Hurricane Season 2022

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
Debatable, the expense part, pay me now or pay me later. The irresponsible way government handles money, no thanks for any more of their “free stuff “
You get what you personally pay for, if you personally are not paying for something you have little recourse or alternative, like the examples of international HC systems.

veni vidi vici

1. On a population basis, not true (since you wrote "we" that must refer to the whole population).
2. You evaded the earlier question and discussion topic completely.
Hey ! At the end of the day I am just a ham and egger , never missed a bill payment, busted my ass, lived within my means and always had health insurance, just like everyone around me did. Society has safety nets for the physically and mentally incapable, see how it works? It works if you work it. I have never concerned myself with how much others had , it’s a winning, survivor’s attitude, the same as the vast majority. No time for lazy fucks , no time for woe is me , repatriations Bwahahaha

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Hey ! At the end of the day I am just a ham and egger , never missed a bill payment, busted my ass, lived within my means and always had health insurance, just like everyone around me did.
The Brits call that attitude "I'm all right Jack".

You probably recognize it better as "Fuck you, I got mine".

There are currently 26,000,000 of your countrymen with no health insurance.

That's a lot of lazy/useless fuckers.

Oh, and by the way, thinking you have the best health care really illustrates what an ignorant moron you are.

1664830195737.png

veni vidi vici

The Brits call that attitude "I'm all right Jack".

You probably recognize it better as "Fuck you, I got mine".

There are currently 26,000,000 of your countrymen with no health insurance.

That's a lot of lazy/useless fuckers.

Oh, and by the way, thinking you have the best health care really illustrates what an ignorant moron you are.

View attachment 544484
Naw.. I think of it as a positive example of taking control of your life and not waiting around for someone else to do for you what you should have done for yourself, starting with graduating HS with a basic education and understanding the rat race known as life.
Oh yeah and a understanding of history.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
We already have the finest HC on the face of the earth and in the history of man!
It is rapidly evolving and competitive practices offering the state of the art and science procedures and therapies.
Being stupid is not your fault. You were born that way. Lying in the face of reality is not stupidity, it is lying. You may have been born a liar, but I tend to think that you became one by watching FOX news.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Why would anyone describe the damage to FL as "decimated"?
'Cause that descriptor is being abused quite a lot on the evening news.
Dumbasses.
people for whom English is not a second language understand the meaning of the word given it’s context.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Just a random comment. That looks a lot like a Federal Pacific Stab-Lock panelboard. There were a lot of safety issues with those and I think a recall. May want to get that checked out.
OK. It's been there since the mid 1980's.

P

the fact that your two pole 50 amp breakers are still on and you jumped both legs with a #12 wire makes me know you have little idea of what you are doing. Send a bill to your insurance when all the electronics connected to your ac or stove are ruined eh? Or a fire ruins the panel. That and it’s a federal pacific panel that has been recalled. Wtf? Get someone who knows something to fix it. Seriously. Did you even turn the main off?
Hah! So many wrong assumptions packed into one post. All I'm doing it making a few lights come on, not trying to run anything like a stove or AC. Ian turned the main off. I removed the meter so my antics don't kill any linemen.

Do you ever give it a rest?
No, he doesn't, nor does he make those kinds of comments where they would be on topic.

dyslexic dog

Super Anarchist
Michigan

Hah! So many wrong assumptions packed into one post. All I'm doing it making a few lights come on, not trying to run anything like a stove or AC. Ian turned the main off. I removed the meter so my antics don't kill any linemen.

No, he doesn't, nor does he make those kinds of comments where they would be on topic.
Ok they aren’t assumptions. Please tell me why you left all the two pole 220v breakers on if you are so smart? Did you ever hear of back feeding through the windings or heating elements? Hell, you don’t even need to use the jumper, you are probably back feeding through the well pump or whatever else all those two poles. Just because you can make it work doesn’t mean it is wise to do it that way.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Ok they aren’t assumptions. Please tell me why you left all the two pole 220v breakers on if you are so smart? Did you ever hear of back feeding through the windings or heating elements? Hell, you don’t even need to use the jumper, you are probably back feeding through the well pump or whatever else all those two poles. Just because you can make it work doesn’t mean it is wise to do it that way.

Actually, I never claimed to be "so smart." My comment on that in the relevant thread where I first brought this up was:

I know just enough to be dangerous sometimes.
But I do know how to read a breaker and see that it says "OFF" when the switch is in a certain direction. And those are all OFF in the picture. Now I'm actually using the lights I back-fed through the jumper wire, so some of the breakers in the pic are now on. Just not the 220 ones. Even if you assume or presume or guess or whatever you were doing that they are on. They're not. They're off.

Slick470

Super Anarchist
Virginia
I went and looked it up again. The circuit breaker design was the issue with those. They had a high failure rate in testing and the production breakers didn't meet UL listing requirements even though they carry the markings. Failed circuit breakers don't trip on overload or fault and can cause fires. There is a lot online about them but here is a quick wiki run down. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-Lok

I come across their commercial products a lot in my line of work and they used a completely different circuit breaker design in those panels that are interchangeable with other brand circuit breakers. Although a lot of that stuff is getting pretty old and replacement parts are getting harder to find.

Anyway, probably something to consider replacing at some point.