I still call Australia home

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Yeah, went down like a cup of cold sick with Albo and all the other States wouldn't play ball.
The bottom line is the Govt needs revenue as to pay for their projected $127 billion debt by 2024 and education and health in this State are fucking mess.
Maybe they should sell off the olympics.

Oh that’s right, they pretty much got it be default.

It was rather pathetic that Anna made herself the minister for the olympics but not the para..

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
aphobic..:D

This forum needs lightning up a bit.

Your side hustle?

DB255FCB-3304-4C6D-9D4E-B613E7771294.jpeg

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
CPAC..Australia.
How long have Australian conservatives been aping the USA forum?
since 2019 apparently.

This years speakers line up includes, Nigel Farage, Matt Schapp, the chairman of the American Conservative Union and all round Trump apologyst

Mathew Whitaker, Last in the line of Trump's dubiously appointed AGs
Jason Millar, Trump's mouth piece

Covid assumably put the brakes on our very own "pay big money to meet a fascist" expo.

Just how far to the right is the coalition going?
Silly question.

Get your tickets NOW

Actually the conference started yesterday.

Australia's first CPAC was held in August 2019, with guest speakers including former prime minister Tony Abbott, Brexit campaign leader Nigel Farage, former Breitbart News editor-in-chief Raheem Kassam and NSW One Nation leader Mark Latham. Liberal Senator Amanda Stoker and Craig Kelly MP were at the event. There have been calls for Kassam to be banned from coming into the country before the event.[69][70]

The 2020 conference started on November 4.[71] Canadian alt-right YouTuber Lauren Southern was initially scheduled to appear, but her invitation was rescinded by the organizers

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
I don't think I need to add my own editorial comment...

Pity that Meli can't comment on this. I'm sure she'd have some incisive defence of this sort of bullying behaviour, not to mention the Bandt hypocrisy.

FKT

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
I don't think I need to add my own editorial comment...

Pity that Meli can't comment on this. I'm sure she'd have some incisive defence of this sort of bullying behaviour, not to mention the Bandt hypocrisy.

FKT
Sure I could comment on it.
But it might not be a comment you'd welcome.
I'm not a Green voter or a fan of Lydia Thorpe.
I voted Green exactly once because the local candidate Jason Ball is a good egg. I joined the Party and attended exactly one meeting before leaving in disgust with way the young self entitled members patronised their token non wasps.
Lydia Thorpe is a bully and a show pony and Bandt a weak leader.

Good enough?

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
Well it's not exactly playing out that well for Brittany, you couldn't make this shite up. So we now know she downed that much at the local bar she couldn't stand up and has no memory of a large chunk of the evening, she was downing Valium at the same time, her little media piece with the Goddess of Woke Wilkinson was released before she lodged a police complain, and now she's been caught out recording phone conversions with the specific intent spreading allegations.

1665097337519.png

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia

Brittany Higgins rape trial: How Peter FitzSimons helped with $320,000 book deal​

Brittany Higgins has been questioned about a more than $320,000 book deal Lisa Wilkinson’s husband Peter FitzSimons helped her secure.

Lucky Meli has you on ignore else she'd be choking on her breakfast.

FKT

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas

Brittany Higgins rape trial: How Peter FitzSimons helped with $320,000 book deal​

Brittany Higgins has been questioned about a more than $320,000 book deal Lisa Wilkinson’s husband Peter FitzSimons helped her secure.

Have not been following but keep hearing highlights from the case on the news.

It’s certainly coming over as if what BH did post “sex” was all about leveraging the event too her advantage.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Have not been following but keep hearing highlights from the case on the news.

It’s certainly coming over as if what BH did post “sex” was all about leveraging the event too her advantage.

The problem is, it's her claim and his denial. There appears to be no forensic evidence and no recordings et al. And by all evidence she was very, very pissed so had NFI what she was doing or what was going on.

Meli would convict because a woman would never lie about something like this.

On what I've read so far, I'd like the verdict 'not proven'. Absent a fair bit of evidence of similar abuse by that man to other women, who knows. She may well have had unwanted sex, she may well have said no and therefore it was rape, FOR SURE she was in no state to give informed consent, so IF he did have sex with her, I'd convict him on that alone.

But - he denies that sex took place and there is no evidence that it did. Just her belated claim. Not sufficient IMO. But I'm not happy about it regardless of which way it goes, the whole thing was just plain sleazy.

FKT

Having been foreman of the jury on a rape case.... I would have to say, its very different in there in the jury room. I don't like her chances of getting a conviction based on what I'm reading in the ABC, which is probably the most favourable writeup she would be getting. The case I was on was quite straightforward compared to this... and our first vote was still 9 not guilty 2 guilty 1 abstained. We had medical evidence, the main witnesses were a minister of religion... who recounted hearing "no, no, stop, leave me alone" over half an hour... and a police sergeant.

LB 15

Cunt
There are only two people on earth that know what happened that night. Since neither can prove anything beyond reasonable doubt then he walks. The only thing that can be proven is that pair of cunts Wilkinson and FitzSimons were doing their best to ensure that the accused didn’t get a fair trial. I hope he sues the pair of them. But I do not buy into this diminished responsibility crap. It was her choice to pour piss into herself until she was blind drunk. I have done some stupid shit when drunk, but being pissed doesn’t excuse my behaviour. It looks like the rape story only emerged after it looked like she was going to lose her job and she was ‘enabled’ by Wilkinson and FitzSimons to have a potshot at the Morrison government. Cuntery all around.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
But I do not buy into this diminished responsibility crap. It was her choice to pour piss into herself until she was blind drunk. I have done some stupid shit when drunk, but being pissed doesn’t excuse my behaviour.

Now there, the nuance is important. I fully agree about getting pissed and being responsible for your actions.

However, it appears she got pissed to the point of passing out and - she claims - came to briefly while being fucked.

What sort of person even wants to fuck some unconscious person that they've not been in any sexual relationship with previously? No, I can't come at that.

But it's still not proven. And he says there was no sex at all, so first step is to demonstrate that there was and only after that does the issue of impairment and inability to consent come into play.

And, BTW, I disagree that 2 people know what went on. If she was as drunk as she claims, only 1 person really knows because for sure she's not a reliable witness after that much booze.

She's an idiot and his career is fucked.

FKT

Latest posts