in the upper area of the screenshot.
9DB4F9EA-33E8-457A-B9AC-7B17F595F826.jpeg

F528674F-7BF0-4511-AAA7-1C56CADA168B.png

Last edited:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Especially for insurance purposes. Definitely good advice.
Yeah, I guess those kinds of pics should probably be taken annually but I was talking about just how the world looks when there's nothing green anywhere and lots of debris everywhere.

The difference reminds me of my experience with Andrew, my first major storm. I was thinking about fleeing, which would have been a good idea. I didn't, but while contemplating it I was thinking of treating my house the way a burglar would: take the TV, the computer, stuff that's worth money. After the storm, when all that stuff and everything else was wet, I found that I didn't care so much about the expensive electronics. I wanted some old pictures back. They're gone forever. I would have fled without them. If you flee, take anything money can't replace.

dolphinmaster

Super Anarchist
Chapel Hill, NC
Yeah, I guess those kinds of pics should probably be taken annually but I was talking about just how the world looks when there's nothing green anywhere and lots of debris everywhere.

The difference reminds me of my experience with Andrew, my first major storm. I was thinking about fleeing, which would have been a good idea. I didn't, but while contemplating it I was thinking of treating my house the way a burglar would: take the TV, the computer, stuff that's worth money. After the storm, when all that stuff and everything else was wet, I found that I didn't care so much about the expensive electronics. I wanted some old pictures back. They're gone forever. I would have fled without them. If you flee, take anything money can't replace.
Tommay Boy, you be safe and feel our care from the distance, Rick

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I've shingled roofs and am generally handy if anyone needs volunteer help after the fact.

Please be safe and care for your pets, they don't drive.

Last edited:

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Looks like Tampa to me at the moment.
Nope. Forecast s for 7-10 inches of rain. 70 mile an hour gusts. I’m in downtown(ish) Tampa though evaced to slightly higher ground. Just Drove down by DIYC and things look good. People are walking around. We dodged a catastrophe. Feel so bad for folks down south

Latest posts