I Hate Bad Artwork Depicting Sailing!

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
Same with USA Cycling.  They have every issue to resolve except promoting bike races (which is kinda their job and what we pay them $75 no, now 90 bucks each year to do. ). Just about to come to the conclusion, that with only two local races I can participate in, held in the last two years…I’ll keep my $90 and they can go on and solve social issues to their hearts content.  USA cycling…No races…No money.  

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Amati

/)/)/)____/)/)/)______ ][ ____(\(\____(\

Room at the mark!  

Or is it Starboard?

Anyway, something like this was on the cover of a rules handbook, many years ago…..  :lol:  also posted as thread art on these here threads!

Last edited:
A

Amati

Never mind the headship--tahts just a Zfoil Phoyon Tunneling panel layout--redirecting photons so you can achieve eyestrain withcless Jeffery.

Thecothervquestion what o a this?

View attachment 473871
All those arch thingies in the cockpit too….?  And the faucet :rolleyes:  on the platter on a stick back there?  Unless all that is offshore rule driven.

Last edited:

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Same with USA Cycling.  They have every issue to resolve except promoting bike races (which is kinda their job and what we pay them $75 no, now 90 bucks each year to do. ). Just about to come to the conclusion, that with only two local races I can participate in, held in the last two years…I’ll keep my $90 and they can go on and solve social issues to their hearts content.  USA cycling…No races…No money.  
I ha c.f. ent been licensed since '97. I had lapsed a few years and the person gettimgvmevback up said "I found you over in the old AS400"

Hahaha I was already both a dino and a boat anchor

JM1366

Wisconsin
US SAILING is so utterly out of touch with real racing sailors, and that’s really by design. They really only focus on training programs. Racing is an annoyance for the new President. 
I hope the sail trim shown in that artwork isn't what they're teaching in their training programs...

Matagi

Super Antichrist
That's what I was wondering.

Some sort of repurposed boarding ladder?
Look what I stumbled upon. This is a thing, apparently.

noray-38-28062090212349495150485054524566x.jpg

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
and the lifelines compared to the skipper height... they are about 5-feet (1.5 m) off the deck. OK.

and the semi-transparent StackPack where the aft lazyjack just sort of vanishes about 8-feet (2.4 m) up.

My dude.  

I raced bikes for a decade or so, promoted races amateur and pro (well, pro-am, there's no pro races but for the amateur cash cow).  While the race officials (commisaires) were beyond outstanding, USA Cycling was a horror show.  They couldn't effectively address doping, membership prices (and race sanctioning prices) (theoretically for rider insurance but largely for a few badly run national programs) kept shooting up, they tried and nearly killed off mountain biking, they ignore trackies... Gack!

I did that after playing rugby for 20 years, including playing at a pretty solid level overseas.  Rugby in the US at the top level appears to be getting worse, based on the >100 point shellacking the All Blacks gave the US  national team a couple weeks ago, and its recent losses to non-powerhouse meso-American teams.  Participation is up, athleticism of the players is up, there's more money to be had... the quality at the top is down.  US Rugby has been incompetently managed since I started playing in the mid-80's.  They harvested cash, hassled players, made it tough on club administrators, and went bankrupt last summer.  So much winning I'm sick of it. 

Aaaaaaaaaaand now I race sailboats.  FML.  

I need to take up another sport that's badly run before I wear out my welcome here... anybody got any ideas?   

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
How long can it be until Scuttledbutthole praises is for it's "artistic creativity"? When you're on the payroll, you do what they tell you.

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
pssst....ist froome 2020

:)
I can guarantee you, Chris Froome had nothing, and I do mean NOTHING to do with bad art work.  Unfortunately, his time as one of the truly elite cyclists appears to be past.  (Appears not “is”. Example, see Mark Cavendish, winner of four stages in the 2021 Tour de France after having been written off since 2016.  ).  (Oh, Chris’s last name si spelled Froome not Frome)

21A82A5A-2E9B-4FE2-B0EB-787C9A72E528.jpeg

75EF6AE4-6D3D-48A4-B1CD-52EDF2EEC162.jpeg

Latest posts