Hurricane Season 2022

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
Couple I know bought a nice 48' Cat in FL

They been posting Pix of motoring and hanging out

I asked when they were going to check out the sails

Reply was Sails are Brand New

What could go wrong putting sails up for 1st time when ya need to GTFO for yer life

They have Not sailed any such boat before and are just a couple

Me thinks on a 48' Cat ya need 3-4 couples who are used to sailing such a boat togeather

They WILL be a thread on here

nOObz in a FL Storm trying to hoist sails and figure out what to do for the 1st time sailing it .... ya what could go wrong
Update??? LOL

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
Mabey hisse morneng halfe houre on the conputere wase endeng at teh day hosiptal. That mitte macke hime crankey.

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
Couple I know bought a nice 48' Cat in FL

They been posting Pix of motoring and hanging out

I asked when they were going to check out the sails

Reply was Sails are Brand New

What could go wrong putting sails up for 1st time when ya need to GTFO for yer life

They have Not sailed any such boat before and are just a couple

Me thinks on a 48' Cat ya need 3-4 couples who are used to sailing such a boat togeather

They WILL be a thread on here

nOObz in a FL Storm trying to hoist sails and figure out what to do for the 1st time sailing it .... ya what could go wrong
Those cats go airborne in hurricanes ! They need NASCAR roof flaps

Update??? LOL
Nothing yet, they fixed a speaker tho.

Not sure of curent location but on a Hook

Once a Storm comes Rollin in and everyone else HAULED ARSE to where they knew to go

They likey shall be sitting Ducks

Most logical outcomes

Left to deal w failing ground tackle as everything explodes around the boat

Or caught in storm w sails up/jammed having not made it out of the path and not able to do damage control

There only hope to to leave Now and try to motor back to Kalifornia

RealTime on a BIG Cat you bought is a less desirable way to learn Heavy Weather Handeling (be it sailing of securing) being a nOOb to the area doesn't help either

There Will be a story "This year" no doubt

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Side note, when you had someone on ignore on the old threads, you at least saw that they posted. Now I see folks yelling into space and I go WTF? Then it hits me. Idiots on board.

I have people on ignore and I see their posts, just like before. But the text is invisible, unless I click to "view ignored", then I can read and reply or not.

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
Latest from our weather ops
Capture.JPG

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Pretty sure there are options in the ignore function from seeing nothing to knowing they posted etc. What we really need is
How to Ignore Hurricanes and make them not happen. Like here> "In Hartford, Hereford, Hampshire hurricanes hardly ever happen"