Hurricane Season 2022

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
Looks like its going to wind up north and stir the fishes in the Atlantic around a bit.
Capture 22.JPG

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
First time in 40 years I don’t have to worry about my house.
I could not board up again, Irma nearly killed me boarding up 32 double hung windows. Running on adrenaline.
Cozy in a concrete condo 12 miles in from the coast now.

Yup.

Irma was our welcome to Florida. We were in our new 7 miles from the Atlantic home for just a bit more than three weeks when Irma came calling. Soon found the former owner had done a half-assed half-assed job with the plywood storm shutters. Fortunately, the neighbors were wonderful, and took this SoKal city boy under their wing; providing tools, plywood and desperately needed advice. After 3 days of dawn to dusk effort, we were tightly shuttered-up when ol' Irma roared by to the West.

Now, we've got Hurricane Windows and a Miami-Dade spec metal roof. I sleep a lot better June through November.

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
Yup.

Irma was our welcome to Florida. We were in our new 7 miles from the Atlantic home for just a bit more than three weeks when Irma came calling. Soon found the former owner had done a half-assed half-assed job with the plywood storm shutters. Fortunately, the neighbors were wonderful, and took this SoKal city boy under their wing; providing tools, plywood and desperately needed advice. After 3 days of dawn to dusk effort, we were tightly shuttered-up when ol' Irma roared by to the West.

Now, we've got Hurricane Windows and a Miami-Dade spec metal roof. I sleep a lot better June through November.
How you you like our summers?😂
It should be a State holiday every year when the first fall cold front rolls through 😀
When I was younger and active in either work or play the heat never bothered me.
I went racing with a friend last Saturday and had heat exhaustion, the first time in my life and the thing was I didn’t realize it was happening as judgement goes out the window.

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
How you you like our summers?😂
It should be a State holiday every year when the first fall cold front rolls through 😀
When I was younger and active in either work or play the heat never bothered me.
I went racing with a friend last Saturday and had heat exhaustion, the first time in my life and the thing was I didn’t realize it was happening as judgement goes out the window.

Yah know, the summers aren't bad... not with the Trade Winds, sub 100 degree temperatures, and somewhat reasonable humidity... it's just that the summers here last 11 1/2 months. ;)

Worst summer day in my experience was 112 degrees with 99% humidity and no breeze - in St Louis, MO. It was damn hard to breathe.

Loving it here. But, you do have to watch the heat/ humidity.

Last edited:

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
This has been the coolest, wettest summer I have ever experienced in the 23 years I've lived in Chaffee county.
Based on current weather predictions my sample size is sufficient to predict we are entering an ice age. Bundle up bitches.

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
This has been the coolest, wettest summer I have ever experienced in the 23 years I've lived in Chaffee county.
Based on current weather predictions my sample size is sufficient to predict we are entering an ice age. Bundle up bitches.
A frendes mom hade freezere that wase allwayes hyppere colde, licke flashe freezed stuffe. I suppossed/fearred the nextte ice age woude starte theire.....

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
It has been an exceptionally hot, and wet summer, after an unusually hot and dry spring.... Watching the Gulf stream which is slower, and hotter than typical, I expect more storms to blow across it and in to the Gulf.... Not a happy feeling.

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
I'm at the point where I wait until something gets the attention of Tropical Tidbits
Absolutely no need in getting anxious for the latest sat images because once it gets anywhere near the hurricane hysteria will become a relentless and painful in your face the sky is falling.