Hurricane Season 2022

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
We left PG around 8:30 PM, dropped one car off at a shelter parking lot and headed for Tampa. Last night the track was continuing to inch south. Wind can be dealt with and our house has handled everything Ma Nature has thrown at since 1964. But, to the best of my knowledge, it's never seen storm surge like what is predicted.

When I got up this morning, the storm inched north and things looked pretty bad. We resigned ourselves to being ready to be homeless.

A few minutes ago we had one little ray of hope. One of the Fort Myers news stations showed an inundation map and had our house at 6 feet. If that's all we get and if the roof holds, I'm gonna be wearing shades.

Let's hope everyone has been able to get out safe.
Congrats on making you and yours safe. Get yourself healthy (sleep).

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
I like that the surge cam has sound. But did they have to put it in the ocean?

Screenshot in case it goes under:

1664387029836.png

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Someone posted the Naples pier link earlier. I checked it at around 10am and couldn't believe how many people were hanging around taking cellphone pics. Then abruptly they left. Sometime later the cam went down.

MisterMoon

Super Anarchist
Y'all hold my beer... Darwin candidates in Ft Myers.

I was watching something earlier showing this cam in the background and these yo-yos were climbing the fence and running out on the pier. Somebody please find an interview of these dumbasses.

Latest posts