I Hate Bad Artwork Depicting Sailing!

Boathavn

Hof & Gammel Dansk - Skål !
I asked four online AI art-makers to draw me a sailboat.  Here is what I received:

www.nightcafe.studio

Night Cafe.png

www.starri.ai 

starri.ai.png

www.hotpot.ai:

8-VfVkZtU7SO1ZlH4.png

I tried one last one was the real deal.

So ZOTL is the sailboat of the future !

ZOTL.png

Last edited by a moderator:

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself

This is Rembrandt's "The Front Fell Off"...
Matthew 8:23-26

23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 

24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was passed out. 

25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and retrieved the spin halyard and made fast thy Holy Whomper. And said to the men, "Back of the bus bitches! Send it Johnny!"

Foredeck Shuffle

More of a Stoic Cynic, Anarchy Sounds Exhausting
Stable Diffusion run on a home system with a lot of GPU.

This one looks like a Russian designed it. I fed it with several sport-boat images and this was the best it could do.
laser_sailboat_racing_in_space_Seed-1156688_Steps-50_Guidance-7.5.jpeg

Then there was raft boat racing in ancient imperial Japan in the style of Hokusai. This is literally its first try and I decided I liked it.
dinghy_sailboat_racing_waves__by_Katsushika_Hokusai_Seed-3165754_Steps-25_Guidance-7.5.jpeg

This was supposed to be Laser's racing in waves and I fed it several sample photos, the AI decided it knew better than the input imagery. This was not the most realistic it came up with but it was the prettiest of the bunch.
laser_sailboat_racing_in_space_Seed-1156688_Steps-25_Guidance-7.5.jpeg

So with that failure complete I asked it to try again but this time in the style of Vermeer. This was the best it could do after several tries.
dinghy_sailboat_racing_waves__by_Johannes_Vermeer_Seed-5085876_Steps-25_Guidance-7.5.jpeg

AI is a misnomer, machine learning makes a lot more sense as the program obviously is nothing more than an amagalm of human imagery mashed up and re-imagined. Often quite poorly.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Well, it's already better than that guy who built the catamabarge after "studying 10,000 yacht designs."

It could be that the AI is just impatient, like humans. It needs to be fed some more examples.

DryArmour

Super Anarchist
Not to throw anyone under the bus but there is a 2023 race in SoCal where they slapped what looks like a rig from 1975 reefed down on to a cruise ship profile. Possibly the ugliest regatta shirt I have seen so far. Seriously RC, you could have done a LOT better.

Latest posts